Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good idea to retire in South East Asia?

Banned

Good idea to retire in South East Asia?

Good idea to retire in a South East Asian country?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If you're single why not? Cost of living is low, lots of fun to be had.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Got an american friend doing just that in Baretto PI.
    Mostly living the dream .....

Senior Member(無間使者)
    That is the goal Sibon, that is the goal!

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Banned
    Retiring in SEA is good if you are in your 50s and already have half a million stashed away (not including super). When you reach 65 and allowed to withdraw your super, you will have more money and will be able to live the life there.

Thailand and Bali is overrated, I wonder if anyone had thought of Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    A mate did Thailand. He has a smile on his face. Question is what happens when your 70

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPedro666 View Post
    A mate did Thailand. He has a smile on his face. Question is what happens when your 70
    Move back to Australia

Banned
    Myanmar would've been a good place if it wasn't for the military junta. Many Burmese girls are very good looking but a little more conservative than Thais. One of my sister from another mother is from Myanmar. Yet to see her face to face but she's a looker. Hopefully I can visit her one day when the military decides to give up, she knows I'm waiting for my crush so no competition there.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Not many Burmese WGs here sadly

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibon View Post
    Good idea to retire in a South East Asian country?
    I lived in Asia a while back for some months and it was pretty good. The pros were lots of gals around. Stuff was cheap think I spent a few hundred bucks on renting a house a few months. Had a servant and a driver. Not a bad life if not for the dam mosquitoes. Downside is no medical cover if you ever needed it. If your ever accused of something and that country puts you in jail you can be in a lot of shit. You would not want to get done for running into someone by accident with your car at night for example. Some countries have the death penalty to, so not good not that it would happen to you but you never know. You need to know the laws, in Bali for example unmarried people having sex is banned. You can go to jail for it. If you go with a girl you thought was 18 well big trouble. To many risks to retire abroad in East Asia.

The plus is everything is real cheap.

Would I live in one of those countries full time. Probably not, And then unless you got a lot of money to stay there long term you would need some sort of job. But by allmeans try a few months and see if you like it.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If something happens to you medically you can be left in the street to die. Personally I would not retire in one of those Asian countries. Good for holidays or longer stay but not to live there all the time. But each to his own some would love it till the end.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJones View Post
    Retiring in SEA is good if you are in your 50s and already have half a million stashed away (not including super). When you reach 65 and allowed to withdraw your super, you will have more money and will be able to live the life there.

Thailand and Bali is overrated, I wonder if anyone had thought of Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam?
    okay now what happens when your super is drained and you spent the half a mil and you are broke? Become a stow away?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Lastly if you do you retire there you better find friends there you can rely on if some shit goes down like the bank you had all your money in over there suddenly goes under lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JSteel96 View Post
    Lastly if you do you retire there you better find friends there you can rely on if some shit goes down like the bank you had all your money in over there suddenly goes under lol
    Where can you find friends that would help you out monetarily these days? Most people will take off as soon as you're poor, then reappear when you've won the Lotto or landed a six figure salary.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Where can you find friends that would help you out monetarily these days? Most people will take off as soon as you're poor, then reappear when you've won the Lotto or landed a six figure salary.
    Six figure salary is no longer any special lol

Quote Originally Posted by JSteel96 View Post
    I lived in Asia a while back for some months and it was pretty good. The pros were lots of gals around. Stuff was cheap think I spent a few hundred bucks on renting a house a few months. Had a servant and a driver. Not a bad life if not for the dam mosquitoes. Downside is no medical cover if you ever needed it. If your ever accused of something and that country puts you in jail you can be in a lot of shit. You would not want to get done for running into someone by accident with your car at night for example. Some countries have the death penalty to, so not good not that it would happen to you but you never know. You need to know the laws, in Bali for example unmarried people having sex is banned. You can go to jail for it. If you go with a girl you thought was 18 well big trouble. To many risks to retire abroad in East Asia.

The plus is everything is real cheap.

Would I live in one of those countries full time. Probably not, And then unless you got a lot of money to stay there long term you would need some sort of job. But by allmeans try a few months and see if you like it.
    Sounds sensible, unless you are a loner with no family, children or friends, then why give up all the good things in life here in the lucky country ?

Besides, how much sex can you have ? At retirement age, hard to imagine you can keep fucking day and night, week after week. No matter how hot are the girls and cheap are the sex.

If money is no object and you are free to travel . Have a punting tour every few months should satisfy all your lusts, no ?

Banned
    Humidity can be a pain.

The moment you walk out of the airport to the car park the heat hits at you like a storm.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Sounds sensible, unless you are a loner with no family, children or friends, then why give up all the good things in life here in the lucky country ?

Besides, how much sex can you have ? At retirement age, hard to imagine you can keep fucking day and night, week after week. No matter how hot are the girls and cheap are the sex.

If money is no object and you are free to travel . Have a punting tour every few months should satisfy all your lusts, no ?
    Yeah, that would be the approach I would take giving you the best of both worlds.

My retired friend living in PI does it because he enjoys the broader 'lifestyle' and not just a focus on girls even though there are plenty on offer.
    He loves the bar hoping culture, flirting with girls in the numerous bars every night of the week, buying 'lady drinks', sometimes doing 'takeout' and sometimes embarking on relationship attempts. Plus it seems the commradarie of fellow expats and the life on offer generally appeals to him.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Sadly as for regular friends I don't have many they in the past have traditionally wanted money from me, I have one rule don't lend friends money. Its hard when they see that your wealthy. But that ok having limited mates makes more time for my regular lady friend. So being alone in a foreign country whilst cheap living can actually be risky. Imagine you get targeted in the streets. No one to fall back on for help.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post

Yeh punting tour is okay but no way would I give up what this country has to offer including individual rights that is one thing you won't have if you go live in Asia and get in any type of trouble. You can get all the sex you want here, I hear the OP cheaper cost of living but is it worth it to retire there? I reckon no. Just head to Asia for a month or so fuck the girls then come back.Random thought how many of you guys have enough money for your future retirement? I saw one of the ladies who was my neighbor get in trouble. She was renting and her landlord decided to sell and evict her. She had no savings and was in her late 60s. Not a good spot to be in. You need to save $$.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast