Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sex work on working holiday visa?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBlows View Post
    but how does that work here? She makes cash deposits into an overseas bank account, won't her country of origin tax her on that rather than the Australian government?

I know the ATO will see the money move out of Australia but what's the most they can do? They can kick her out but once the money is overseas they can't touch it?
    I Believe a financial institution only reports anything over $10k.

They have records of smaller amounts but are not required to inform the ato

So really, the ato won't know if it's led than $10k unless they audit the person

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    Yes, as long as you pay tax.
    How many WLs you know pay tax?

I know a girl who's account has frozen by her bank because of too many cash and PayID deposits.

Cash in hand jobs does not benefit the government.

I've helped girls by transferring their cash to accounts OS via WU.

Working holiday visas are limited to a few Asian countries I think. Taiwan tall and Korea can do it. I don't think Thailand or China are on the list.
    Which countries are eligible for Working Holiday Visa?
    Apply for the Working Holiday visa (Subclass 417) if you hold a passport from: Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and the UK.

As well as large amounts sent overseas, the system also flags multiple small amounts. AUSTRAC/ATO might come knocking on your door.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    A smart girl would do the following:

1. Register a business name with a brand like Sarah's Office Sandwiches. You don't need to be a permanent resident to register a business name. Must use real name.
    2. Open a bank account in the business name. Tell the bank she makes and sells sandwiches door-to-door (office to office) and her business location is her home (no need to have commercial premises)
    3. this way, when the bank sees lots of cash deposits, it will look legit.
    4. Declare only around 25% of the bank deposits as her net income before tax. The remainder would be considered business expenses (cost of sandwich ingredients and travel, etc.)

As other punters have written, every bank is super-sensitive about seeing cash deposits today. They "debank" hundreds of clients every month. This word debank is now common.
    _______stay on topic and we will all enjoy the thread______________

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The ATO gets a copy of every bank deposit and withdrawal everyone makes. It has been like that for many years.
    They use what is called "Big Data Analysis" to parse millions of records to look for patterns, and also pick random tax payers to audit.

The ATO gets a lot of other data, including every new car registration detail (you might get a "please explain your source of income to purchase a brand new $134,000 BMW in your name".
    It also gets data from airlines, shipping container handling companies... etc.

ATO often does income analysis of various professions. For example, they might hire armies of data collectors to hand outside hairdressing salons and count how many customers walk in and out, and then they model expected revenue by using the hairdressers' price lists, plus interview hairdressers who work in salons.

For every industry, the ATO keeps updated ranges of income. And when these professions submit the annual returns, anything outside the ranges is investigated further.

Over 1,200 professions are constantly reviewed.
    _______stay on topic and we will all enjoy the thread______________

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I can't find information regarding that. The ato gets reported on income earnings such as interest.

https://www.ato.gov.au/about-ato/com...-data-matching

Austrac gets reports on all overseas transactions over 10k
    https://www.austrac.gov.au/business/...h-transactions

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpol View Post
    I can't find information regarding that. The ato gets reported on income earnings such as interest.

And all gold (precious metals) purchases as well, but it would be naive to think Austrac doesn't see all money transfers outside of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by tpol View Post

It's not only transactions $10k and over.
    People know about that.

Banks keep track of anything unusual.

https://www.austrac.gov.au/business/...ion-monitoring

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    It's our right to use cash. Fk government.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Don’t know if all the working holiday people are given or must apply a tax file number as conditional to their visa?

Once they have the TFN, the government can track if they are working and paying tax via Single Touch Payroll on a weekly basis. How good and how closely will the ATO and immigration will work on that is the millions dollars question .

Like someone had pointed out earlier, have you seen any WL or ML ever pay tax ? And more importantly, would the massage shop or FS place come to the party?

The most common cases would be they are just here on a short term, work their butts off and pay no tax or like many of the student visa, get a casual job in cafe or restaurant for a day or two but working full time plus in the other industry .

Plenty of other ways to get around the system too. Cash is King though .

Cheers
    I doubt WLs have TFNs...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Anyone can apply for a TFN.
    Not restricted to visa conditions.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I doubt that these recent flood of japanese girls are on working holiday visa. Probably working illegally on a tourist visa.

Don’t the sex workers here need to register and do regular std tests?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    As indicated by Aussiegaigin ........

Whilst most girls from the EU can apply for working Holiday visas (subclass 417), only the girls from Japan & Hong Kong are eligible for this category of visa. Explains the influx and the number of them that are here on short stay.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tezzaman18 View Post
    As indicated by Aussiegaigin ........

Whilst most girls from the EU can apply for working Holiday visas (subclass 417), only the girls from Japan & Hong Kong are eligible for this category of visa. Explains the influx and the number of them that are here on short stay.
    That's a paradox there. The working holiday visas are valid for up to 12 months, thereby making it not necessary for the holders to cum and go and cum like the short-stay girls do. They can just stay in Australia and keep working a WL job for 12 months straight.

It's the other way around. All of the short-stay girls are working on their regular tourist visas. Those are granted usually for only 3 month stays.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12