Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost of the Punt

Senior Member(無間使者)

Cost of the Punt

Hello brothers,

Just noticed the increase of the punt over the last year or two.

Used to get a solid punt for $150 / 30 min. Using No5 and 42G as a benchmark.

Nowadays min $180.

Will prices continue to increase or is it like housing prices and one day they might crash so we could get some better value.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Don't think it'll ever come down. The most we can hope for is that it'll stop increasing. The same as housing prices.

It would take a miracle or 2 to bring prices down.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Does the cost of bread ever come down?

I've only seen one WL recently that brought their price down, it's seems very rare.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Classic supply and demand driven

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I cant do more than 30 minute sessions these days cause the cost is too damn high

I've completely stopped for about a month now. Really finding it hard to justify spending the cash on this activity when the same dollars could be put to a lot better use.

But that's just me. To all the bros still spending and punting, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I've completely stopped for about a month now. Really finding it hard to justify spending the cash on this activity when the same dollars could be put to a lot better use.

But that's just me. To all the bros still spending and punting, enjoy!
    Yeah, 2 hour doubles are very much a thing of the past.....that money is now needed elsewhere!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Exploring other shops is a better option. I guess they are going to bump it to 200/30 min after 1st Jan. I could have justified it but with this quality definitely not value for my $$

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Just saw a tv report foreshadowing a cut in immigration focussing on students coming here to do courses.

Might hit shop supply... and pricing.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    try kograh or rockdale weekday daily special fs for $60

I hope they don't intend to just shut the door on students en masse. That's the lazy way to fix the problem. Having real students coming here is a good thing cos it helps the education industry, it's a net income for the country.

What they need to be doing is control the proliferation of bogus higher education "institutions" that are nothing but back doors to get into Australia to work full time. It's not going to be easy to do but who said it was ever easy to have your cake and eat it too?

That mass immigration of 600k in one year was really a knee jerk reaction that became the wrong move almost immediately after it was put in place.

Governments these days I think need to be judged based on the frequency of the changes they make because of how fast macro factors are changing around us. How can they be doing the right thing when they make only 1 big change every year, yet in a year macro factors can change X number of times? Anything they do becomes obsolete, incorrect and destructive simply from inaction on their part to react to those changes.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ooo View Post
    try kograh or rockdale weekday daily special fs for $60
    Which shops are this for? I usually prefer rnt but for that value might be hard to say no.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Octane79 View Post
    Hello brothers,

Just noticed the increase of the punt over the last year or two.

Used to get a solid punt for $150 / 30 min. Using No5 and 42G as a benchmark.

Nowadays min $180.

Will prices continue to increase or is it like housing prices and one day they might crash so we could get some better value.
    Have been saying this all year.
    Look for VFM punts

For massage shops, choose the ones with cheaper entry prices, for sure. Many many VFM massage shops in Sydney, so don't be ripped off

So.many cheaper massage shops in Sydney where you dont pay more than $40-70 for meeting a nice lady, then you take it from there
    That's what I recommend if you are finding your rent harder and harder to pay

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Seems many people have reduced the punting budget, not surprised but shops are not willing to adjust their rates. Recently a girl at 42G told me she was easily earning 1k per shift but now it's down to 500-600.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Governments these days I think need to be judged based on the frequency of the changes they make because of how fast macro factors are changing around us. How can they be doing the right thing when they make only 1 big change every year, yet in a year macro factors can change X number of times? Anything they do becomes obsolete, incorrect and destructive simply from inaction on their part to react to those changes.
    Some good changes here https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fede...08-p5eq25.html

A bunch of small changes can have a big effect.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by personaa View Post
    Seems many people have reduced the punting budget, not surprised but shops are not willing to adjust their rates. Recently a girl at 42G told me she was easily earning 1k per shift but now it's down to 500-600.
    The price only ever goes up, But will never come down

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch97 View Post
    Somebody should tell Coles marketing department.....

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Punters with long memories might remember that Keating's "recession we had to have" brought prices down but the quality went down as well, as the clueless unemployed and mainly caucasian girls flooded the industry. 5% unemployment might bring prices down but probably in the form of discounted 'extras' by ML's. The WL's will tend to move themselves to a more lucrative market, or go home.

But nothing lasts.

In almost 30 years of punting, I've never seen punting prices go down. They've only either stayed stagnant or gone up.

I'd say forget about hoping for it to go down, what we need to be doing is earn more to eventually match the current price rise. Before that happens, you'd probably have to cut your punting by 33% instead.

Or completely dump the activity. I did 6 months without a punt earlier this year. I think that experience taught me that I can actually kick this habit. I found out how unimportant it was to me, at least at this stage in my life.

I did go on a bit of a binge 4 months ago that lasted for 3 months. If anything, that "relapse" (lol!) further emphasised to me how fleeting the whole punting experience was. I was often left thinking "maybe I could've used that money for something else instead?".

The other thing that has been happening to me was, once I started trying to save money and made cuts to the other stuff in my life, I also started to realise how disproportionate my spending on punting was compared to everything else. For example, I dumped my Telstra postpaid for a Boost annual prepaid. That more than halved what I paid for my mobile, saved me about $500. Nice right?

Put that against punting... I'll easily spend that $500 on 1 - 3 punts. It's crazy when you think about it.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch97 View Post
    Disagree. Prices can be kept stable. A lot of shops understand that customer numbers will fall, and fall drastically, if you arbitrarily increase prices

One problem is the ML charging $150-200+ for extras. They don't pay the shops rent and earn a decent quid already

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast