Thread: Have you ever run into a WL?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Have you ever run into a WL?

Not in terms of a date or anything, but just while walking around, at the beach/shops etc?

Ever with your wife/gf?

Have they ever reacted?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I ran into one while my kid was in a playground at the local shopping centre. We both recognised each other and sort of ignored each other. Then her kid came running over to her to introduce my kid to her.

Got a bit of a look when my kid spouted out that she was going to Mummy’s house soon.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
    I ran into one while my kid was in a playground at the local shopping centre. We both recognised each other and sort of ignored each other. Then her kid came running over to her to introduce my kid to her.

Got a bit of a look when my kid spouted out that she was going to Mummy’s house soon.
    That is crazy! OMG. Your mind must have been racing at 8000 rpms

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I ran into a Ginza Girl the day after a huge session. She was in her Gym gear crossing Pitt Street same time as me. We saw each other and greeted each other like best friends with huge smiles but didnt stop walking

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Nothing to worry about when this happens. Always remember to keep calm and have a default explanation to the question "who was that?". Mine is "she's a realtor I met once at an inspection", but anything else would work so long as it's believable. Eg. You don't say you met her at the gym if you don't even go to the gym.

My closest encounter was an ML I'd seen a handful of times, Kitty from the old DOS. I was having a smoke on the pavement outside my apartment building. My wife calls me and I tell her "I'm almost home, just downstairs having a smoke". Finished my smoke and was about to head into the building when I run straight into Kitty, looking smartly dressed like an OL. She greeted me with a huge smile and started chatting to me. Asked me if I lived there, where I was going that evening... pretty sure she wanted to hookup. Lo and behold my wife walks around the corner... She'd been out grocery shopping nearby!

At this point, I was face to face with Kitty and about 5 metres away from the wife, on a busy street. I can't remember if my wife called out at me or I just made hand gestures at her, but I do remember Kitty immediately knew I was with my partner (now!) and backed right off. In the lift with my wife, yep, I got asked the dreaded question. I'm still proud of how I handled the situation! My wife ended up thinking she was a realtor who was attracted to me for my good looks and was trying to make a move on me, hahah!

The thing about women is they are 100% tuned-in to other women giving their man even a second look. Defo a lot more tuned-in than us blokes. I've had a couple of times where the WL was giving me looks that even I didn't sense but after that my then ex-gf would pull me aside and ask "who was that eyeing you up?". My default answer to those is "I don't know her. Must be because your BF was so good looking...", just make it into a joking passive self-praise, lol...

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Happened several times, sometimes we give each other a look that indicates recognition but not to engage, which is the default position, another time I bumped into a very popular ml in the lobby of her building, I was looking at an investment unit and she lived there, I saw her exit the elevator, we caught eyes for a second and she totally ghosted me as she walked by (she had no way of knowing who the lady with me was). Probably felt a bit iffy that she'd seen me in her building as well, totally understand.

Never been caught with a partner, but I have been spotted by people I know. One time with ex SP ML Emily. She was nicely dressed in like a soft pink mini skirt suit type get up. She called out to me (I was alone) and we had a chat on the street in Epping, just catching up. 3 of my daughters male classmates walked past and IMMEDIATELY messaged around that they had seen me "rizzing on some hottie". My daughter was suitably embarrassed, and word quickly got around the school that I was some sort of playboy or something. Fobbed it off by saying she was just an old friend and nobody batted an eyelid.

Another time, again alone, I was in Ewoo and Bella from 84a, many moons ago, called out to me and waved me over to talk. She was a foodie, and I had told her where to go in Ewoo to try Korean food and dessert. She was with a couple of friends. She played it super cool "Hi, you might not remember me, I'm (real name), we met through Bella, you were telling where to eat in Eastwood..." Anyway, the 4 of us went and grabbed Bingsoo at La Vigne and a couple of the Korean mums from my daughters primary school saw me, and again it spread like wildfire, but this time the assumption was that I must be giving private English lessons! For that one I just played along and said that's exactly what I was doing. I thought it was really bold of her to do that, but I had seen her a few times and I guess she felt confident I would play along.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Happened to me at Sydney Airport ,was at the departure gate waiting - had 45 minutes to kill ..so walked to the news agent stand ..and i saw a beautiful thai lady smiling at me ...i was racking my brain as i recognized her face ...and then within seconds i knew that she was a ML from a MP in the city near wynyard ....i was a regular of hers ...and she was one of my faves...... we exchanged "hello's" and she said " I am with Someone who has just gone to the bathroom".....an awkward situation for her as she did not want the guy to see her with other guys....i said goodbye and discreetly snuck away ...strange things happen ...what are the odds of meeting her at the airport!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    And then you were in the middle seat with them all the way to Thailand?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Costy View Post
    And then you were in the middle seat with them all the way to Thailand?
    Lol no. I think they went on the pointy end of the plane.

Sent from my SM-A325F using Tapatalk

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If they're professional they won't recognise you & I just look straight ahead. Both parties appreciate that.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWow View Post
    an awkward situation for her as she did not want the guy to see her with other guys....
    2 sides, same coin.

Quote Originally Posted by ColesBag View Post
    If they're professional they won't recognise you & I just look straight ahead. Both parties appreciate that.
    Agreed. If only one party spots the other, not a problem, they just keep moving on. If both parties spot each other, I give a discreet, barely perceptible head nod; she, a slight smile in my direction, then each keeps moving on. Just a private ack.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Much better to pretend you don't know each other. Discretion is part of the deal. No stopping to say "hello", no nodding, no nothing.
    This way, you don't have to have a cover story to tell your partner/wife if she is with you. Keep it down to business.
    _______stay on topic and we will all enjoy the thread______________

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWow View Post
    Lol no. I think they went on the pointy end of the plane.

Sent from my SM-A325F using Tapatalk
    Partly funded by you? Haha

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Sometimes you wonder if they are

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmithChips View Post
    Partly funded by you? Haha
    More likely pay by the guy she is with.