Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday Rant

Banned
    Reason for Editing: None.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Python View Post
    I thought I just create this post so everyone can have a platform to get things off their chests,
    As bottling up all our emotions and thoughts is not good for our mental health,
    Especially being a punter and keeping it a secret from our family and friends,

I go first, it’s Friday and I just finished work and going home to an empty home that I have been neglecting since my wife passed away 2 years ago, its a total mess but its full of memories, I have an opportunity to sell up and go live in Thailand with a long term friend that I have know for 20 years and start life over again, but my commitments here keep dragging me down, especially with aging parents that are in their later years, deep down I don’t want to be alone in life but I also don’t want to give up on what I have, so it’s mentally eating me away,
    Punting has given me some short term relief from reality, but its not going to solve the problem I am facing.
    That’s my rant and what’s been eating me up, I hope you guys can be brave enough to express your thoughts and worries as bottling it up is not really healthy.

I hope you are okay! It can be very difficult to make such big decisions in life. I know it's hard, but try to focus on the positive aspects of your situation and on what you would gain from making a change. Consider all the possibilities that could arise if you were to move away and start fresh. Think about the new experiences and opportunities that could come up. Make sure to talk with people who understand and can provide you with support, advice, and guidance. Remember that life is always an adventure and that you have the ability to make the best out of any situation. Good luck!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Damn man.. I just had a punt with a nice Japanese girl, a decent session but it feels so empty afterwards. That excitement and the rush of dopamine wears out quick. Anyway that’s my short rant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abovetherim View Post
    Damn man.. I just had a punt with a nice Japanese girl, a decent session but it feels so empty afterwards. That excitement and the rush of dopamine wears out quick. Anyway that’s my short rant.
    $ permitting she'll be there for you many more times.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibon View Post
    $ permitting she'll be there for you many more times.
    No doubt, but I’m starting to feel the pointlessness of all this stuff

Senior Member(無間使者)
    No doubt, but I’m starting to feel the pointlessness of all this stuff
    Funnily enough, I felt that way after my punt a couple of days ago too...it wasn't a bad punt but it wasn't mindblowing either, and I left feeling quite meh.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Great post Python, I think mental health should be discussed between men more often. We are only human trying our best to survive out in this mess. I struggle with many personal issues myself, mainly mental health that’s stemmed from my upbringing. I’m sure other on here are the same. We all have a story

I am in a rut with my career path, I feel I’ve lost all passion for the craft I worked toward for a number of years. Every day feels like a chore but I am stuck with what to do next

I refuse to tangle with girls or try to hold a relationship because of things that have happened in my past. But I know punting is not the answer. As you said. It’s just a distraction. But for you long??

I will be checking back to see how others chime in. This has been the best post on the forum the last couple of weeks and I hope it’s ongoing. Every body needs to vent

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    This is my point. I bet the majority of older women just find men too much hassle

The other issue is that if a man is healthy, there is an argument he doesn't need to settle down if he is divorced or older
    Why be with an older woman? Silly question as each to his own but it takes two fit people to fuck well. Generally this is not the case in most relationships. One partner isn’t fit generally speaking. And it may be the guy who isn’t.

Thoughts?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    yeah the quick sugar hit fades real quick! i used to think, i'll work to 50, retire early - go and enjoy life over in other counties where the AUD stretches further, punt my way through the next few decades etc now im thinking of more meaningful things like still retire early but go help a charity instead of punting.

the hamster wheel that is corporate life gets old quite quickly and often makes you think 'what's now ?'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by refokkused View Post
    yeah the quick sugar hit fades real quick! i used to think, i'll work to 50, retire early - go and enjoy life over in other counties where the AUD stretches further, punt my way through the next few decades etc now im thinking of more meaningful things like still retire early but go help a charity instead of punting.

the hamster wheel that is corporate life gets old quite quickly and often makes you think 'what's now ?'
    Change jobs. Why do the same thing all your life?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    [QUOTE=refokkused;2843648]yeah the quick sugar hit fades real quick! i used to think, i'll work to 50, retire early - go and enjoy life over in other counties where the AUD stretches further, punt my way through the next few decades etc now im thinking of more meaningful things like still retire early but go help a charity instead of punting.]

I quit work in my 40s to do my own online business I think working the same job for someone else till you retire is to mentally draining. Not only that but the pay usually sucks. It took a big leap of faith to quit my old job back in those days but I made so much more money working for myself. I'd never give up punting.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I thought I just create this post so everyone can have a platform to get things off their chests,
    As bottling up all our emotions and thoughts is not good for our mental health,
    Especially being a punter and keeping it a secret from our family and friends,

I go first, it’s Friday and I just finished work and going home to an empty home that I have been neglecting since my wife passed away 2 years ago, its a total mess but its full of memories, I have an opportunity to sell up and go live in Thailand with a long term friend that I have know for 20 years and start life over again, but my commitments here keep dragging me down, especially with aging parents that are in their later years, deep down I don’t want to be alone in life but I also don’t want to give up on what I have, so it’s mentally eating me away,
    Punting has given me some short term relief from reality, but its not going to solve the problem I am facing.
    That’s my rant and what’s been eating me up, I hope you guys can be brave enough to express your thoughts and worries as bottling it up is not really healthy.
    Life seems hard mate but you have some good options, so just stay focussed and you will get through in a good position. Sad for the loss of you life partner but it is important you move forward. However, staying here for your parents is probably the best thing to do. Down size the home, travel back and forth to Thailand and enjoy the friend but keep your spare time simple. Not sure you were asking for advise but you have more positives than negatives. 👍

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    With all due respect, I'd really exercise a GREAT deal of caution about bailing out and resettling. At least until you are SURE it has what you want.

I understand about the companionship. But giving up your homestead and moving... A lot of questions to answer, because LIVING somewhere is nothing like visiting, even when the visits are months long. Will you work, or will you retire? (rhetorical question). If working, are you prepared for the hassles, bureaucracy, etc. If retired, does Thailand have what you need, infrastructure, places, things, to keep you amused (and all you younguns who think "hey, there's plenty of go-go bars, mp's, etc. to keep me entertained... that gets old quick). How exactly will you spend your days? Companionship is great, but 24/7/365? Not only you, but can she handle it? And things are great when you're both relatively healthy, independent. But what happens when one declines, and requires a bit, then a lot, of help? One thing about Asians, they don't put their family in homes, BUT you have to be considered family to qualify. And what about medical costs? What would Australia govt pay for someone overseas? Or do you have enough to cover all? Medical care is cheaper there, but it's not free, and a govt hospital might not be what you want.

Thailand has some great things to see, some great parks, beaches, some mountains, etc., but how many Buddha statues can you really see? Yes, every pose has meaning, but for me, non-Buddhist, they become a blur. And it is convenient for trips to Cambodia (a LOT to see), Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar (though I wouldn't be visiting there anytime soon; shame because it is fascinating). Now China, that is a country that would take a lifetime to see.

Some keep the tourist mentality, don't embed with the locals. You have a long term friend... even if you don't socialize with locals, she will. Sure, a number speak English, but unless you speak fluent Thai, you'll always be a bit on the outside looking in. And then there's the corruption, the abuse of power, the inequities of the elites over the masses. Maybe your lady is one of the former. But still, it can grate. For me, like fine sandpaper, what you need to put up with to get things done. Or just listening to the locals tell about their run-ins with the corruption... Your lady will screen you from most of it, but unless you're really oblivious, it does grate.

Not saying it can't be done. But selling the ole homestead, that's a "let me think about that..."

Myself, like I said, I have an agreement with my best friend: if either of us wind up sitting on the Pattaya beach front at noon, drinking beer, in a wifebeater, the other one puts us out of our misery.

Super Fans (忠實Fans) Footballpunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    With all due respect, I'd really exercise a GREAT deal of caution about bailing out and resettling. At least until you are SURE it has what you want.

I understand about the companionship. But giving up your homestead and moving... A lot of questions to answer, because LIVING somewhere is nothing like visiting, even when the visits are months long. Will you work, or will you retire? (rhetorical question). If working, are you prepared for the hassles, bureaucracy, etc. If retired, does Thailand have what you need, infrastructure, places, things, to keep you amused (and all you younguns who think "hey, there's plenty of go-go bars, mp's, etc. to keep me entertained... that gets old quick). How exactly will you spend your days? Companionship is great, but 24/7/365? Not only you, but can she handle it? And things are great when you're both relatively healthy, independent. But what happens when one declines, and requires a bit, then a lot, of help? One thing about Asians, they don't put their family in homes, BUT you have to be considered family to qualify. And what about medical costs? What would Australia govt pay for someone overseas? Or do you have enough to cover all? Medical care is cheaper there, but it's not free, and a govt hospital might not be what you want.

Thailand has some great things to see, some great parks, beaches, some mountains, etc., but how many Buddha statues can you really see? Yes, every pose has meaning, but for me, non-Buddhist, they become a blur. And it is convenient for trips to Cambodia (a LOT to see), Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar (though I wouldn't be visiting there anytime soon; shame because it is fascinating). Now China, that is a country that would take a lifetime to see.

Some keep the tourist mentality, don't embed with the locals. You have a long term friend... even if you don't socialize with locals, she will. Sure, a number speak English, but unless you speak fluent Thai, you'll always be a bit on the outside looking in. And then there's the corruption, the abuse of power, the inequities of the elites over the masses. Maybe your lady is one of the former. But still, it can grate. For me, like fine sandpaper, what you need to put up with to get things done. Or just listening to the locals tell about their run-ins with the corruption... Your lady will screen you from most of it, but unless you're really oblivious, it does grate.

Not saying it can't be done. But selling the ole homestead, that's a "let me think about that..."

Myself, like I said, I have an agreement with my best friend: if either of us wind up sitting on the Pattaya beach front at noon, drinking beer, in a wifebeater, the other one puts us out of our misery.
    To echo your thoughts, I have been traveling for the better part of last 2 decades. I even lived and work in one of the Asian countries for years. I can say that living and visiting is very different. I hated my time there when I was work and living there, but I love my short visits or business trips.

So yea, do consider everything. Maybe try to live there for 3 months to see if it will work. For me, at the end, nothing feels better than home in the US, although Sydney is not bad either.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Footballpunter View Post
    For me, at the end, nothing feels better than home in the US, although Sydney is not bad either.
    Just put on the red slippers and click your heels 3 times, with a There's no place like home.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    geez, i was just gonna rant about traffic, but that seems insignificant now...

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    I'm never worried about being lonely when older, sorry guys. I have a different perspective

Try growing old and being a lady. That's loneliness
    There's a big difference between being 'lonely' and being 'alone' and most people are 'lonely'. Humans are emotional and social beings and will therefore always seek out friendships and companionships. It takes a certain type of person with a certain type of character to be content and happy just being alone. If you ever watch the "Alone" docu-series on SBS or Netflix it goes deep to the core in explaining human nature.

At the core of human nature there is the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. When all 4 elements are satisfied in equal amounts a person is said to be balanced, at peace, content and happy. When any one or more of the 4 elements is missing or lacking, then a person will never truly be happy and will seek out ways to fill that void.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    It is bad on the weekends. People driving everywhere with no real purpose. They’re not working. Just going to get a coffee.

One day they’ll put a toll on going into the CBD.

It’ll be the best thing ever.

Banned
    Talking about moving O/S.

Pension age is 67 I think in Australia?

If guys move O/S to Thailand or the Philippines how are they going to survive if they’re 50 or even 60 till the pension kicks in.

You need a bankroll.

Plus all those hot chicks you’re banging now are used to the party lifestyle. Whilst there on holidays its spend like your on holidays. No problem. Come back here and reset. But will those girls be around you when you’re living frugally with no income?

That’s the difference between tourist holiday spend and local spend.

Ever notice the girls there ask where are you from? Why? Because if you’re a local then no money and consequently no honey.

Just my 2 baht.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Mate I hate it too, especially when you get a donkey that weaves in and out of lanes, just to get ahead of everyone else,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast