Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brittany Higgins / Bruce Lehmann case

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    Let's face it. When you criticise any political party you smoke out all the closet supporters. I support no mainstream political party. Australians are always given sh_t officials to choose from, who mostly have no real world experience and are not successes outside of Parliament. Crying shame

All they understand I'd the 3-4 year election cycle and Talking Points. Hopeless.

Both parties are as f_cked as the other. When they are kicked out, the truth comes out just how incompetent they were

The Morrison government kept the immigrants criminals in quarantine and kept us all safe but had no plan B when the justice warrior Courts freed those criminals. The Morrison govt paid way to much during Covid and we have a huge debt. They were a sh_t government but labor will always be worse

Make no mistake, Labor are even more incompetent but we have to wait until the opponents to get in before the books are checked and the disastrous decisions are revealed

I predict that Chris Bowen is proven
    to be 1000% wrong about renewals and the awful off shore windmills. He won't stand up to scrutiny either. Never had a real job in his life, mark my words
    Yep smoked you out. Please name something the last government did in their 9 years that wasn't incompetent

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    There's nothing new under the sun and history does repeat itself - everything you hold so firmly to, everything you see, hear, believe, and place blind faith and trust in had an origin and was founded and built upon something prior. This democracy you hold so dearly to, had its origins and was built upon a previous foundation. If the original foundation was corrupt, brittle and fucked to begin with, no amount of reinforcement or structure can make it stronger or better. If you built your house on sand it will collapse, that is a fucken guarantee.
    Thing is, all that shit you talk about only reenforces the need for separation of powers and the means to keep that in check. Eternal vigilance is necessary, not lame acxceptance.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldBubbles View Post
    Yep smoked you out. Please name something the last government did in their 9 years that wasn't incompetent
    Both sets of fools are incompetent but Labor are generally are worse of the two sets of losers

Albo was lucky to get voted in as PM. He can't even quote the interest rate, pure incompetence and everyone knows it. Oh, what was his life experience? Party hack, and communist hack for part of his life. God help us

You can tell he has no charisma, and he lost all credibility after his referendum failure

As for the treasurer, let's see what tangible things he does regarding cost of living

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The interest rate thing is a media trap. And I'd rather someone who has lived experience and actually knows how government works.

I can't repeat it enough but LNP gave away 40 BILLION dollars to companies that didn't need it. They porkbarrelled their arses off. Barnaby Joyce charged taxpayers more than half a million in costs as a drought envoy but never submitted anything apart from a few text messages. I could go on....
    Tell me you read the Murdoch media without telling me you read the Murdoch media.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    I mentioned the surplus in reference to your comment "money we don't have".

The LNP were massive fans of increased immigration and have only changed their tune now that they're in opposition. Immigration rates went up because of all the people, especially students, coming back after covid. And now Labor have announced plans to reduce immigration and crack down on dodgy student visas. You'll probably complain about that though out of self interest.

https://www.removepaywall.com/article/current
    Oh yes, it's great that you brought up this point. When you can comfortably argue that "the opposition would've done the exact same thing", then what does the Labor Party stand for? What are its principles or pillars if it would just do what the other party does?

Isn't Labor pro... Well, labour? Pro the working class, screw big business. Leave the pandering to big business wishes to the LNP.

Yet here they are, bringing in record immigration, fodder for businesses to lower their wage bills. Surely you can't expect the local workforce not to be affected by doing this?

They might as well stop calling themselves Labor because they clearly do not stand for the working class.

EDIT: I didn't say "money we don't have". You got me confused with someone else.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Oh yes, it's great that you brought up this point. When you can comfortably argue that "the opposition would've done the exact same thing", then what does the Labor Party stand for? What are its principles or pillars if it would just do what the other party does?

Isn't Labor pro... Well, labour? Pro the working class, screw big business. Leave the pandering to big business wishes to the LNP.

Yet here they are, bringing in record immigration, fodder for businesses to lower their wage bills. Surely you can't expect the local workforce not to be affected by doing this?

They might as well stop calling themselves Labor because they clearly do not stand for the working class.

EDIT: I didn't say "money we don't have". You got me confused with someone else.
    When did I say this? "the opposition would've done the exact same thing" I'm actually saying it was the LNP that increased immigration and now Labor is planning to reduce it after the surge back after covid. and if you want to talk about Labor standing up for the worker, they just made it illegal to pay labour hire workers less for the same job, criminalised wage theft and criminalised workplace manslaughter.

And yes you're right, someone else said "money we don't have" but it was still the reason for my bringing up a surplus. Which doesn't mean I agree we should be prioritising a surplus.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    When did I say this? "the opposition would've done the exact same thing" I'm actually saying it was the LNP that increased immigration and now Labor is planning to reduce it after the surge back after covid. and if you want to talk about Labor standing up for the worker, they just made it illegal to pay labour hire workers less for the same job, criminalised wage theft and criminalised workplace manslaughter.

And yes you're right, someone else said "money we don't have" but it was still the reason for my bringing up a surplus. Which doesn't mean I agree we should be prioritising a surplus.
    Both Labor and Liberal brought on the housing crisis, decades of sitting on hands

Finally Labor have looked at immigration so that's great. Let's make sure they do more than just tighten visa laws. Let's reduce the actual annual immigration rate by something meaningful
    If we currently introduce 500 000 a year, we need that number reduced by 80%, where do all these people going to live?

OK, not directly, but by saying that the problem started with LNP and is only now being looked at by Labor after 18 months in power... What does that say?
    The calls to reduce immigration have been going on long and loud since at least September 2022 yet nothing has been done about it. In fact, it was the Albanese Gov that came out and announced that we'd be getting 650k immigrants in 2023 - 2024.

When a Labor Gov does that, it doesn't feel at all like a Labor Gov. It feels just like LNP.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Immigration is needed in Australia, like all developed countries. They help fill jobs/services that most citizens/locals don’t want to do and they also help with skilled labour where there are short falls. Who’s going to fill these jobs and help drive the economy and small business growth?

I think a lot of immigration was student visa’s and Labor may of overcooked the chicken, but overseas education industry is such a cash cow it generates billions in revenue, there’s always going to be negatives and positives. Cost of living/house prices are happening all over the world, independent of who’s in power and immigration plays a part but I doubt it’s a deciding factor.

Also, how do people think a lot of the WL’s/ML’s get here? The Ginza gods teleport them here

Quote Originally Posted by Jamez11 View Post
    Immigration is needed in Australia, like all developed countries. They help fill jobs/services that most citizens/locals don’t want to do and they also help with skilled labour where there are short falls. Who’s going to fill these jobs and help drive the economy and small business growth?

I think a lot of immigration was student visa’s and Labor may of overcooked the chicken, but overseas education industry is such a cash cow it generates billions in revenue, there’s always going to be negatives and positives. Cost of living/house prices are happening all over the world, independent of who’s in power and immigration plays a part but I doubt it’s a deciding factor.

Also, how do people think a lot of the WL’s/ML’s get here? The Ginza gods teleport them here
    I do agree that O/S education is a big industry that brings a lot of money into Australia. This has always been a good thing for Australia, but at this moment it is not 100% clear. It's been warped. You have to look at the finer details.
    There were policies put in place as a knee-jerk reaction to what was then perceived as an impending wage spike caused by the lack of workers.
    The Gov completely removed the work-hours restriction that used to apply to O/S students and made it possible for them to work fulltime in Australia. This was in place from Jan 2022 through to July 2023.

From July 2023, an O/S student can do only 48-hours /fortnight, but this restriction is only in place when "school's in". Each Uni semester is 13 weeks, so that's only 26 weeks out of a year that an O/S "student" would be under this restriction. Outside of that, they can work like anybody else. This is a far cry from the original restriction, which was 40-hours /fortnight all year round.

Now look at the immigration numbers. From 2022 through to now, we've had 600K+ arrivals. A big proportion of these were indeed O/S students. It has been a record-breaking O/S student intake.

So, what happened in 2022 that caused this? Did Australia suddenly become the best educator in the world? People discovered that you could get a good degree here when previously they didn't? What do you think drove this mass influx of "students"?

Maybe one of my work colleagues can illustrate what's been happening. He's an Indian national and has no PR here. So, over a casual convo, he divulged that he does not have a sponsorship from our employer. And he's studying in Uni. Yet he's been working fulltime at our place for the last 1.5 years. Now he is well on his way to getting the PR because he's had the Aussie work experience needed to get it.
    This is not some menial job that nobody wants to do either. He's in a well paying IT job. If you think that people would come here to "do jobs that no Aussie wants to do", all I can say is you're being too naive believing that that would happen on its own. Left to their own devices, everyone would go for better jobs.

That stretch where they allowed O/S students to work full-time in Oz is like letting the genie out of the bottle. It will have an impact on employment in this country for much longer than they think because it is not going to be so easy to get rid of them once they're in.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Immigration increased across the board, not just students. In 2022 there was a massive jump in job vacancies with not nearly enough locals being able to fill those jobs. Unemployment was at a close to 50 year low, businesses can’t grow and develop without workers, the economy can’t grow without business growth and confidence.

“The low supply of available workers has translated to almost a third (31 per cent) of businesses struggling to find suitable workers, ABS data released on Thursday indicates.
    Most of these businesses attributed their struggles to applicants not having the required skills (59 per cent) and a lack of applicants (79 per cent).
    The inability to find workers is also not sector-specific, with the shortage affecting every industry.”

https://www.afr.com/policy/economy/w...0220621-p5avcc

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Doesn't matter whether its labour or liberal, they both get into power and fuck the country up. Neither has a long term plan to fix the country, we haven't had a good liberal government since Howard and labours last good team was Hawke/Keating.

What we need in this country is a benevolent dictator with a terminal disease.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Let's get back to punting

Unless PM Albo returns punting prices to preCovid levels, he is gone

No excuses. No explanations

Quote Originally Posted by dotcumdotinyou View Post
    Doesn't matter whether its labour or liberal, they both get into power and fuck the country up. Neither has a long term plan to fix the country, we haven't had a good liberal government since Howard and labours last good team was Hawke/Keating.

What we need in this country is a benevolent dictator with a terminal disease.
    Haha, or a monarch, leave it to luck. If you get a good king, you're in luck, you're set. Is democracy really better than monarchy? It boils down to a very human question. What motivates a human being to dedicate their lives to politics? For the good of all Aussies? Don't bet on it.

So democracy.... No thank you, it is prone to fall victim to human greed. What about monarchy? That's one way to solve the greed problem because what's there to greed for when you've got the entire country? The only problem is that individual. If he's a nut job, you're screwed. Lol...

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcumdotinyou View Post
    Doesn't matter whether its labour or liberal, they both get into power and fuck the country up. Neither has a long term plan to fix the country, we haven't had a good liberal government since Howard and labours last good team was Hawke/Keating
    That is absolutely correct. Anyone supporting one of the major parties has sh_t for brains. Rusted on and brain dead. Clear the swamp of the trough dwellers

We need longer term plans by competent people who are NOT reliant on being voted in every three years

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Haha, or a monarch, leave it to luck. If you get a good king, you're in luck, you're set. Is democracy really better than monarchy? It boils down to a very human question. What motivates a human being to dedicate their lives to politics? For the good of all Aussies? Don't bet on it.

So democracy.... No thank you, it is prone to fall victim to human greed. What about monarchy? That's one way to solve the greed problem because what's there to greed for when you've got the entire country? The only problem is that individual. If he's a nut job, you're screwed. Lol...
    Don't forget Oligarchy(eg Russia, Philippines etc), Theocracy (Iran, Afghanistan etc), Tyranny (North Korea etc) all equally fucked systems. Our friend Reggie has high hopes in Democracy, I highly doubt it will last and will eventually be forced down the imperialism route.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    Don't forget Oligarchy(eg Russia, Philippines etc), Theocracy (Iran, Afghanistan etc), Tyranny (North Korea etc) all equally fucked systems. Our friend Reggie has high hopes in Democracy, I highly doubt it will last and will eventually be forced down the imperialism route.
    Monarchy without a Parliament ultimately leads to a group of privileged people that the Royalty relies upon. The stratified society this creates (the king allows some members of the public to be called Lords and Barons), and the fact that the kings family invariably steals public money for their own wealth, makes monarchy a poor alternative to democracy

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    That is absolutely correct. Anyone supporting one of the major parties has sh_t for brains. Rusted on and brain dead. Clear the swamp of the trough dwellers

We need longer term plans by competent people who are NOT reliant on being voted in every three years
    Good plan. Love the detail. Very Trumpian. Definitely no shit in your brain.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Monarchy without a Parliament ultimately leads to a group of privileged people that the Royalty relies upon. The stratified society and the kings family invariably stealing money for their own wealth, makes monarchy a poor alternative to democracy
    I'd partially agree with that, when you look at the UK Lizzy had it down pat, she knew and played her role very well, now that she's gone Charlie is torn between what mummy taught him and what Camilla says. As for Will he has potential but watch this space. But as for the red head simp he's been pussy whipped by the black chick (reminds me of JJ in some ways). All the other royals are a waste of space.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    The losers who thought it was a great idea to parade all their dirty laundry in this very public show trial, don't realise that the lawyers, like vultures at a carcass, earn more the longer this trial lasts. $35 million is not an unexpected cost on each side, by the time this court case finished

Even though thankfully the taxpayer isn't funding it, it's still an unedifying spectacle

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast