Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taiwan intel

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickyon View Post
    To actually help the Op lol

In my four years in Taipei, by far the best choice I made was signing up for seeking.

The sugar baby scene is pretty active there and seeking was the best English speaking site. Going rate is 5000twd or 250ish AUD for an overnight. Up yourself to 10000/500aud and you get some real model level talent.

Love hotels are a thing too and are pretty cheap with most coming in under 100 AUD a night. Had some real fun times there
    Thanks mate, did you try wechat search? Just wondering if that could be effective as well.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    To actually help the Op lol

In my four years in Taipei, by far the best choice I made was signing up for seeking.

The sugar baby scene is pretty active there and seeking was the best English speaking site. Going rate is 5000twd or 250ish AUD for an overnight. Up yourself to 10000/500aud and you get some real model level talent.

Love hotels are a thing too and are pretty cheap with most coming in under 100 AUD a night. Had some real fun times there
    Lol.... You must be dreaming with those prices. Haha

Hilariously funny.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by dace_t2000 View Post
    Thanks mate, did you try wechat search? Just wondering if that could be effective as well.
    Nah WeChat search is next to useless because most Taiwanese people use LINE

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_lee View Post
    Lol.... You must be dreaming with those prices. Haha

Hilariously funny.
    Nah. 2018-2022, lived in Taiwan and that's the prices I usually paid for SBs, especially for international students, younger Taiwanese and factory workers. Way cheaper than tea houses or KTV. What makes you say otherwise

Junior Member(有D料到)
    [QUOTE=Rickyon;2927558]Nah WeChat search is next to useless because most Taiwanese people use LINE

Of course, wechat could be blocked for security purposes as well. I will get my LINE account up and running. Thanks for tips.

One more q, any suggestions for gweilo friendly bars / clubs?

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Nah WeChat search is next to useless because most Taiwanese people use LINE

Nah. 2018-2022, lived in Taiwan and that's the prices I usually paid for SBs, especially for international students, younger Taiwanese and factory workers. Way cheaper than tea houses or KTV. What makes you say otherwise
    He must've gone for tea houses and KTVs, lol...

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    WeChat use in Taiwan ?
    Is that like chickens using the KFC app?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by dace_t2000 View Post

Of course, wechat could be blocked for security purposes as well. I will get my LINE account up and running. Thanks for tips.

One more q, any suggestions for gweilo friendly bars / clubs?
    Nah Wechat works, just distrust in Chinese apps from Taiwanese people. Just like Frisson said haha. LINE is king.

Brass Monkey, On Tap, and Revolver, the golden trio of pick up bars for foreigners/tourists in Taipei. But, if you want an actual good feed and good craft beer, go to Taihu near Zhongxiao Fuxing MRT

P.S Gweilo is Cantonese, use Waiguoren from the Mandarin speaking Taiwanese haha

Nah Wechat works, just distrust in Chinese apps from Taiwanese people. Just like Frisson said haha. LINE is king.

Brass Monkey, On Tap, and Revolver, the golden trio of pick up bars for foreigners/tourists in Taipei. But, if you want an actual good feed and good craft beer, go to Taihu near Zhongxiao Fuxing MRT

P.S Gweilo is Cantonese, use Waiguoren from the Mandarin speaking Taiwanese haha
    They usually say Laowai in Mando.

Gweilo works in Mando too. You say it as Gwailao instead and with a slightly different intonation. They will understand it.

In both cases, you save yourself one syllable, lol...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Sweet, thanks for the tips felas. Need to get my basic mando upto speed!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    WeChat use in Taiwan ?
    Is that like chickens using the KFC app?
    Have no doubt

If you have WeChat on your phone, the WeChat has definitely 'phoned home'
    At the very least it has downloaded all the names and contact details you have in the phone contact list
    If you are lucky it has left all your other data untouched
    I bet there is a setting, let's just say if you are a nuisance to a certain government, that totally unlocks your phone and downloads everything

TikTok is harvesting a lot of data as well

Banned
    When in Taiwan you should try ordering crab hotpot in Japanese "Kani Nabe" and Tori Paitan in Mandarin "Ji Bai Tang" loudly in a restaurant.

Put together it would sound like "Kanina be Ji Bai!" which is understood mostly by older generation Taiwanese who's parents or themselves all came from Fujian Province across the straits.

Quote Originally Posted by peripel View Post
    When in Taiwan you should try ordering crab hotpot in Japanese "Kani Nabe" and Tori Paitan in Mandarin "Ji Bai Tang" loudly in a restaurant.

Put together it would sound like "Kanina be Ji Bai!" which is understood mostly by older generation Taiwanese who's parents or themselves all came from Fujian Province across the straits.
    And how long did it take you to dig that up from Google, my young friend?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    And how long did it take you to dig that up from Google, my young friend?
    About 25 years. I believe it was from Yahoo! or AOL search engine as Google hasn't existed back then.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    in Taiwan, the cheapest is Vietnamese, Indonesia, about 2300nt/40min or 3000nt/60mins, fs
    go for vietnamese, cheaper than here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12