Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackmailed by sex worker

Junior Member(有D料到)

Blackmailed by sex worker

Brothers, had anybody here ever been blackmailed by a sex worker?

This sex worker I used to see, somehow found out about my partner's name and she is threatening to talk to my partner unless I send her money.

I just blocked her and finger crossed that she will lose interest and move on. If she doesn't then I would be getting police and lawyers involved potentially.

But has any brothers here experienced this and how did you deal with it?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ezyz168 View Post

This sex worker I used to see, somehow found out about my partner's name and she is threatening to talk to my partner unless I send her money.

I just blocked her and finger crossed that she will lose interest and move on. If she doesn't then I would be getting police and lawyers involved potentially.

She sounds like a psycho. Usually blocking psychos only makes them angrier...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Does she just know the name or could have her socials/ contact number do you think. Quite a messed up situation but definitely dont be blackmailed into paying her.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Should name ans shame her

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Wouldn't it be funny if you sneakily block her number on your partners phone.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If she managed to get through to you, write back and say you will most definitely go to the police and she will end up getting arrested for “ Using A Carriage Service To Menace Harass Or Offend Charges” and end up in prison for up to 3 years.

In addition to harassment, there would be a charge of blackmail.

A person commits an offence if they use a carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence, according to the Criminal Code Act 1995 (Cth). A carriage service is defined in the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth) as ‘a service for carrying communications by means for guided and/or unguided electromagnetic energy’, pursuant to s7 of the Act. In simple terms, this could be taken to refer to social media communications, emails, text messages and calls, and it is important to note that this is given quite a broad definition.

According to s474.17 of the Criminal Code Act 1995 (Cth), it is an offence if a person uses a carriage service (s474.17(1)(a)); ‘and the person does so in a way (whether by the method of use or the content of a communication, or both) that reasonable persons would regard as being, in all circumstances, menacing, harassing or offensive’ (s474.17(1)(b)). This offence has the penalty of imprisonment listed as three years.

Examples of such behaviour could give regard to the method or content of the communication. For example, a harassing phone call could extend from a bombardment of incessant calls or messages, or offensive or threatening content. However, given the broadness of the provision itself, there is a wide net cast, meaning that other types of behaviour such as domestic violence, threats of harm or incessant messaging could also fall within the ambit of this charge.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    That’s another example of why we should all keep it a business transaction.
    Becoming friendly with ML/WL is fraught with danger. Giving them details of your real name, real hob/business, your marital status and kids are very very very risky moves.

Anyone looking for a friend should not go to brothels to finds them. Buy a dog instead.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    U just paranoia bro let her talk to ur partner do u think ur partner will believe this ml 😄

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewv View Post
    Anyone looking for a friend should not go to brothels to finds them. Buy a dog instead.
    Some dogs turn on you. I’m of the opinion it’s trust no one.

Senior Member(無間使者)

ive just recently had it happen to me. (i hope its all over). she threatend to come my house and workplace etc. (im not sure if she knows where i live) threatening her back seemed to make her go away. for now anyway. not sure if she will try it again or not

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    How would she find out who your partner is, her name anyway? Social media posts can be the proverbial "double edged sword".

Quote Originally Posted by jfoldbar View Post
    she threatend to come my house and workplace etc. (im not sure if she knows where i live)
    Likewise, how would she know where your house or workplace are? Google is powerful, so having your full name can produce a lot of info for someone with patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    Some dogs turn on you. I’m of the opinion it’s trust no one.
    Certainly if a dog is mistreated... Myself, I've never had any problems and I've trusted some quite a bit. But maybe they've just not been so desperate to go to such extremes...

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewv View Post
    If she managed to get through to you, write back and say you will most definitely go to the police and she will end up getting arrested for “ Using A Carriage Service To Menace Harass Or Offend Charges” and end up in prison for up to 3 years.

In addition to harassment, there would be a charge of blackmail.

A person commits an offence if they use a carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence, according to the Criminal Code Act 1995 (Cth). A carriage service is defined in the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth) as ‘a service for carrying communications by means for guided and/or unguided electromagnetic energy’, pursuant to s7 of the Act. In simple terms, this could be taken to refer to social media communications, emails, text messages and calls, and it is important to note that this is given quite a broad definition.

According to s474.17 of the Criminal Code Act 1995 (Cth), it is an offence if a person uses a carriage service (s474.17(1)(a)); ‘and the person does so in a way (whether by the method of use or the content of a communication, or both) that reasonable persons would regard as being, in all circumstances, menacing, harassing or offensive’ (s474.17(1)(b)). This offence has the penalty of imprisonment listed as three years.

Examples of such behaviour could give regard to the method or content of the communication. For example, a harassing phone call could extend from a bombardment of incessant calls or messages, or offensive or threatening content. However, given the broadness of the provision itself, there is a wide net cast, meaning that other types of behaviour such as domestic violence, threats of harm or incessant messaging could also fall within the ambit of this charge.
    This is very thorough...maybe send her this

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    It’s not difficult to get an AVO.

AVOs are orders that a court makes to protect people. AVOs protect people by ordering a person known as the 'defendant' not to assault, molest, harass, intimidate or stalk the protected person for a specific period of time.

https://localcourt.nsw.gov.au/types-...rs--avos-.html

Banned
    No.Everything in life has a risk. How you minimise the risk is entirely up to you.

Taking any I.D. to a sex premises is one way of increasing the risk. Not keeping an eye on your wallet or possessions as you take a shower or use the bathroom onsite is another. Same thing applies with bringing your mobile or leaving it turned on. Bluetooth and wifi are identifiable. Use of messaging apps to make a booking or chat to the worker. Using credit cards to pay for the services. Parking too close, parking in the same place. Vary your transport methods. Entering or exiting the same way from the street. Being too regular with your visits. Wearing the same clothes each visit. Using your correct name, using your personal mobile number and of course opening up your mouth about yourself.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    No.Everything in life has a risk. How you minimise the risk is entirely up to you.

Taking any I.D. to a sex premises is one way of increasing the risk. Not keeping an eye on your wallet or possessions as you take a shower or use the bathroom onsite is another. Same thing applies with bringing your mobile or leaving it turned on. Bluetooth and wifi are identifiable. Use of messaging apps to make a booking or chat to the worker. Using credit cards to pay for the services. Parking too close, parking in the same place. Vary your transport methods. Entering or exiting the same way from the street. Being too regular with your visits. Wearing the same clothes each visit. Using your correct name, using your personal mobile number and of course opening up your mouth about yourself.
    That’s a great comprehensive list. Very true. Stuff they teach new recruits at Langley and other HQs.

The last one is the most risky — becoming too friendly and familiar with the ML/WL.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

Twister, you may be new in these parts, but man you talk a lot of sense. I like the cut of your jib.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    OP must've been flashing a little too much of his wealth to the WG.

That's the thing. You can do all the secrecy shit listed above, but as they say where there's a will there's a way. Do not even give them a will to do it. If they didn't know you had a lot of money, they wouldn't even try this shit.

Good luck OP.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Need to be smart, use real details like full name, occupation, area you live in... just not your details.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    does she have any kind of evidence that you used her services? if not, simply deny.

you can even deny that she's a real sex worker, she might just be a scammer. she probably could easily prove she's a SW but that doesn't implicate you.

if you used her a lot she would probably know things about you that she could use as evidence that you have some kind of relationship i suppose.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I found out she follows my partner on IG and somehow knows all about me. I have no idea how she found her but she claims that "she sees my partner all the time, and that she will talk to her next time"

I guess in terms of evidence she has texts between us when I made bookings (she's a private)

Before blocking her, I sent her an article of the SW being charged for harrassment and blackmailing clients. Hopefully she will take the hint and back off.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast