Thread: Year of the Dragon luxury watches

Banned

Year of the Dragon luxury watches

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I'm a long time collector.

There was a time when Basel-World (annual watch exhibition now called Watches & Wonders) used to be the only time per year where all the major brands did their releases for the year.

Now, we have new stuff coming out every week and every occasion/holiday/etc being celebrated with special edition watches.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MDPorto View Post
    I'm a long time collector.

There was a time when Basel-World (annual watch exhibition now called Watches & Wonders) used to be the only time per year where all the major brands did their releases for the year.

Now, we have new stuff coming out every week and every occasion/holiday/etc being celebrated with special edition watches.
    I don't mind them producing new watches every season as long as they're not one of those plastic Omega x Swatch crap. People are duped into thinking those watches will hold their value and start scalping them online. Quality watches are expensive only because they're made by artisan watchmakers not factory robotics. Those watchmakers also need to feed their families so it's good that they're not making people wait too long for a new collection as not all collectors will collect every single timepieces unless it appeals to them.