Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital ID Bill 2023 and the Digital ID

Senior Member(無間使者)

Digital ID Bill 2023 and the Digital ID

Hi All

The government to wants to pass a Digital ID Bill and the Australian citizens can make a submission by the 19.01.2024.

This is a link to the website https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary...talIDBills2023

Plz read through the Bill and if you are not in agreement with the government on the Bill, then you can submit a comment https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary...e_a_submission.

You can also send a email to muppet Senator Katy Gallagher https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_...-content-panel should you not want to complete a submission.

I don't know about you, but I do not want a government tracking my movement and how i spend my money.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    surveillance state

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    So this can link your punting activities to your name and address and employment address?

Your Digital ID will then be enforced on your debit and credit cards too, so Government Big Brother knows which brothels ATM you use
    Then a secret bureaucrat can click a few buttons on a screen a create a map of all the places (brothels) in Sydney you have visited, cross linking to roadside cameras /licence plate scanners the government installs?

The government then sends notifications to your mobile device, to remind you that nothing you do is every secret again. Be a 'good citizen'

They already do this in a certain country don't they?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    From what I've read, it just seems like an expansion of the existing Gov ID, is voluntary to opt in, and voluntary to use it.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Centralising all your information onto one ID number. Nothing could go wrong !

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ingapores-most

Cyberhacking is just a fad. It's going away soon everyone

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    Centralising all your information onto one ID number. Nothing could go wrong !

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ingapores-most

Cyberhacking is just a fad. It's going away soon everyone
    This is why it should be optional for citizens to share their personal information rather than have everything on database unwillingly.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    It's funny

No matter how more technologically advanced we become as humans, it's still so incredibly clunky in 2024 putting everyones' every detail on an online database on an online server LOL

Please. There must be a better way !

Two factor authentication, to be fair can work, but makes it complex to remember all your passwords and accounts etc

Banned
    It's funny

No matter how more technologically advanced we become as humans, it's still so incredibly clunky in 2024 putting everyones' every detail on an online database on an online server LOL

Please. There must be a better way !

Two factor authentication, to be fair can work, but makes it complex to remember all your passwords and accounts etc
    Go back to filing every single information on paper, and taking several business days to confirm an ID 😂

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by begov94 View Post
    Go back to filing every single information on paper, and taking several business days to confirm an ID 😂
    If there is a nuclear war this decade, we WILL be doing that as all computer infrastructure will be gone

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Be stuffed if I'm signing up for anything ANY Government does, especially relating to digital ID.

Thin edge of the wedge...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Why can’t we go back to old school. physical ID is preferable, anyone can just screenshot things and use it to scam and imagine your data is being theft.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Even retina scanning is a problem

No matter what the technology, ultimately a National ID will involve bureaucrats putting everyones' details on an online database on an online server LOL

Banned
    Even retina scanning is a problem

No matter what the technology, ultimately a National ID will involve bureaucrats putting everyones' details on an online database on an online server LOL
    Sorry for what happened in the thread I started, it's locked now and some were accusing you of being close to me as we were going back and forth agreeing a lot on the issue at hand.

No doubt the issue that steered off the actual topic is quite a sensitive one that touches not only the major group of that country but also those of us that came from the minority groups. It is my wish that one day the country mentioned could open itself up so that I can visit the lands my ancestors had lived in for centuries which is typically outside the touristy areas.

Frisson had been nothing but respectful all the time. He did not retaliate the same way I did. I on the other hand was annoyed that the personal attacks came from those who were afraid to show their true selves and did little research on the matter. If anything I respect Frisson's soft-mannered personality.

This is why riling people up ends up stirring sensitivities that are inappropriate. And I just don't understand how can someone like Frisson who have been active for more than a year now without any personal attacks targeted at him at all suddenly get marked out of the blue. I even received a PM from someone claiming that Frisson had been stirring and piling posts all these while, yet I don't see a single post where Frisson had attacked anyone with profanity like some others not worth mentioning about.

If Frisson was my real life friend and a group of thugs were to bully him I would've hunted them all down and make them regret their actions. So far everything's happening only on the internet so I'm not too phased.

Frisson - I'd buy you your favourite drink for that conversation, we did kick it off almost the whole day yesterday. My first time seeing you online for that long. Keep posting!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    You really should have read my Christmas thread intro better

The vast majority on here have expressed their own opinions and stayed in their own lanes which has been great
    It's not difficult. Post an opinion. Reply to the subject matter if someone addresses you. Stay in your own lane especially if you can't avoid arguments. Arguments are tedious. Shut up otherwise

And don't keep harping on about ex-gf or ex-relationships on here.
    You are fatiguing peoples empathy very quickly when you get obsessed about ex partners. Like that really boring guy at a bar, who only has the bartender to talk to The bartender is shit bored of your schtick, but is too polite to tell you

If you need relationship support, go to a counsellor. Have a good 2024

Banned
    You really should have read my Christmas thread intro better

It's not difficult. Post an opinion. Reply to the subject matter if someone addresses you. Stay in your own lane especially you consistently seem to start arguments. Arguments are tedious. Shut up otherwise

And don't keep harping on about ex-gf or ex-relationships on here.
    You are fatiguing peoples empathy very quickly when you get obsessed about ex partners. Like that really boring guy at a bar, who only has the bartender to talk to The bartender is shit bored of your schtick, but is too polite to tell you

If you need relationship support, go to a counsellor. Have a good 2024
    Okay fine. I know you don't want to listen all about my exes. You're starting to behave like someone I know. I'll stop talking about my exes. Now I know why the thread actually got closed...

Then again, I have to admire your respectful responses. Just note that I am what I am - but this time I'll do without the ex stories.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This is why it should be optional for citizens to share their personal information rather than have everything on database unwillingly.
    The Aussie one is optional.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Sorry for what happened in the thread I started, it's locked now and some were accusing you of being close to me as we were going back and forth agreeing a lot on the issue at hand.

No doubt the issue that steered off the actual topic is quite a sensitive one that touches not only the major group of that country but also those of us that came from the minority groups. It is my wish that one day the country mentioned could open itself up so that I can visit the lands my ancestors had lived in for centuries which is typically outside the touristy areas.

Frisson had been nothing but respectful all the time. He did not retaliate the same way I did. I on the other hand was annoyed that the personal attacks came from those who were afraid to show their true selves and did little research on the matter. If anything I respect Frisson's soft-mannered personality.

This is why riling people up ends up stirring sensitivities that are inappropriate. And I just don't understand how can someone like Frisson who have been active for more than a year now without any personal attacks targeted at him at all suddenly get marked out of the blue. I even received a PM from someone claiming that Frisson had been stirring and piling posts all these while, yet I don't see a single post where Frisson had attacked anyone with profanity like some others not worth mentioning about.

If Frisson was my real life friend and a group of thugs were to bully him I would've hunted them all down and make them regret their actions. So far everything's happening only on the internet so I'm not too phased.

Frisson - I'd buy you your favourite drink for that conversation, we did kick it off almost the whole day yesterday. My first time seeing you online for that long. Keep posting!
    Lol you make a great couple. Dude China opened up years ago. I know people who have been to Urimqi (the land of your ancestors apparently), but you can't even be fucked doing the paperwork to visit the Chinese mainland when you're in HK?
    And "true selves"? Please be serious.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldBubbles View Post
    Lol you make a great couple. Dude China opened up years ago. I know people who have been to Urimqi (the land of your ancestors apparently), but you can't even be fucked doing the paperwork to visit the Chinese mainland when you're in HK?
    And "true selves"? Please be serious.
    By doing strictly monitored tours and calling it "opened up" you surely are naive.

There was another reason why I didn't want to go over the border, but I won't discuss it further.

If you read my post properly, my ancestral land isn't in Urumqi. It's the northern part that borders Russia and Mongolia. Most of our ancestral homes have now been turned into museums.

Then again, stick to the topic! This isn't the topic for this thread!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fted View Post
    The Aussie one is optional.
    That should be the way. I know many people who would rather use physical 100 points ID when withdrawing money at the bank. It's safer that way. For those who digitised all their IDs into online databases run a risk of losing everything plus having loans or credit cards drawn without their knowledge.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    By doing strictly monitored tours and calling it "opened up" you surely are naive.

There was another reason why I didn't want to go over the border, but I won't discuss it further.

If you read my post properly, my ancestral land isn't in Urumqi. It's the northern part that borders Russia and Mongolia. Most of our ancestral homes have now been turned into museums.

Then again, stick to the topic! This isn't the topic for this thread!
    People I knew didn't go on monitored tours. You can go all over China independently. It's not north Korea.
    And you brought it up so don't tell me to stick to the topic #gaslight

And for god's sake shut up with the ancestral land shit. 100% bullshit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast