Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The phenomenon of South Asian (Indian/Pakistani) men getting rejected by ML/WL....

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    You make a valid point!

In terms of erasing generational caste systems and deeply ingrained ethno-cultural norms, the concept of 'uprooting and replanting' a tree generally does fuck all to the gene of the species (the recent issues involving FOB immigration in QLD and VIC is a classic example).

However, if we introduce 'tree grafting' ie mixing different botanical species then you start producing a different species altogether; so cultural grafting (for lack of a better term) will the erase the caste system but it will take several generations of grafting for change to occur.
    Lol that's like the Aboriginal lost generation where they took them away and bred them with the whites to slowly remove their indigenous genes.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    You make a valid point!

In terms of erasing generational caste systems and deeply ingrained ethno-cultural norms, the concept of 'uprooting and replanting' a tree generally does fuck all to the gene of the species (the recent issues involving FOB immigration in QLD and VIC is a classic example).

However, if we introduce 'tree grafting' ie mixing different botanical species then you start producing a different species altogether; so cultural grafting (for lack of a better term) will the erase the caste system but it will take several generations of grafting for change to occur.
    But it's not a valid analogy though. Caste systems and social structures are nurture outcomes rather than nature determinants aren't they. So once other the nurture elements dominate

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Personal freshness

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Chalk one more point up for the Indians:
    https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...13-p5fc5k.html

"Police describe the man as being of Indian appearance, aged between 65 and 70 and of a large build."...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I have had many Indian employees in IT and I have found that body odour was and is a problem.
    One in particular I had to address the issue due to many complaints. He wore the same clothes everyday.
    He confessed it could be the case because he would hang out his shirt and pants out every night and re wear it.. Now I was shocked and told him to buy new clothes and shower daily. Things approved from then on.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by colin.oscopy View Post
    I have had many Indian employees in IT and I have found that body odour was and is a problem.
    One in particular I had to address the issue due to many complaints. He wore the same clothes everyday.
    He confessed it could be the case because he would hang out his shirt and pants out every night and re wear it.. Now I was shocked and told him to buy new clothes and shower daily. Things approved from then on.
    ln a situation like that could he have gone down the road of " being offended" and caused trouble for you?Nowadays it's a fine line with all that.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman123 View Post
    ln a situation like that could he have gone down the road of " being offended" and caused trouble for you?Nowadays it's a fine line with all that.
    Yeah, can't argue with that!

If the Indian or Pakistani bloke stinks like a council tip then technically you can't tell 'em to take a shower, wear deodorant and put on a clean set of clothes. Written warnings, performance improvement plans, 360 feedback HR complaints etc does fuck all as some will cite medical conditions. It's fucked.... I know.
    IR and HR workplace laws are weak or vague in this regard and generally focus on the health, wellbeing and safety of employees rather than on personal hyegene. With PC running rampant in large corporates these dudes generally sneak under, fall into, or get lumped into the diversity and inclusion (DI) bucket so they become somewhat untouchable.

Although the food handling, beauty and perfume industries seem to navigate around this problem without repercussions.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Yeah, can't argue with that!

If the Indian or Pakistani bloke stinks like a council tip then technically you can't tell 'em to take a shower, wear deodorant and put on a clean set of clothes. Written warnings, performance improvement plans, 360 feedback HR complaints etc does fuck all as some will cite medical conditions. It's fucked.... I know.
    IR and HR workplace laws are weak or vague in this regard and generally focus on the health, wellbeing and safety of employees rather than on personal hyegene. With PC running rampant in large corporates these dudes generally sneak under, fall into, or get lumped into the diversity and inclusion (DI) bucket so they become somewhat untouchable.

Although the food handling, beauty and perfume industries seem to navigate around this problem without repercussions.
    We have a large and varied workforce where I'm at with a well equipped lunch room. The "said"race here use the sink area for cleaning of teeth and for fucks sake snotting in, despite polite signage to the contrary. The rest of us have given up on management enforcing it after constantly being told that we have to understand. Whilst we're on the subject I'm going to add reluctantly that the amount of times cleaners are called to the bathrooms to fix a mess that can only be made by squatting on the seat and then left as is happens much too often to be an "unfortunate" accident. Sorry all for the description during what is our lunch times.

We have a large and varied workforce where I'm at with a well equipped lunch room. The "said"race here use the sink area for cleaning of teeth and for fucks sake snotting in, despite polite signage to the contrary. The rest of us have given up on management enforcing it after constantly being told that we have to understand. Whilst we're on the subject I'm going to add reluctantly that the amount of times cleaners are called to the bathrooms to fix a mess that can only be made by squatting on the seat and then left as is happens much too often to be an "unfortunate" accident. Sorry all for the description during what is our lunch times.
    Mate find a new job

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    May not agree with what he's saying but pls explain why he should move

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Some cultures live and breathe by the squatting practice, it's like a sort of deeply ingrained religious-cultural ethos. Our western toilets are unsuitable for squatting hence the reason for the splatter and carnage that is usually left behind.
    An EHS mate of mine who works for a large L&D multinational company says it's quite common in blue collar workplaces eg factories, manufacturing, warehousing etc. They refer to these blokes as 'phantom squatters' and when the fuckers go incognito mode they are difficult to catch in the act, I mean it's not like you can put a cctv camera inside every cubicle or follow the cunts 24x7. When it happens it becomes a real shit fight for EHS due to public health and slip-hazard safety concerns.

I don’t think it’s cultural, it’s more like economical. In Vietnam in the old days, people living in rural areas, or farming areas, they didn’t even build toilets, they just placed some planks over a small creek or something like that to do their business, and a specie of fish usually clean it up as soon as it drops.

Nowadays, most households have proper toilets. That said, I found it in Japan they still have that in some places, alongside an ultramodern toilet !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    I don’t think it’s cultural, it’s more like economical. In Vietnam in the old days, people living in rural areas, or farming areas, they didn’t even build toilets, they just placed some planks over a small creek or something like that to do their business, and a specie of fish usually clean it up as soon as it drops.

Nowadays, most households have proper toilets. That said, I found it in Japan they still have that in some places, alongside an ultramodern toilet !
    Meanwhile, we've got all the younger generation people "cleaning up" basa fish fillets like it's the best fish out there. So soft and tender is the meat. Go to any Szechuan Chinese restaurant and order a chili fish dish, it's bound to be basa fish.

It's the most disgusting fish you can ever eat. I swore myself off that fish a long time ago!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Meanwhile, we've got all the younger generation people "cleaning up" basa fish fillets like it's the best fish out there. So soft and tender is the meat. Go to any Szechuan Chinese restaurant and order a chili fish dish, it's bound to be basa fish.

It's the most disgusting fish you can ever eat. I swore myself off that fish a long time ago!
    Basa farms are nasty. After viewing a clip of these farms you would think twice before eating that fish.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post

I use to eat it because it was one of the only other protein that's comparable to chicken breast in terms of protein to fat content.

When I was tracking my macros and needed to hit my protein goals and was out of fats to take I'd est basa as a alternative. Easier to get down than the tough chicken breasts.

Agree though. Their breeding is not the best but back then I had to do what I had to do to hit my macros.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post
    I use to eat it because it was one of the only other protein that's comparable to chicken breast in terms of protein to fat content.

When I was tracking my macros and needed to hit my protein goals and was out of fats to take I'd est basa as a alternative. Easier to get down than the tough chicken breasts.

Agree though. Their breeding is not the best but back then I had to do what I had to do to hit my macros.
    It’s also neutral tasting which adds to its appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Meng View Post

Bro, even wild basa is bad. They are exactly what a "bottom feeder" is. They literally live right at the bottom of the water, in the mud, feeding off all the literal shit that drops down to the bottom.

This is exactly why in places where seafood is abundant like island states around SE Asia, people would NEVER eat any species of catfish. They are well known to be bottom feeders and just accumulate junk in their systems. The only time people might think about eating them is when the recipe calls for a particularly oily fish, eg. Grilled catfish with chili.

The first times I ate basa fish fillets was when friends took me to Szechuan restaurants and I ate it not knowing that they were catfish. I thought they tasted really bland and the texture was terrible for a fish. I just wrote it off as cheap fish. Once I knew they were catfish... hell, no way I'm eating that shit!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Interesting how we moved from Indian men being rejected to Basa fish!

Last time I ate Basa was 8-10 years ago and then a friend shared a video from YouTube on those fish farms and that was it. I also read Salmon farms are equally bad and most Salmon sold in supermarkets are being dyed as well! The true color of a wild caught Salmon is very light pink.

Maybe better to replace your seafood intake with a couple of good quality fish oils?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Basa is not a bottom feeder and is high in omega threes and protein. It's a bit bland so best in a curry etc because it soaks up the flavour.
    There has been a campaign from America for years to discredit Vietnamese basa because they also farm it. I wouldn't go by a youtube video.
    Fish is good for you.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Lots of fish are bottom feeders. Lobster, snapper & sardines to name a few.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast