Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: taking breaks

Senior Member(無間使者)

taking breaks

Has anyone else thought to take a break from this glorious hobby? If so what are good windows to abstain with? Like gone week then two then three? I'm thinking of lowering my frequency cause quitting at ten days in I already am eyeballing places. Lol. My friend before suggested Onslow down the frequency and increase the value of the provider.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cplurt2 View Post
    Has anyone else thought to take a break from this glorious hobby? If so what are good windows to abstain with? Like gone week then two then three? I'm thinking of lowering my frequency cause quitting at ten days in I already am eyeballing places. Lol. My friend before suggested Onslow down the frequency and increase the value of the provider.
    The only time you take a break is when your wallet is getting thinner because of the price gouging.

Then when you found yourself a gf or wife you want to consider "retiring".

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I did a 30 day break last year because I found myself on this forum and shop websites during work hours. Being constantly jazzed about a potential punt was beginning to become an addictive behaviour as well as affecting my ability to do my work. So I did a thirty day reset, no punts, no forum during business hours, I messaged my two regular shops to say I was out of town for a month. I did my best to be busy with other things.

I view pausing your vices as a constructive thing to do from time to time. I love whiskey too but if it was affecting my ability to work or pay my mortgage then I'd do the same thing. 30-60 days is a good amount of time for a reset. 7 days is barely a challenge.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by begov94 View Post
    The only time you take a break is when your wallet is getting thinner because of the price gouging.

Then when you found yourself a gf or wife you want to consider "retiring".
    A punter is always a punter never retire.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    A punter is always a punter never retire.
    You do know that there are people aiming to settle down, have kids and bang only their wife rather than bang every hole they see?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I find the more I punt, the more inclined I am to punt more. If I take a break, it's easier to forget about it and not be tempted. As for taking a break, try cutting up your bank card that withdraws cash. Makes it harder to get cash to pay for extras.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    This sounds a lot like the concept of intermittent fasting....perhaps intermittent punting for lack of a better word

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I haven’t punted for months. I would go as far as say that I have retired but I got busy and not around the places I used to punt. It has also gotten harder and harder to see my SBs so I don’t actually remember last time I punted. Not missing it but I think I will be back eventually

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    You do know that there are people aiming to settle down, have kids and bang only their wife rather than bang every hole they see?
    Oh you think after settling down you be come a good boy. Dream on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Oh you think after settling down you be come a good boy. Dream on.
    Who the eff are you?

Go play with your balls elsewhere.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Who the eff are you?

Go play with your balls elsewhere.
    You come to this forum we all have our balls play. O Sensitive.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Thought about it? Done it, bro. Went 6 + 3 months in a row last year without a single punt. The thing to do is don't keep telling yourself that you're addicted to it.

Very difficult to become addicted to punting. If this thing was really so addictive, nobody would be writing bad reviews. The fact that we can say "it was a bad sesh" means we still have our wits around us when we do this. That's not a symptom of addiction.

Put that against something that is truly addictive, like gambling. An addicted gambler would never say "that pokie game sucks, it took all my money. I rate it 2/10". They would say "I'll have better luck in the next punt".

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I mentioned this was a theme in the 2024 punting resolution thread. I'm planning on cutting down as well. Go for a legit place that does TT only. E.g. chatswood vitality. There are also a few RnT unicorns that do a pro level pt1. They are rostered so few days and popular that also acts as a brake on punting

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Put that against something that is truly addictive, like gambling. An addicted gambler would never say "that pokie game sucks, it took all my money. I rate it 2/10". They would say "I'll have better luck in the next punt".
    TBH I've heard of myths spunned by pokie addicts about certain machines that "always pays out" and certain machines that "never pays out". Every pokie addicts are on the hunt to find the machine that pays out so that they can sit there and get unlimited free spins all day.

The ones that say "I'll have better luck next time" are the ones who bet on live games - horses, greyhounds, NRL, AFL, cricket etc.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Begov you remind me of cute guy, but a slightly more aggressive one.

Don’t know about you guys, but sometimes after a punt I feel a certain emptiness sink in.
    That feeling puts me off punting for a day or two. Then I feel horny again, and the pattern continues.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woodland View Post
    You mean from this old post?

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    cuteguy
    pros He's nice, gentle, calm, easy going...
    cons I don't think he's cute tho
    I didn't even have an account back then.

It's feeling really sussed. I know who's who most of the time when they post. Are you that bored while you're travelling the world with your newfound love?

Please post about your Paris trip ASAP. My last trip there was back in 1991 with my late father. We went up the Eiffel Tower and Disneyland. Those days it was so clean, recently I heard it's becoming a dump.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woodland View Post

Don’t know about you guys, but sometimes after a punt I feel a certain emptiness sink in.
    That feeling puts me off punting for a day or two. Then I feel horny again, and the pattern continues.
    Cuteguy is definetly more of a wanker than Begov. Cuteguy has the ability to put sentence after sentence together with no value derived good or bad. Begov is a weirdo but interesting.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy1 View Post
    Cuteguy is definetly more of a wanker than Begov. Cuteguy has the ability to put sentence after sentence together with no value derived good or bad. Begov is a weirdo but interesting.
    I gotta admit, that description of cuteguy is pretty spot on, lol!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy1 View Post
    When was cuteguy last banned again? Because it seems that some people remember details about "him" as if he still existed yesterday.

Banned
    When was cuteguy last banned again? Because it seems that some people remember details about "him" as if he still existed yesterday.
    I didnt even know he was banned. What would he have done to get banned as he never says anything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast