Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: People with partners, how often do you punt?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    once a fortnight is where my budget stretches. Please let me know where to start to get into trading!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jenlai29 View Post
    once a fortnight is where my budget stretches. Please let me know where to start to get into trading!
    Day trading requires a lot of analytical skills to predict trends. The only downside to day trading is brokerage fees and CGT. If you're trading using $100k then maybe your profits will cover the brokerage fees but when July comes the taxman will have a field day sucking your blood. I suggest negative gearing through taking up an investment loan as the interest repayment can be used as tax deductions.

Then again if you're a newbie at day trading I suggest don't get into day trading just yet. If you make the wrong move you might end up insolvent and not getting your dick wet at all.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfish View Post
    Day trading requires a lot of analytical skills to predict trends. The only downside to day trading is brokerage fees and CGT. If you're trading using $100k then maybe your profits will cover the brokerage fees but when July comes the taxman will have a field day sucking your blood. I suggest negative gearing through taking up an investment loan as the interest repayment can be used as tax deductions.

Then again if you're a newbie at day trading I suggest don't get into day trading just yet. If you make the wrong move you might end up insolvent and not getting your dick wet at all.
    Agree with your comments generally silverfish, although I think the previous poster was referring to copy trading and yes, you can easily do your $$s with that approach, but you piggyback on the analysis and research of a known trader.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Abracadabra View Post
    Agree with your comments generally silverfish, although I think the previous poster was referring to copy trading and yes, you can easily do your $$s with that approach, but you piggyback on the analysis and research of a known trader.
    As long as they're not taking advice from the Motley Fool. I lost thousands in the past listening to their advice on the best companies to invest in. Basically parked $20k on Village Roadshow who owned "Wet n Wild" in Blacktown plus several other theme parks in GC and Fox Studios, as soon as I became a minor shareholder the share prices dwindled and I lost half the value after 12 months. Had to sell at a significant loss and a few years later Village Roadshow dissolved. From then onwards no more Motley Fool for me.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    As long as they're not taking advice from the Motley Fool. I lost thousands in the past listening to their advice on the best companies to invest in. Basically parked $20k on Village Roadshow who owned "Wet n Wild" in Blacktown plus several other theme parks in GC and Fox Studios, as soon as I became a minor shareholder the share prices dwindled and I lost half the value after 12 months. Had to sell at a significant loss and a few years later Village Roadshow dissolved. From then onwards no more Motley Fool for me.
    FMD, sorry to hear that!

I get the Motley Fool daily emails but have never signed up.

Junior Member(有D料到)

Thank you for your comments Silverfish! It seems like day trading requires a lot of time and learned skills from experience. I guess I will have to stick to budgeting my personal income for the time being!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Buy US technology stocks that generate real products like Tesla, not rubbish firms like village roadshow

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woodland View Post
    Buy US technology stocks that generate real products like Tesla, not rubbish firms like village roadshow
    When you're a newbie in investing you tend to listen to "advice" from so called pros. This is why copy trading can be dangerous. It's like people listening to Kevin O'Leary to buy FTX and when shit hits the fan Kevin doesn't even take responsibility for the number of people whose money was lost in that scam.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    As long as money will allow. Last month was thrice - pushing it

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPB View Post
    How do you guys hide any trace on you that you've been with another woman?
    * Pay cash
    * Punt mid morning/lunchtime
    * Park 5 minute walk away from W/L address or take public transport.
    * Don't bring any sort of wallet which contains i.d with you. Leave no trace, you may leave your wallet there, it may be stolen or you may drop it on the way/way out of the punt. You wouldn't like to explain what you were doing there right?
    * Wear dark pants, dark top, cap & even mask if you like. This helps for any stains from W/L or from her place aren't as visible on you in case that happens.
    * Use the W/L shower afterwards but DO NOT use any of their products on your hair & body. Use the hot water everywhere, mouth, cock,balls, arsehole & under arms.
    * Don't go home straight away freshly showered FFS. The walk back to your car will help your body be less clean.
    * By the time you go home later in the day it will seem like just another day at work in how you feel, how you look & how you smell.

Good luck.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by jenlai29 View Post
    Thank you for your comments Silverfish! It seems like day trading requires a lot of time and learned skills from experience. I guess I will have to stick to budgeting my personal income for the time being!
    Yeah, thanks for the comments guys.

I have been dabbling in the stock market for quite a few years now & while I do seek out info from various sources, I have narrowed it all down to just one independent mob, who have some good people there. I also spend quite a bit of time doing my own research. Anyone who says they have never lost money in share trading is bulls*itting you. I just put it down to "school fees" - learn from it and move on. I have had my fair share of very good "wins", but very wary of going all in too...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Once or twice a week

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Was a couple of times a week until I got caught. Now a fortnightly gym workout

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_10 View Post
    Was a couple of times a week until I got caught. Now a fortnightly gym workout
    How'd you get caught? What happened afterwards?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    People with partners, how often do you punt?

I think the honest answer is "as often as it is financially viable". No one with spare cash to burn will deliberately reduce their punting adventures.
    And judging by many answers here, it seems that in the current economic climate, punting is affordable only once a month/4 weeks....

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Still do once a week. Addicted to punting

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Once a week generally, but try to limot it now, need to put more money on investment.

Long term investment for me, ETF and some good bet on micro share. So far in my 7 years of trading i think i beat the market, generally. Now put most of it to properties and blue chip (MQG, CBA).

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewv View Post
    People with partners, how often do you punt?

I think the honest answer is "as often as it is financially viable". No one with spare cash to burn will deliberately reduce their punting adventures.
    And judging by many answers here, it seems that in the current economic climate, punting is affordable only once a month/4 weeks....
    On the money there! *pun intended

Junior Member(有D料到)
    love this! hahaha

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Every time wife is away for work!! I try to cram as much in as possible before their return.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast