Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Super Fund are you in or recommend? Just General Talk not Financial Advice

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by priapus1966 View Post
    tkicks knows what he is talking about. You have amply illustrated over 3 posts that you haven't a clue.
    Okay smart pants. You win. IYKYK

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Hands up those who have a AFS licence to give financial advice? It a jailable offense if case you don't know.

I hear so much non-sense here, financial illiterate tell others how to invest and all.

To the owner of this post. If you log in to the ATO portal > Super > Information > YourSuper Comparison. It will give the answer to the exact question which you have asked. You are welcome :-)

Junior Member(有D料到)

Super

Quote Originally Posted by BearOrigin View Post
    Okay smart pants. You win. IYKYK
    Www3 may crash super

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by BearOrigin View Post
    Back at you. Just looked at legal super's 11 investment options + DIO in their PDS, none specified gold or any commodity as an investment option.

If you want to invest in gold and other commodities you have to do it through an SMSF, and there's many legal red tapes in using super to invest in gold.
    Re legal super....select the DIO option which leaves you able to do your own asset allocation from a menu of ASX listed stocks and ETFs....there is a gold bullion tracker ETF listed on ASX the ticker code is NUGG. Or just buy shares in a gold mining company ike Newcrest to get the exposure you seek

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kingqxxx View Post
    Hands up those who have a AFS licence to give financial advice? It a jailable offense if case you don't know.
    It's a jailable offence if you pose as a licenced financial adviser selling financial management products that handles clients money directly and causing monetary losses as a result of your advice. I've done the diploma in financial planning years ago but dropped out just before taking the final exam because I finally got a job in the profession I studied for before that, and I didn't like FP career because most FPs in Australia are dodgy anyways.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tkicks View Post
    Re legal super....select the DIO option which leaves you able to do your own asset allocation from a menu of ASX listed stocks and ETFs....there is a gold bullion tracker ETF listed on ASX the ticker code is NUGG. Or just buy shares in a gold mining company ike Newcrest to get the exposure you seek
    Good for newbies in commodities, but you can't convert your holdings into physical gold on demand. If you invest through bullion trading companies like ABC Bullion or Perth Mint you can have it on paper and transfer it to physical gold bullions for a fee.

I have a simple question :

The share market at the moment is quite high, so is the interest rates while the property market /including rental is also bullish. So why is the Super Not doing better ?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingqxxx View Post

I hear so much non-sense here, financial illiterate tell others how to invest and all.

To the owner of this post. If you log in to the ATO protal > Super > Information > YourSuper Comparison. It will give the answer to the exact question which you have ask. You are welcome :-)

Chill out bro, I get all my financial, health, medical, relationship, legal, political, and technological advice and expertise from this place and it costs me nothing! Without it I'm fucked!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    I have a simple question :

The share market at the moment is quite high, so is the interest rates while the property market /including rental is also bullish. So why is the Super Not doing better ?
    Partly because Hong-Kong and shanghai stock are dropping especially if your super are exposed to international investment. Exposed to commercial property.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    We all fucker here are all expert in every things that fine with me. Good to see how others pussy fucker thinks. Some are good info and some bad so buyer beware just like any other thing especially in this sex forum.
    Last edited by Climax598; 15-02-2024 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Edit

Banned
    Well, experience alone can sometimes translate into good advice. Like a newlywed bride learning how to be a good wife, she either has to learn from other seasoned housewives or through trial and error. If learning through trial and error she has to be open minded and not stubborn otherwise the marriage will not last.

But with both education and experience combined, your choices are much more informed rather than just relying on words of advice alone. Again like that newlywed bride simile, if she wants to keep her husband she has to be open minded towards making the husband want to go home first thing after work - warm meals, clean clothes and naked funtime in exchange for the hubby doing the dishes and giving the wifey a backrub (and his income).

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    Chill out bro, I get all my financial, health, medical, relationship, legal, political, and technological advice and expertise from this place and it costs me nothing! Without it I'm fucked!
    Yea i know right. haha

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    SMSF - Commerical properties in NSW, VIC, SA and WA.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    If you all read about Warren Buffett and other value investors, you'd know this: Over 95% of fund managers fail to beat the market over the long run

They're all marketing gimmicks, screaming over high-performing funds that won over the short term and 5 star Canstar rated. When a fund underperforms over the long run, it's replaced by a new fund.
    Yet fund managers charge 1% for their fee + buy/sell spread costs + other fees. Fund managers get paid regardless while you lose money.

1% sound tiny? It'll compound and cost you 60-70% of your return.

Look for low-cost index fund, eg HostPlus Balanced Index Fund, 0.04% fee with no other fee (now your 1% fee + other fees sounds expensive).

Or Vanguard Lifestyle super is ok, it's 0.58% fee if I remember correctly.

Banned
    Fugazi

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Not giving advise at all, just stating what works for me and that's SMSF. I do my homework and decide what I need to buy and sell.
    I've split my portfolio into shares, capitol notes, health, aviation, technology, gold, building and cash. And it works for me.

And if WW3 comes along like Jackk eluded to above then my robotics, batteries and semi conductors stock should skyrocket.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Banned
    Going slightly off topic, I find using Zip pay or After pay while you're earning interest in your savings account the smartest thing to do.

I started using Zip to pay for bulk laser hair removal sessions initially. Zip charges $9.95 monthly regardless of balance owed. I didn't use Zip because I had zero money in savings, I use Zip because I didn't want to spend a chunk of my savings.

My savings is kept in a 4.9% p.a. interest rate account. With the amount I have right now I'm making roughly $100 per month. $10 is all I need to pay Zip for their servicing fee, and minimum repayments is $40 monthly. So instead of using my capital to pay off my debt, I use my interest earnings to repay it. On top of that I keep topping up my savings so that my interest earnings increases which allows me to buy more stuff using Zip in the future.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Salary sacrifice for super or novated leasing is a no brainer. Cash purchases will always be king but most people don't have cash sitting around to buy a vehicle outright and if I had that money sitting around, I'd put it in a mortgage where the return over the life of the loan is far greater.

Novated leasing is a finance product BUT to the earlier comment where the price is inflated, this is BS and you were sold on BS add-ons. Have those removed or provide your own negotiated quote. You then finance the vehicle ex GST and pay off over 1-5 years with a balloon payment at lease end that includes GST. The ATO determine the balloon and they use conservative rates.

Find a good car upfront (Demo is usually best value), lease for the shortest term possible and then sell. Make sure the car holds its value, don't buy a shitty brand. When you sell, any profit above the balloon is yours to keep tax free.

If you can afford to lease a 1-2 cars every 12 months and flip the cars, you can make an extra 15-20k income tax free per annum.

All of the running costs and finance payments come out pre-tax. The more you drive, the more you save. Those running costs are washed up at the end so you only pay for what you have consumed during the lease.

Where this product is not beneficial is when you buy a very expensive vehicle and don't drive it. Less travel = less running costs = less pre-tax deduction. Because the vehicle is expensive, the FBT you have to pay out of post-tax contributions is skewed when compared to the pre-tax deduction.

In short, it's a great tool for additional income if you pick the right cars, can afford to do so and don't buy above your means.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I went from rest super to Hesta.
    I notice rest wasn't doing anything for me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1inchguy View Post
    I went from rest super to Hesta.
    I notice rest wasn't doing anything for me.
    Unless you have the app, the default option for Rest is "core strategy" which is minimal risk but with minimal returns as well. You can change your investment option with the app to get better returns when market is bullish and change back to core strategy when market is bearish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast