Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At this particular point, the old forum is still more popular then the new one!!

Cool At this particular point, the old forum is still more popular then the new one!!

As there were no data migration from the old forum (apart from a few threads and AR manually moved across by some members), everytime I need to find or check something, I have to log back on to the old forum to find it.

Just then at 2.40pm, when I was at the old forum, there were 56 users on line, 13 members and 43 guests, and back on the new forum, there were only 48 users on line, 9 members and 39 guests.........enough said.

I suppose if the Admin can keep maintaining the old site, you can at least keep all the existing members and guests happy.

So, please DO NOT STOP hosting the old site, keep that going for the sake of all the treasures still out there and all the personal PM's that are in storage folders. And hopefully one day (in 6 to 12 months time may be) when the numbers of new threads really grow here, or when there is a way to migrate all the data across here then you can consider what to do with the old forum.

Why not just keep that site going as a linked archives for this site so that you don't loss anything. Please consider.

Cheers
    Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    and old one doesnt have stupid bot spammers.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Whats the go, are people still posting on the old site, maybe admin should have made a post directing everyone over to the new forum..

Quote Originally Posted by newbie111 View Post
    and old one doesnt have stupid bot spammers.
    Where the bloody hell is the Admin brother,

I PM him all the links for all the current spams and no action yet,

Wakie Wakie
    Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

Banned
    Bro. AHLungor, you are spot on. That's what I said in numerous occasions under various threads that the new forum/site is not yet ready to go on live though a few brothers keep on challenging me. The facts todate speak for themselves.

I can see that my ARs on the some of the Japanese girls, Chinese girls and Korean girls are reaching 3400/2500, 1000 and 700 viewers respectively under the old forum/site at a much much faster rate than my ARs in the new forum though there are still over 720 or 460 viewers. This indicate to me that the Old Forum is still much more popular than the New Forum.

You and me have both received a PM from a trusted and popular brother who has decided to quit this website citing one of the reasons being the New Forum is not as popular as the Old Forum. I can see that if this situation continues, the hit rate will be significantly affected and ultimately the website owner is the one to suffer with less advertising fees from shops/agencies.

I hope they will seriously consider the data migration/transfer problem or if this cannot be resolved at the moment, put the New Forum implementation in abeyance until a solution is found and switch back to the Old Forum for the time being.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Admin why not just put up a notice on the front of the old forum to direct everyone to this new forum?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie111 View Post
    Admin why not just put up a notice on the front of the old forum to direct everyone to this new forum?

Viewers are going to the Old Forum to get information for girls and shops. Directing everyone to the New Forum will not solve the problem, bro.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Well since the old forum act as archive anyway... i dont think we can post there anymore?
    So if anyone want much more updated reviews and info they still gotta visit here.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    There should still be a post letting Bro's know that a new forum exits, its just ridiculous

I don't think Admin had said the old forum will disappear soon, of course people will go back to get informations, that's why it's still there, but if someone wants to post, there's no reason they don't want to post on the new site, that sounds ludicrous !

The number of contributors on the new forum is basically unchanged, all the frequent posters are here already, so if someone said he'll quit citing this new site is unpopular, I don't think Admin will try to stop him ! Including you Niceman 123 !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    There should still be a post letting Bro's know that a new forum exits, its just ridiculous
    there is... its stickied in almost every section on the old forums

People will still go to the old forum to find info or do searches because there's simply more history. It was unfortunate that they didnt migrate the whole DB including threads but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ethicks View Post
    there is... its stickied in almost every section on the old forums

People will still go to the old forum to find info or do searches because there's simply more history. It was unfortunate that they didnt migrate the whole DB including threads but oh well.
    That's the spirit ! The old family house carries a lot of sweet memories, but it doesn't mean one should not move to a bigger and better mansion if one can afford it !

The accessibility for all member to the old forum database is very good. Obviously it takes time for the new forum to build up a good database for after reports.

Banned
    The one who has quitted this website is in fact a frequent and famous contributor with a lot of excellent ARs and postings. He doesn't threaten he will quit but he has in fact quitted giving a farewell PMs to his buddies (not including Willsno, of course) but including me, AHLungor, Paulc, and Mr Crash.

I believe there are still many more brothers who want me to stay and only a limited few brothers who want me to quit and so I will not quit.

I usually don't do things to please a few limited persons. Haha !!!!

migrate the old data = one new forum phoenix like + happy punters

Quote Originally Posted by Niceman 123 View Post
    The one who has quitted this website is in fact a frequent and famous contributor with a lot of excellent ARs and postings. He doesn't threaten he will quit but he has in fact quitted giving a farewell PMs to his buddies (not including Willsno, of course) but including me, AHLungor, Paulc, and Mr Crash.

I believe there are still many more brothers who want me to stay and only a limited few brothers who want me to quit and so I will not quit.

I usually don't do things to please a few limited persons. Haha !!!!
    That's what I mean, we're here so we're here to make this work, whinging won't help the course, and nobody will stop anyone who wants to quit for whatever reason, including you !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    That's what I mean, we're here so we're here to make this work, whinging won't help the course, and nobody will stop anyone who wants to quit for whatever reason, including you !

Bro., what I want to do is to give pressure to Admin to do something to address the data transfer/migration problem and maybe a few other things. Where there is a will, there is a way. I am not whinging but giving pressure to the one having the responsibilities to act and acting will benefit him/the owner of this website financially.

I don't believe the problems cannot be addressed. I am sure it can be addressed even tediously through manual efforts (manual data transfer/migration is totally possible).

If Admin cannot fix the problem, they have to go back to the Old site or keep the Old site for a very long long period beyond their imaginations.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    migrate the old data = one new forum phoenix like + happy punters
    Totally agreed, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Niceman 123 View Post
    Bro., what I want to do is to give pressure to Admin to do something to address the data transfer/migration problem and maybe a few other things. Where there is a will, there is a way. I am not whinging but giving pressure to the one having the responsibilities to act and acting will benefit him/the owner of this website financially.

I don't believe the problems cannot be addressed. I am sure it can be addressed even tediously through manual efforts (manual data transfer/migration is totally possible).

If Admin cannot fix the problem, they have to go back to the Old site or keep the Old site for a very long long period beyond their imaginations.
    There's no problem to be addressed ! All you need is one click to get back to the old site for informations, you still have to click if the informations were here !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    admin could certainly help by migrating old data, and by keeping to a strict timeline for shutting down the old forum. I still don't like the look and feel of the new site as much, but we are here because it has a better technical backend. So let's all keep this wonderful forum going - the value it adds to my punting life is immense

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast