Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Brittany Higgins / Bruce Lehmann case

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwally View Post
    Maybe it was her idea for fucking. Possible scenario...in the office, she takes off her dress, she says to him "fuck me"...he says no...she feels rejected. If you have ever rejected a woman, you will know that you will never get to fuck her in the future and she will do anything to get back at you. It is highly embarassing to a woman to get sexually rejected. After all she was found naked in the office, she wore the dress on multiple occasions after the alleged rape. Wouldn't you think that she would never wear that dress again if she was traumatised by the alleged rape,?
    Something similar happened to a guy from my area. He went to jail ,lost his wife and kids, got stabbed and assaulted multiple times and whatever else happens in jail then 1 night she got drunk and admitted to her friends that it was all a lie so her friends went and told the cops.

She got a 12 month good behaviour bond.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I reckon bitches should just accept they’re gonna get raped a few times in their life. It’s too difficult to prove in court and they might be just lying out of spite to get revenge on a good honest guy.
    Might as well decriminalise rape actually.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldBubbles View Post
    I reckon bitches should just accept they’re gonna get raped a few times in their life. It’s too difficult to prove in court and they might be just lying out of spite to get revenge on a good honest guy.
    Amen to that brother! Yee hah!

Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    I don't understand the basis of the claim that the taxpayer was liable for what happened to Brittany and paid her over $2 million
    What does the taxpayer have to do with funding her paymemt of a French house??
    All this speculation about the tawdry drunken sex affair is merely trivial gossip.

The only thing that concerns me is the 2.4 taxpayer million handed over in a flash without any of the usual timelines, procedures and safeguards. It stinks. The new Federal corruption watchdog had better investigate it, provided it has teeth - or why does it exist. If they do it properly I see sackings and refunds of monies coming.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Na, better to just get rid of the entire judicial system altogether. No man, woman or child deserve the basic right of assumption of innocence… unless they happen to be in the same political side as you of course.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    All this speculation about the tawdry drunken sex affair is merely trivial gossip.

The only thing that concerns me is the 2.4 taxpayer million handed over in a flash without any of the usual timelines, procedures and safeguards. It stinks. The new Federal corruption watchdog had better investigate it, provided it has teeth - or why does it exist. If they do it properly I see sackings and refunds of monies coming.
    Bro. Thank you. I have been stating this repeatedly. How on earth does the taxpayer foot the bill for this lady to buy a house in France? The politicians know 1 million ways to steal money from the poor taxpayer
    This $2.4 million payout is the only public interest aspect to this whole story

I agree let's continue to clean up that Canberra bubble

1. National Corruption Commission with teeth

2. Illegal for political party donations to exist

3. Reduce the number of managers and consultants. Regain the governments expertise in running the country and not outsourcing it

4. Create a new public bank that can provide home loans and insurance policies for the general public

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by carmen farquis View Post
    Something similar happened to a guy from my area. He went to jail ,lost his wife and kids, got stabbed and assaulted multiple times and whatever else happens in jail then 1 night she got drunk and admitted to her friends that it was all a lie so her friends went and told the cops.

She got a 12 month good behaviour bond.
    Disgusting bitch. Ruined a guy's life and probably he has been in the news all over , even if he is clear of all charges he has to establish himself again in the society. He should have received a big fat check for the time he had been inside and she is on 12 months good behaviour . My ass.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    No 5. Ban foreigners buying property in Australia unless their country of origin allows Australians do the same there.

Banned

3. Reduce the number of managers and consultants. Regain the governments expertise in running the country and not outsourcing it

4. Create a new public bank that can provide home loans and insurance policies for the general public
    Number 1 isn't going to happen. Not when the country is run by the two major parties.
    Number 2, same reason for Number 1.
    Number 3 is like stirring the hornet's nest. They'll make your life living hell through their connections - if your workplace are connected to their cronies you can expect getting harassed every day to the point you quit your job and no chance of continuing your career in another business as they're likely connected. Go get a new degree or start a career as a council gardener.
    Number 4 isn't going to happen. Public banks only exist in communist countries these days.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Bro. Thank you. I have been stating this repeatedly. How on earth does the taxpayer foot the bill for this lady to buy a house in France? The politicians know 1 million ways to steal money from the poor taxpayer
    This $2.4 million payout is the only public interest aspect to this whole story

I agree let's continue to clean up that Canberra bubble

Agree with all four.

Nothing to do with Brittany Higgins though. She probably got raped while she was drunk. Workplace tried to cover it up. She got some money. Not that much really in the scheme of things. But dudes are super mad. There's waaaaaaay bigger stuff to get mad about what your taxpayer dollars get spent on.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Agree with all four.

Nothing to do with Brittany Higgins though. She probably got raped while she was drunk. Workplace tried to cover it up. She got some money. Not that much really in the scheme of things. But dudes are super mad. There's waaaaaaay bigger stuff to get mad about what your taxpayer dollars get spent on.
    Even cent of taxpayer money waste is important to me, because it shows the population yet another loophole that can be exploited over and over by fat bureaucrats from both sides

Brittany looked so eager to walk back into her office at 1am in the morning. She was definitely drunk, but able to walk. What was her motive to follow the guy - who had just spent the evening getting her very drunk with vodka purchase after vodka purchase, and who had a girlfriend?

I will never ever believe she went back to do work at 1am.
    Noone in the Canberra bubble cares that much about their constituents

I wish her all the best. She did far better than the other 99/100 women who allege sexual assault. Why? Because she had friends in high places

I also don't understand how you can write and publish a book about this event, when the man hasn't been convicted!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Even cent of taxpayer money waste is important to me, because it shows the population yet another loophole that can be exploited over and over by fat bureaucrats from both sides

Brittany looked so eager to walk back into her office at 1am in the morning. She was definitely drunk, but able to walk. What was her motive to follow the guy - who had just sent the evening getting her very drunk with vodka purchase after vodka purchase, and who had a girlfriend?

I will never ever believe she went back to do work at 1am.
    Noone in the Canberra bubble cares that much about their constituents

I wish her all the best. She did far better than the other 99/100 women who allege sexual assault. Why? Because she had friends in high places

I also don't understand how you can write and publish a book about this event, when the man hasn't been convicted!
    She hasn’t written and published a book and most likely won’t.

Banned
    From my observation it seems that both parties are untrustworthy. It's like both of them are crooks trying to get at each other, and the judge just couldn't believe them both.

Bruce was definitely trying to get laid using any means necessary, Brittany saw that and was taking advantage of the situation by removing her knickers before getting on that Uber ride. As a 'rapist' and coworker I don't think Bruce would've been sloppy and leave her naked in the office after the deed. Brittany must've been aware all the time pretending to be dead drunk, and after Bruce left she took her clothes off and was waiting to be discovered so that she can start the drama.

Bruce is a repeat offender as he's got a similar case ongoing in QLD. Brittany on the other hand is just your typical Aussie girl who wants to get rich quick by rorting the system.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by xapoya View Post
    From my observation it seems that both parties are untrustworthy. It's like both of them are crooks trying to get at each other, and the judge just couldn't believe them both.

Bruce was definitely trying to get laid using any means necessary, Brittany saw that and was taking advantage of the situation by removing her knickers before getting on that Uber ride. As a 'rapist' and coworker I don't think Bruce would've been sloppy and leave her naked in the office after the deed. Brittany must've been aware all the time pretending to be dead drunk, and after Bruce left she took her clothes off and was waiting to be discovered so that she can start the drama.

Bruce is a repeat offender as he's got a similar case ongoing in QLD. Brittany on the other hand is just your typical Aussie girl who wants to get rich quick by rorting the system.
    There is a lot of common sense here. The lady gave a graphic story of the man lying on top of her, so at some point the event upset her.
    Anyway let's see the legal costs, they will be massive and will completely blow away in size the $2.4 million Brittany hacked away from innocent but long suffering taxpayers

Looking forward to see who gets left to pay the lawyers costs. I'd rather have half my body inside a crocodile rather than face a lawyers bill after such a waste of time show trial

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamez11 View Post
    Yep Labor gave our tax payer money on the untested claim made by Higgins that she won’t be able to work for 40 fucken years! Meanwhile she had a book deal worth 300 thousand dollars before the trial even began. God knows how much speaking engagements and me too rallies she’s been paid for since. How can you look at what she got paid for, using our tax money and think it’s reasonable for nothing more than an allegation?
    Yeah these kind of deals made in court really should have tax related conditions. Like be based on the career path and prospects before the issue, give payout but if deals come out from the case receive a tax deficit, allow time averaging because sure you make 2 mill in a year you'll be paying tax anyway on that but if deals go away after a few years but your reputation is ruined to the point of unhirable sure keep what's left of the payout but if you land another position equivalent to your original career path then you receive a debt like hecs that you pay back over time. It's not as swift as judgement as the public may like but it'll be more effective and an actual cash flow back to the tax payer. Another condition would be you'd have to be trying, if you retire from it that time wouldn't count towards the averaging.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    How many soldiers who lost their lives or permanent serious injury got similar compensation?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by cn6666 View Post
    How many soldiers who lost their lives or permanent serious injury got similar compensation?
    Bro, nothing is real in the Canberra bubble. Every single person of working age in Canberra directly or indirectly profits from the proceeds of political life. Most career political types aren't restrained by the reality of where the money comes from, they just get very good at hooking in for their share. It's a sad fact that most people don't want to work, they look for shortcuts to get a nice little paypacket escape out of the full-time job trap

Noone on this thread has yet explained how a women gets paid $2.4 million of taxpayers money for a crime that was never proven in a court of law

Sounds like hush money to shut her up

Senior Member(無間使者)
    What gets me after watching this case, is that these people are no more than kids with no real world experience, but they have power and they probably went to private schools and they are instrumental in forming policy that directly affects us. The systems fucked.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
    What gets me after watching this case, is that these people are no more than kids with no real world experience, but they have power and they probably went to private schools and they are instrumental in forming policy that directly affects us. The systems fucked.
    100%. Most of these people have zero real world appreciation of the consequences of bad leadership and yet are placed on leadership roles in our political system. 90% of them fall into the stereotype of Talking Points and narratives, and crushing over public benefit

Let's look at NSW. The Rozelle interchange fiasco created by the Liberal Party was known about by the politicians 6-12 months before the Westconnex opened. Did they think to tell the local council and citizens of Rozelle, Balmain, Drummoyne, and Lilyfield that their lives would be trampled over in the interests of a toll company? Of course not

How about the Inner West council that only collects rubbish every fortnight? I'm not making this stuff up

Banned
    100%. Most of these people have zero real world appreciation of the consequences of bad leadership and yet are placed on leadership roles in our political system. 90% of them fall into the stereotype of Talking Points and narratives, and crushing over public benefit

Let's look at NSW. The Rozelle interchange fiasco created by the Liberal Party was known about by the politicians 6-12 months before the Westconnex opened. Did they think to tell the local council and citizens of Rozelle, Balmain, Drummoyne, and Lilyfield that their lives would be trampled over in the interests of a toll company? Of course not

How about the Inner West council that only collects rubbish every fortnight? I'm not making this stuff up
    We're born in a world where someone wants to be something. Give them that opportunity and they abuse it. The only way to survive it is to not get sucked into their policies.

I'm much more grateful not living in Southeast Asia where they lock people up for speaking up, and we don't need to take up arms in order to fight civil injustice.

These things have to happen sometimes in a democracy. We can't really create a utopia. The Soviet Union tried their hand at it - immediate citizens of the capital were happy but it was chaos at governmental level, they had to redirect resources from other regions to make it "even" for citizens in the capital cities. That's why some regions never recovered even after the Soviet collapse.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast