Thread: With the big 200 Million PowerBall jackpot, what happens to those unfold syndicates?

With the big 200 Million PowerBall jackpot, what happens to those unfold syndicates?

As per title, spent over a hundred dollars buying some system power hit syndicates tickets for tonight’s PowerBall.

This ticket has 100 shares and when I paid. Still has 40+ shares available, I doubt the news agent can sell them all tonight with only hours to go.

So what happens to the unsold tickets ? Does the lottery office keep them all and becomes the biggest PowerBall player/gambler ?

Any one know?

Please enlighten

Good luck to us all who have invested.

Cheers

Oooops, unsold tickets I meant

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Well, as far as syndicates go, if not all shares are purchased in time for the draw, the syndicate will be cancelled. If the share was bought online, then you will get a refund straight into your online account.
    If bought through a newsagent, you should be able to get a refund when you go check your ticket in-store.

You wouldn't have "won" anything from that ticket because it was never in the draw but you should be able to get a refund.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I’ve always wondered this too

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Well, as far as syndicates go, if not all shares are purchased in time for the draw, the syndicate will be cancelled. If the share was bought online, then you will get a refund straight into your online account.
    If bought through a newsagent, you should be able to get a refund when you go check your ticket in-store.

You wouldn't have "won" anything from that ticket because it was never in the draw but you should be able to get a refund.
    Thanks GM,

Just double checked on line and you are right:

If the other shares in your syndicate session are not sold in time before the draw, your syndicate session will be cancelled. In this case, the cost of the share(s) you have paid will return to your Oz Lotteries account. This will occur shortly after the draw.

Note: If your syndicate session is cancelled, you will receive an email that looks like the one below

Anyway, I have never got a refund from my Syndicates, they must be all sold out every time

Then what benefits will the agency get if they have to refund all the cancellation?

Still wondering 🤔

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I assume the news agency just buys up the remaining tickets themselves?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    you would be spewing if your numbers came up and the ticket was cancelled because they hadn't all sold