Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Cheating Be Illegal?

Junior Member(有D料到)

Should cheating be illegal?

Can't remember what lead to me googling this, I think come out of some stuff related to "massage" cough... parlours but a controversial opinion.

At least some people believe that the heart ache, emotional trauma, future distrust, wasted time and stolen future should indeed justify it being illegal with jail time as a penalty.

Any thoughts?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    We don't have enough jail cells

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    We don't have enough jail cells
    Haha good point.

Also wouldn't be surprised if a fair few pollies have something on the side, wouldn't want to self incriminate.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    All depends how you define cheating - malicious intent - getting even - or maintaining a healthy psychological disposition because you have been abandoned in a relationship - plus I guess there are a few more scenarios - if you live your life in a private manner but are hurting no-one until accidentally discovered or caught out is what acrimoniously is called cheating - but if not discovered or caught out aren’t you just getting on with your life???

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    You're only cheating if you get caught
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timeis629 View Post
    All depends how you define cheating - malicious intent - getting even - or maintaining a healthy psychological disposition because you have been abandoned in a relationship - plus I guess there are a few more scenarios - if you live your life in a private manner but are hurting no-one until accidentally discovered or caught out is what acrimoniously is called cheating - but if not discovered or caught out aren’t you just getting on with your life???
    Well I am presuming the perspective from the people that wanting cheating to be illegal it would include everything, happy endings at a massage shop, strip clubs, FWB, ONS.

And a few articles (probably quoting the same source) seems to suggest 60% of men and 45% have had an affair during a relationship.

I wonder how many people actually get caught.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy88 View Post
    Can't remember what lead to me googling this, I think come out of some stuff related to "massage" cough... parlours but a controversial opinion.

At least some people believe that the heart ache, emotional trauma, future distrust, wasted time and stolen future should indeed justify it being illegal with jail time as a penalty.

Any thoughts?
    It is a moral, not legal question. Morality changes over time and varies across religions, social norms, societal standards, etc.

In the dark ages in Australia, before Gough Whitlam was elected, people had to hire private detectives to follow their partners and take pictures of them having sex in order to get a legal divorce. This was changed when a "no-fault" divorce laws were introduced. Now all a partner or two partners need to say is they have reached a point of irreconcilable differences.
    _______stay on topic and we will all enjoy the thread______________

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Don't follow Jesus because he said [Matthew 5:28], "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Based on this standard, I commit adultery in my heart several times every day.
    _______stay on topic and we will all enjoy the thread______________

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Well I am presuming the perspective from the people that wanting cheating to be illegal it would include everything, happy endings at a massage shop, strip clubs, FWB, ONS.

And a few articles (probably quoting the same source) seems to suggest 60% of men and 45% have had an affair during a relationship.

I wonder how many people actually get caught.
    I’m one caught ….. but turned out all good

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

Any thoughts?

Are you retarded ?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Some forms of it should when someone makes financial commitments in different relationships which they don't keep

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Any thoughts?
    Hell no dude,
    The problem is modern women's sex drives simply stop working after marriage. They simply don't want it anymore.
    And what's a guy to do. You already married her. She wont have sex with you anymore. As if you just become celibate at that stage.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewv View Post
    Don't follow Jesus because he said [Matthew 5:28], "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Mebbe, but don't forget, Matthew was a tax collector, so what the hell did he know about morality!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackk View Post
    Some forms of it should when someone makes financial commitments in different relationships which they don't keep
    Being a punting forum obviously bias will be one way here on what's consider cheating.
    But this is a pretty good point. If you are doing what you can to build a future, getting something on the side (that has no other commitments than an hourly fee) shouldn't matter.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Fuck! she' s got an annoying voice....a 7 iinch deep throater will take care of that.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendmetheacti View Post
    Hell no dude,
    The problem is modern women's sex drives simply stop working after marriage. They simply don't want it anymore.
    And what's a guy to do. You already married her. She wont have sex with you anymore. As if you just become celibate at that stage.
    Careful there bro, you're describing a large population of married incels

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Take a look at Sharia Law. Cheating is illegal and you can be stoned to death as punishment, after taking 100 lashes of the whip.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Take a look at Sharia Law. Cheating is illegal and you can be stoned to death as punishment, after taking 100 lashes of the whip.
    Yeah but only female

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    People dribbling on about cheating, the bible & Sharia Law on a punting forum.

Being on that spectrum must be tough for some of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast