Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone get low libido when dieting?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Anyone get low libido when dieting?

I became a fat cunt after being in a relationship for over a year and now that we broke up, I need to lose the weight. I'm one week into my diet and the problem is that I think my normally super high sex drive goes down a lot and as a result, I found punting not that enjoyable at all (feels like I'm burning money for a shitty experience if I punt, no matter how hot the girl is)

I guess this is unavoidable and probably will take a break from punting up until I stopped my diet.

Anyone has the same experiences?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornybastard123 View Post
    I became a fat cunt after being in a relationship for over a year and now that we broke up, I need to lose the weight. I'm one week into my diet and the problem is that I think my normally super high sex drive goes down a lot and as a result, I found punting not that enjoyable at all (feels like I'm burning money for a shitty experience if I punt, no matter how hot the girl is)

I guess this is unavoidable and probably will take a break from punting up until I stopped my diet.

Could be a few things - low self-esteem from the weight gain and acknowledging it by going on a diet.

And probably the calorie deficiency the body is detecting so it could possibly be doing the whole "conserve energy" by killing your sex drive as that uses up alot of energy.

But keep it up man and drink plenty of water and don't quit.

Have a mantra on why your doing this when it gets tough.

Mine is from connor McGregor saying that "if you compete against others you become bitter, but if you compete against yourself, you become better" you doing it for yourself and not to impress others.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBlows View Post
    Could be a few things - low self-esteem from the weight gain and acknowledging it by going on a diet.

And probably the calorie deficiency the body is detecting so it could possibly be doing the whole "conserve energy" by killing your sex drive as that uses up alot of energy.

But keep it up man and drink plenty of water and don't quit.

Have a mantra on why your doing this when it gets tough.

Mine is from connor McGregor saying that "if you compete against others you become bitter, but if you compete against yourself, you become better" you doing it for yourself and not to impress others.
    Thanks, man. Appreciate the good word

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Thanks, man. Appreciate the good word
    All good man, if you are cutting out on meat then take a vitamin B12 supplement as that will help with energy levels

Are you dieting only or you exercising as well?

Junior Member(有D料到)

The data correlates extreme calorie deficiency with vastly lowered testosterone - even in bodybuilders.

A small calorie deficit is healthy, but you might be going too extreme. Another mistake people make is only doing cardio - lift heavy shit.

It's also not just about quantity (how many calories) but quality - where are the calories coming from? fresh meats, veg, fruit, nuts, etc hopefully - certain foods promote testosterone, and others deplete your endogenous production.

It COULD be partly psychological, as another poster has suggested - but my experience is that if you can fix the physiological, the psychological will follow close behind.

Good luck mate.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Not really dieting at the moment but have low libido at the moment. There are some days where I am feeling but over the last few months there has been a definite decline. Got my test checked and apparently it’s within the normal parameters.

Don’t want to hijack the thread but would be interested to know if anyone has felt any benefits from natural supplements?

Senior Member(無間使者)

No need to refer to yourself in that way mate. It happens to many of us. Sometimes you let yourself go and you put on weight. You are taking the steps to drop the weight again. You will feel better for it.

As for the libido. It could be a combination of things. Could be that you are also feeling down about the break up.

Don’t waste your money on punting until you feel better.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny77 View Post
    Not really dieting at the moment but have low libido at the moment. There are some days where I am feeling but over the last few months there has been a definite decline. Got my test checked and apparently it’s within the normal parameters.

Don’t want to hijack the thread but would be interested to know if anyone has felt any benefits from natural supplements?
    How active are you? When I left my job to take a new role I ended up a lot less active. My drive lowered, overall I felt worse, gained 15kgs and lost some confidence.

Recently (December) I’ve started focusing on just getting my 10k steps a day and eating a bit healthier and I’m heaps better. Still have some kgs to shed, but the first step was getting away from the office for walks a few times a day.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukeduker222 View Post
    How active are you? When I left my job to take a new role I ended up a lot less active. My drive lowered, overall I felt worse, gained 15kgs and lost some confidence.

Recently (December) I’ve started focusing on just getting my 10k steps a day and eating a bit healthier and I’m heaps better. Still have some kgs to shed, but the first step was getting away from the office for walks a few times a day.
    Hi Duke,

I am fairly active. I hit the gym a few times a week. I think it could be partially a psychological. I went for an RnT not long ago and didn’t get there with the ML. She was a looker. Not sure if it’s a case of a hand not doing it for me, but it definitely played on my mind a few days later when I went for another Rnt. Same thing happened. I think it might be a combination of psychological and a reduced libido.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Hi Duke,

I am fairly active. I hit the gym a few times a week. I think it could be partially a psychological. I went for an RnT not long ago and didn’t get there with the ML. She was a looker. Not sure if it’s a case of a hand not doing it for me, but it definitely played on my mind a few days later when I went for another Rnt. Same thing happened. I think it might be a combination of psychological and a reduced libido.
    I’ll take a 6/10 that can work a cock over a 10/10 that smashes it with no rhythm any day.

We’ve all had those experiences brother, take a bit of a break and come back strong. It sounds like your mental got shook a bit, I’m sure you’ll be right!

Junior Member(有D料到)

This is a very commonly discussed topic within the fitness community - there's a number of problems with the basic (GP assigned) testosterone check.

1/ Most common methodologies only measure "total testosterone" (completely irrelevant without context) - you need to know your free testosterone, SHBG, etc to understand how much test your body actually has access to. One of the recommended methodologies is liquid chromatography - but if you're serious about getting a good measure, see an endocrinologist.
    2/ "Normal parameters" are bullshit - based on age/standard deviations etc. Doctors don't want you "optimal" - that's the problem, they just want you in the "normal" range.

There are many factors that can cause a reduction in your testosterone - some are really obvious (lack of sleep) and some are less obvious (lack of confidence because of a life-altering event, like a partner leaving you)

Some reductions can also be (very) short-term - all important things to bare in mind.

To answer your question, supplements like Ashwaghanda, Tongkat Ali etc have been shown to help a little - but they won't take your levels from bad to good. There are however other remedies that can (and I'm not necessarily referring to TRT or injections) - if you're seriously concerned, see an endocrinologist with a referral from your GP.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukeduker222 View Post
    I’ll take a 6/10 that can work a cock over a 10/10 that smashes it with no rhythm any day.

We’ve all had those experiences brother, take a bit of a break and come back strong. It sounds like your mental got shook a bit, I’m sure you’ll be right!
    Thanks mate. Appreciate it.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbies4Lyf View Post
    This is a very commonly discussed topic within the fitness community - there's a number of problems with the basic (GP assigned) testosterone check.

1/ Most common methodologies only measure "total testosterone" (completely irrelevant without context) - you need to know your free testosterone, SHBG, etc to understand how much test your body actually has access to. One of the recommended methodologies is liquid chromatography - but if you're serious about getting a good measure, see an endocrinologist.
    2/ "Normal parameters" are bullshit - based on age/standard deviations etc. Doctors don't want you "optimal" - that's the problem, they just want you in the "normal" range.

There are many factors that can cause a reduction in your testosterone - some are really obvious (lack of sleep) and some are less obvious (lack of confidence because of a life-altering event, like a partner leaving you)

Some reductions can also be (very) short-term - all important things to bare in mind.

To answer your question, supplements like Ashwaghanda, Tongkat Ali etc have been shown to help a little - but they won't take your levels from bad to good. There are however other remedies that can (and I'm not necessarily referring to TRT or injections) - if you're seriously concerned, see an endocrinologist with a referral from your GP.
    Stubbies,

That makes a lot of sense. I was doing some research post results and read about the importance of free testosterone. That wasn’t tested. Ask read about Tongkat and ashwanda.

If things don’t improve I’ll go see an endo.

Thanks for the advice.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If you're taking any dietary supplements they can wreck it. Ozempic and some of the diet pills out there do as well. Do a look at what you're putting in you body

Banned
    If you're on a vegetarian or vegan diet then yes you will lose your libido. Keto is fine.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by BearOrigin View Post
    If you're on a vegetarian or vegan diet then yes you will lose your libido. Keto is fine.
    This is where you have to take vitamin B12 as it's important for energy levels and you nearly get all of that from meat.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Sounds like you're missing something essential. Iron, B12, maybe even Zinc? Your diet should include everything, even if you're trying to reduce total calories. Proteins and good fats to begin with, then slow or low carbs like bean, lentils or legumes.

You could try Tongkat Ali if you want a libido booster, but I find it also raises my agitation and anxiety levels. YMMV

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keebab View Post
    Sounds like you're missing something essential. Iron, B12, maybe even Zinc? Your diet should include everything, even if you're trying to reduce total calories. Proteins and good fats to begin with, then slow or low carbs like bean, lentils or legumes.

You could try Tongkat Ali if you want a libido booster, but I find it also raises my agitation and anxiety levels. YMMV
    I'd stay away from Tongkat Ali in this heatwave. You're right, the increase in anxiety and agitation along with body heat elevation are the reasons why Tongkat Ali is not suitable for everyone. Even in Southeast Asia, products marketed with Tongkat Ali as an active ingredient normally contains miniscule amount because a higher amount of Tongkat Ali can be quite detrimental to some.

Banned
    Dieting shouldn’t be a phase you go through.

Focus on a permanent healthy lifestyle and changes will happen over time without you even knowing it. There is no instant solution, everything takes time.

What I do:

Fasting for 18 hrs a day minimum, no sugar, zero carbs, nothing white, as much protein as you can eat and vitamins, zinc, magnesium, C and E. Lost 20kg from a fit 105kg down to a super lean 85kg which is where I sit at present with no extra exercise and no headaches either, except for this forum.

No test issues and daily morning wood. I won’t talk about the sex as it gets a negative reaction on this forum.

Perhaps you should try fasting?

There’s a lot of info on YouTube to motivate you.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by BearOrigin View Post
    Do your research and you will find it is the opposite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast