Thread: Bizarre pickup attempts

Senior Member(無間使者)

Bizarre pickup attempts

The other day I was walking down the steps to the local train platform and standing there waiting is one of the prettiest girls I have seen, I kid you not she looks a bit like Karina from Aespa. So I'm on the platform just trying to subtly glance and have sneak peak, but it couldn't have been very long when this tall asian guy comes walking down the stairs.

He had a bit of a swagger and as he comes down the steps he notices her. He then fast walks directly towards her and does a 90 degree turn around her, almost making impact it was that close! Like a knight's move on a chess board, he makes his way towards the seats behind where she was standing. She does a half turn back to look at this dude, like she must be thinking wtf? At this point I'm grinning because it was so fkn obvious, as he could have just walked directly to the seats and there was no one near her to get that close.

Anyway I'm on the train and she is in the next carriage, but the doors between the carriages is remaining open during travel for some reason. I can see her sitting in the front row up high, but I don't want to stare and actually I can't see her when I'm sitting upright on my seat it's only if I lean forward to use my phone. During the journey I look over and see the asian dude took a seat directly behind her and leaned over to talk to her. I don't know the outcome but based on her body language and the fact that it didn't look like she was reciprocating, I think he got shot down.

Anyway I just thought it is an interesting technique to dive bomb a girl to get her attention, but good on him for stepping up and taking his shot. Have you ever witnessed any funny or interesting pickup attempts?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    You could try and drop something half valuable and see if she picks it up for you, and initiate a conversation that way.
    But in most cases it would not work.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Oh I didn't mean to say his technique is actually interesting, I thought he was super lame and douchey. I don't know why he thought almost knocking a girl over would work in his favour? No doubt she thought he was an idiot on the spot.

Woodland why not just walk over and say hi like a normal person?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I know a few blokes who drop $300 inside a shop and they can literally pick up any chick they want

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrawford View Post
    Oh I didn't mean to say his technique is actually interesting, I thought he was super lame and douchey. I don't know why he thought almost knocking a girl over would work in his favour? No doubt she thought he was an idiot on the spot.

Woodland why not just walk over and say hi like a normal person?
    He made the right moves there, bro. Nothing lame about it.

People's initial reactions when being unexpectedly approached by any stranger is to get away from them. If he said hi without her even noticing him, that's exactly what she would've done, he would've crashed and burned on the spot.

What he did was do something to make sure she saw him. Ok, maybe his technique was a bit too dramatic but it got the job done.

Then he observes if she made a second glance at him. This gives a clue that there might be a chance to do something more. If I were him, I would've been looking for that second glance as a sign.

You gotta give the girl some time to think about your "physical" proposition. Let her think about whether she likes your look, your physique, etc. If you just walked up and say hi, she only has 0.5 sec to do that so she'll just pick the default No answer. That's what it is.

I think if he failed, it must've been because of wrong timing. Trying to hookup on the way to work is one of the worst times because she would've had serious work stuff on her mind. Not a good time at all!

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    He's the lame and douchey one? Says the guy who stared at a female from a distance pretending to play on his phone just to get a sneaky look... Shitting on a guy who shot his shit. Amazing

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by CantCme View Post
    He's the lame and douchey one? Says the guy who stared at a female from a distance pretending to play on his phone just to get a sneaky look... Shitting on a guy who shot his shit. Amazing
    Nothing more douchey than a simp on the sideline trying to tellthe players how to play the game. You should have gone and saved her from him bro... She might have appreciated it.. Or she may have then had a choice between you and him.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Firstly I said good on him for taking his shot. Hey I think he was way too aggressive on the approach and for that he gets a big L from me. I gave him his props for playing the game if you actually read my post. He should have initiate conversation on the platform not in the train, sitting behind the girl is creepy and it's a form of entrapment cause now she can't bail throughout the journey.

You guys are funny, in a forum full of pervs acting like you have never checked out a hot girl in public. Besides observing people interacting is interesting.

Senior Member(無間使者) Shoryureppa's Avatar
    Why didn't you talk to her?
    "My soul has been spoiled by the world, my imagination is unquiet, my heart insatiate. To me everything is of little moment. I have become as easily accustomed to grief as to joy, and my life grows emptier day by day"

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Such a simple question. Yet, in practice is anything but. I'm sure he would have but we know that alot of us gents just don't due to many reasons, excuses, factors, restrictions, restraints, situations, various 'depends'... List goes on and on.

Picking up, approaching, communicating, initiating, sparking conversations, making a move towards a complete stranger cold is a game that's seem straight forward yet very complex.

We've all come across a chick that catches our attention in public and mentally wished we can get a piece of her but for whatever reason give ourselves little hope of success.

Sad.

Kudos to the guy who made an attempt to get the girl. He's already ahead by making a move. At least he gave it a go. So good on him.

At least the shops provides an outlet for us to punt away our frustrations.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Good on the guy for having a go.

Better to try and get 1 in 10 women than 0 from 0.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Always a fine line between seduction and harassment/intimidation.
    This guy sounds like more creep than casanova.
    He needs to lift his seduction game up 200%

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post

People's initial reactions when being unexpectedly approached by any stranger is to get away from them. If he said hi without her even noticing him, that's exactly what she would've done, he would've crashed and burned on the spot.

What he did was do something to make sure she saw him. Ok, maybe his technique was a bit too dramatic but it got the job done.

Then he observes if she made a second glance at him. This gives a clue that there might be a chance to do something more. If I were him, I would've been looking for that second glance as a sign.

You gotta give the girl some time to think about your "physical" proposition. Let her think about whether she likes your look, your physique, etc. If you just walked up and say hi, she only has 0.5 sec to do that so she'll just pick the default No answer. That's what it is.

I think if he failed, it must've been because of wrong timing. Trying to hookup on the way to work is one of the worst times because she would've had serious work stuff on her mind. Not a good time at all!
    Mostly agree except the last bit bro. Chicks whether consciously, unconsciously or subconsciously have a preferred male "type" - these blokes posses certain characteristics which these chicks have fantasised, dreamt and dripped to, since their teens. Trying to figure out a chick's ideal type is impossible and that's what fucks up a lot of blokes.

You could look like Brad Pitt, smell like Tom Ford and have the money of Elon Musk, but if you're not "her type" then you're fucked and nothing you say or do can change that. I've seen absolute stunners with decrepit overweight sandal wearing lard arses and the first thing that comes to mind - WTF!....How.....Why?
    It is what it is and we just need to accept it. (chicks are weird in that way)

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Some women just want a guy to look after them. That is their end game is it not? When they know you’re capable of doing just that you don’t have to chase, they come after you, like bees to the money pot.

In fact I have another dropping the hint already. For six months we have flirted. Thirty years younger. She’s not happy with her bf, her financial situation and wants to be in a relationship with me. Yes she’s a babe, a real good sort and not a worker. Stunning actually. But why should I have to take her on and support her? Just for sex? Not happening.

It’s very easy to have any number of hangers on. Freeloading women. As you get older it’s why be in any relationship if sex is all you are after.

Better off punting and you get to walk away.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    Mostly agree except the last bit bro. Chicks whether consciously, unconsciously or subconsciously have a preferred male "type" - these blokes posses certain characteristics which these chicks have fantasised, dreamt and dripped to, since their teens. Trying to figure out a chick's ideal type is impossible and that's what fucks up a lot of blokes.

You could look like Brad Pitt, smell like Tom Ford and have the money of Elon Musk, but if you're not "her type" then you're fucked and nothing you say or do can change that. I've seen absolute stunners with decrepit overweight sandal wearing lard arses and the first thing that comes to mind - WTF!....How.....Why?
    It is what it is and we just need to accept it. (chicks are weird in that way)
    All the more important to get her attention on you without putting her in a position where she's forced to say Yes or No. Like you said, they have their own criteria, who knows what it is and we CBFed to figure out every girl we cum across.

Get her attention on you somehow, then look for signals in her body language. Then you make your move. It's an exhilarating thing to do, not to be feared.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    In addition, pickup lines is fucked and has no effect on the success, it's more the courage and the confidence shown in the cold approach that piques their interest. You could look like Fabio but if you sound like David Beckham then your chances of getting laid that night are fucken halved. Conversely, you could look like Quasimodo but if you have the voice of Barry White you'll have her dripping wet by the end of the of the night.

So yeah, ticking all their boxes means a greater chance of licking their boxes.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post

Nope it didn't play out like how you are thinking, he didn't even get her attention. Actually this girl might be a bot, she does not care about her surroundings, the whole time she was just staring straight ahead into the abyss like she was downloading a firmware update from the mothership. When swagger boy came charging at her she didn't look at him, even when he done a full hairpin turn around her, she did not react. Then there was like a second delay while she reconnected to our reality and did a half turn, I don't even think she even turned fully to look at him before going back to staring straight ahead.

It was such an unusual encounter to observe that's why I posted about it here. Also it was a Sunday afternoon, not rush hour or anything.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by CantCme View Post
    I didn't pretend to use my phone, I used my phone, then glanced over occasionally and not stared. Try to keep up it's not hard!
    Why you grumpy? I brought you guys a story that's different from another dating a WG thread. I didn't post the guys face or name here to shame him, why you being so butt hurt?