Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: serpentza thoughts

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This is an interesting read, a bunch of Western social media influencers in the pocket of CCP to present the state's narrative.

"..the Chinese government has become more ambitious and sophisticated in its use of influencers to try to manage public opinion at home and abroad."

"That gives the Chinese state power to ward off domestic criticism of its policies and, by highlighting the views of the in-house foreign voices, criticise international responses to Chinese-US competition, COVID-19 and human rights disputes."

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/th...14-p5dgm9.html

Remember the Mack Horton/ Sun Yang incident where Mack called Sun a drug cheat and refused to shake his hand and share the podium with him?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    China is miles behind in the propaganda game. They could learn a thing or two from News Corporation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woodland View Post
    China is miles behind in the propaganda game. They could learn a thing or two from News Corporation.
    I don't think they actually care about outside opinions. It is more of a tool to show its domestic loyalists that it is doing something to rival Western powers the same way North Korea is threatening to launch dud missiles that was built back during the Korean war. Many young Chinese citizens know what's going on, that's why they were participating in the "lying flat" protest.

Banned
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjnkOsDAAfo

Nixon was right about the Chinese - it's not propaganda they're infatuated with but rather the security of their country. This is why Deng Xiaoping had to move away from Mao's ideology of hard right in order to find stability for the Chinese people in general.

If we were to place Xi Jinping in this situation - he is using scare tactics in his propaganda machine as a way to increase China's security. Because his fears is that Taiwan is a massive overseas proxy naval base for the USA thanks to the current base in Okinawa, Central Asia (Uzbekistan), Philippines and Australia. Xinjiang's threat was due to an Islamist terrorist attack back in the 90s to gain independence and reuse the old name "East Turkestan" after the fall of the Qing Dynasty.

All the ruse about eradicating poverty, spending billions on highspeed trains and building multimillion dollar ghost cities is basically to put the Western guard up just in case they decide to intrude China's territory "piece by piece". It's basically nonsensical fears driven by the need to impress its citizens that they don't need to migrate overseas in droves because China has "everything" that the West does.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    This thread should be renamed "shit stirring thread", lol....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    This thread should be renamed "shit stirring thread", lol....
    Certain people like shit stirring because it makes them less lonely. Then there's a tiny portion of them who stir shit just to find an excuse to talk to certain people without looking obvious.

But in the end, shit stirring people's ethnicities never ends well. Respectful shit stirring can only happen if people stay away from topics that are commonly known to be sensitive to a large group of people. That's always a "no go" area. Sometimes it's useful to Google up list of topics you shouldn't stir up in a conversation. In this case, discussing China and YT bloggers is fine as long as it doesn't poke into the wrong hole.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by begov94 View Post
    Certain people like shit stirring because it makes them less lonely. Then there's a tiny portion of them who stir shit just to find an excuse to talk to certain people without looking obvious.

But in the end, shit stirring people's ethnicities never ends well. Respectful shit stirring can only happen if people stay away from topics that are commonly known to be sensitive to a large group of people. That's always a "no go" area. Sometimes it's useful to Google up list of topics you shouldn't stir up in a conversation. In this case, discussing China and YT bloggers is fine as long as it doesn't poke into the wrong hole.
    Would you ever fuck a female rugby player?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy1 View Post
    Would you ever fuck a female rugby player?
    Oh yes definitely, if they look like some of the ones in the link:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/pics/pic...letes-18761314

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I used to follow serpentza and laowhy a lot (moreso serpentza) from the time they made travel videos in China up until recently.

Whilst I do question their motives (I don't believe it's as pure as they claim, I sense there's a lot of saltiness for being kicked out) I find them quite entertaining and informative. A lot of what they say are true and backed up with proof.

Their main point is that the CCP is corrupt and aren't doing what's best for the people - no surprise there. But this really isn't talked about much and that's part of what they're trying to achieve.

There's also a lot of human rights abuse going on especially with the Uyghurs and I for one welcome them shedding light onto the issue.

The only criticism I have about them is sometimes they can come off as mocking China or Chinese people, which CCP defenders interpret as racism. If they just stick to the CCP criticisms then it would be much more free from haters.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by faruk View Post
    I used to follow serpentza and laowhy a lot (moreso serpentza) from the time they made travel videos in China up until recently.

Whilst I do question their motives (I don't believe it's as pure as they claim, I sense there's a lot of saltiness for being kicked out) I find them quite entertaining and informative. A lot of what they say are true and backed up with proof.

Their main point is that the CCP is corrupt and aren't doing what's best for the people - no surprise there. But this really isn't talked about much and that's part of what they're trying to achieve.

There's also a lot of human rights abuse going on especially with the Uyghurs and I for one welcome them shedding light onto the issue.

The only criticism I have about them is sometimes they can come off as mocking China or Chinese people, which CCP defenders interpret as racism. If they just stick to the CCP criticisms then it would be much more free from haters.
    Haters will always be haters. Even if they don't openly criticise the CCP the urban Chinese population will still call them racists. This is a third world mentality common in all third world countries.

Even the famous Chinese YouTube chef Wang Gang almost got cancelled for posting his egg fried rice video on the "wrong day".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...ied-rice-video

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by begov94 View Post
    This is a third world mentality common in all third world countries.
    Why so much hate with the "3rd world mentality" stuff?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woodland View Post
    Why so much hate with the "3rd world mentality" stuff?
    Not hate - just pointing out the obvious as I used to live there and know very well how they think. Whenever I meet first generation Filipinos, Malaysians, Vietnamese etc it helps me to rethink my approach when talking to them so that I don't offend them. I understand not all first generations are here voluntarily but they just can't shake off past habits. That's how I get along with some Chinese friends as well although we may have different opinions on the CCP government.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12