Thread: Ginza Club website

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

Ginza Club website

A practical question and perhaps I should be asking Ginza directly, but I suspect there are numerous punters here who can set me straight.

I'm setting up a new phone and in the process of resetting the 2 Ginza websites I had previously, I have noticed that whilst the Ginza Empire site is the familiar layout/colours and easy to navigate etc, the Ginza Club website is totally different and not familiar at all. It has large yellow lettering, is unstructured, looks old and is difficult to navigate. Previously they were identical.

I simply pulled it up from a google search and clicked on "website" ~ I thought I had just found an old link but did a few other searchs and it always brings up this unfamilair Ginza C site.

Obviously doing something (simple!) wrong .... any thoughts?

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abracadabra View Post
    A practical question and perhaps I should be asking Ginza directly, but I suspect there are numerous punters here who can set me straight.

I'm setting up a new phone and in the process of resetting the 2 Ginza websites I had previously, I have noticed that whilst the Ginza Empire site is the familiar layout/colours and easy to navigate etc, the Ginza Club website is totally different and not familiar at all. It has large yellow lettering, is unstructured, looks old and is difficult to navigate. Previously they were identical.

I simply pulled it up from a google search and clicked on "website" ~ I thought I had just found an old link but did a few other searchs and it always brings up this unfamilair Ginza C site.

Obviously doing something (simple!) wrong .... any thoughts?
    Yeah, it's because the GC website doesn't work properly with HTTPS. It might not be possible on a mobile device these days, but if you can, try to alter the URL and change it to HTTP only, without the S.

EDIT: What's your new toy? Did you take advantage of the Black Friday deals?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Yeah, it's because the GC website doesn't work properly with HTTPS. It might not be possible on a mobile device these days, but if you can, try to alter the URL and change it to HTTP only, without the S.

EDIT: What's your new toy? Did you take advantage of the Black Friday deals?
    Thx for the tips GFM.

New toy is a Google Pixel 8 Pro 5g 256. Still finding my way around it! Good price at JBHIFI

Previous phone was an aging S9, which I dropped in the pool. The Ginza C site worked well on it!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    For such a high profile business Ginza websites suck. Girls that don't work there anymore and not in alphabetical order. Major pain in the arse looking through all the profiles.

Banned
    So I changed iOS on an Apple phone and facial recognition for logging into this site ain’t happening anymore.

It also says site Not Secure.

Any ideas?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent888 View Post
    So I changed iOS on an Apple phone and facial recognition for logging into this site ain’t happening anymore.

It also says site Not Secure.

Any ideas?
    I'm getting the same on both my phone and computer. It says that the forum hasn't updated it's security certificate or the date & time on the server is incorrect.

Maybe it's the Y2K virus reawakening after 23 years.

Banned
    Unfortunately this forum also has the same issue with SSL certificates. Most browsers will automatically add the "https" prefix when typing in a URL.

Changing it to "http://" fixes the Not Secure warning.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This issue was raised before. Another member helped out and suggested accessing Ginza Club website via a different browser. Microsoft Edge was the solution that worked for me.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Just press "go back" ang get on the site again should fix the "not secure" issues

Yeah, it's because the GC website doesn't work properly with HTTPS.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookiestones View Post
    This issue was raised before. Another member helped out and suggested accessing Ginza Club website via a different browser. Microsoft Edge was the solution that worked for me.
    Thanks Rookiestones.
    Used Edge instead of Chrome and worked perfectly!

Thx for the tips GFM.

New toy is a Google Pixel 8 Pro 5g 256. Still finding my way around it! Good price at JBHIFI

Previous phone was an aging S9, which I dropped in the pool. The Ginza C site worked well on it!
    Great choice. I think they did a very good job putting together this year's Pixel phones. Almost gave everyone what they were asking for in terms of improvements: flat and ultra-bright screen, much better face unlock (still not the best), better FPS, better cameras, better build quality. On the fence with getting one myself!

Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldBubbles View Post
    For such a high profile business Ginza websites suck. Girls that don't work there anymore and not in alphabetical order. Major pain in the arse looking through all the profiles.
    Totally agree! The worst is the GE website because it has that thing where it automatically goes back to the first column of profile pics if you stop scrolling through the profiles for a bit, plus they don't put the girls' names clearly on each profile. I always end up taking too long to figure out which profile is which girl, then it snaps back to column 1. Fucking annoying!

And they really should clean up on the old profiles. Some of the girls have clearly stopped for years, profiles are still there!

Quote Originally Posted by bjl0v3s View Post
    Just press "go back" ang get on the site again should fix the "not secure" issues
    Note that that doesn't fix the security issue, it just makes the warning go away. You would've switched from HTTPS to HTTP. That means the browser is not even trying to be secure, so it doesn't give you the warning.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Great choice. I think they did a very good job putting together this year's Pixel phones. Almost gave everyone what they were asking for in terms of improvements: flat and ultra-bright screen, much better face unlock (still not the best), better FPS, better cameras, better build quality. On the fence with getting one myself!
    First impressions after 2 days is top notch, despite needing to forget 10+ yrs of the Samsung way.

$1377 at JBHIFI ....2 doors down Optus had it at $400 more!

First impressions after 2 days is top notch, despite needing to forget 10+ yrs of the Samsung way.

$1377 at JBHIFI ....2 doors down Optus had it at $400 more!
    I got one for a family member using a deal at HN that only lasted for a week or so. It was, you sign up to Optus for a $69 plan, you get the phone for free (you get a $1699 "voucher" that you can then use to "buy" the phone).

Contract break clause means you end up only paying $800+ for the phone. Needless to say everyone who knew about the deal started abusing it.

I was really tempted to do the same thing to get one myself but I missed the boat due to hesitation!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I got one for a family member using a deal at HN that only lasted for a week or so. It was, you sign up to Optus for a $69 plan, you get the phone for free (you get a $1699 "voucher" that you can then use to "buy" the phone).

Contract break clause means you end up only paying $800+ for the phone. Needless to say everyone who knew about the deal started abusing it.

I was really tempted to do the same thing to get one myself but I missed the boat due to hesitation!
    That was lucrative! The quick and the dead...

Actually JBHIFI had a $500 cash back if you swap to $69 Telstra plan. It was good short term but whilst current provider Optus not too flash I did the math overall and passed.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)

Actually JBHIFI had a $500 cash back if you swap to $69 Telstra plan. It was good short term but whilst current provider Optus not too flash I did the math overall and passed.
    I got that same deal. It was great. Strange though after this month we won't be able to access my Telstra. Even though we're on the Telstra network they're moving is to JB hi Fi specific.

That's a great deal too. Wonder what the contract break fee is? $69 is still a lot of money for a mobile service. I'm on a Boost annual prepaid now, works out to be about $20 a month with more than enough data, free international and local calls. I only paid $240+ for 1 year and it's on Telstra network too. Couldn't ask for more, really.