Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PLS BE HONEST - Is 200 - $300 p/w too much on punting?

Banned
    I spend about $300 per week.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    I reckon money spent on punting is money well spent.
    You have to spend money on something. It's just paper or a number if you don't spend it on something.
    Saving is pointless. You still have to spend it on something eventually or worse still leave it to someone after you are dead.
    Look at the other options: eating out will make you fat and unhealthy, drugs, smoking and alcohol will make you sick, gambling will drive you crazy, flashy clothes, cars or jewellery is just to pick up chicks anyway.
    Punting wins out every time.
    If you are getting in over you head in debt, you should definitely cut down though.
    So you never (or don't want to) feel the enjoyment of accumulating money?

Maybe it's just me. But accumulating money is something very fun for me. Esp. When that additional 0 appears. I.e when it goes from 4 figures to 5 figures to 6 figures. And so on.
    That's really fun.. For me..

But, I might agree with your point about punting.
    Personally, my own luxury is my punting. That's all.
    I have never spent on nice Rolex, nice clothing, etc.
    For me, if I spend for something, I won't consider what the others are thinking.
    Even if 15 young ladies would queue to open their pants for me when I buy a $500,000 car, (if I can afford it, lol), if I don't think I would enjoy the car, then I won't buy.

If I think my once a "month" $280 punt worth more enjoyment than a $20,000 Rolex, or maybe worth more than a Patek Phillipe, then why would I care what the others are thinking?

So, MrSeven, just choose what's your luxury spending is. And how much it is.
    Everyone would have different opinion, that's for sure.
    They have different preferences.

If you are concerned with no savings, which is the same as most people, then you know the answer for your own question.

You ask $200/300 per week. Is it too much? Can be very different for every guys.
    You ask Wilisno. And he would say that's the minimum amount he spend for a punt.
    And he punts at least 3 times a week.
    I heard this from the old forum, sorry if because the age of this information caused some inaccuracy, and resulting in understatement of the real number.
    Lol.

You ask Ahlungor, he might sound humble and nice.
    But do you know he knows every single massage in sydney like his own backyard?
    I'd say he knows every corner of massage place more than his own home. Lol.
    And if you were to give him a quiz, where you show sydney ML tits only, he knows from 100M away, whose tits was it. What size was it. What day and what time she works. Along with the rate, and what are the extras. He most probably would know the secret passcode to get special extras.
    And the price of course.
    It's not like he learn that skill from Shaolin martial arts temple somewhere deep in China. Lol.
    Practice makes perfect.
    It's impossible to be an expert like that, without high hours spent at massage place.

So, nobody can answer. Only you can answer it.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    Yeah, I believe you. You said everyday is a new month for you though !
    Ahh..
    Then sorry for miscalculation.
    It was $280 per a 'month' or two or three.
    I never really count it.
    Depends on my brother. He's quite moody.

But, the first time I stepped my feet on 5*.
    It was late December.
    Until around April or March.
    If I count the average number of punts per month then it should be,
    once per somewhere between 1.7 and 2 "month".
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jj999 View Post
    If I think my once a "month" $280 punt worth more enjoyment than a $20,000 Rolex, or maybe worth more than a Patek Phillipe, then why would I care what the others are thinking?
    You don't like luxurious stuff ? What a liar !

If you know the name Patek Phillipe, that means at least you own one !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSeven View Post
    Punters,

I'm getting a bit worried i may be a bit hooked/addicted to punting.

Is 200 - $300 per week on WL's too much?

I mean for a guy who's not even 30 yet.. living in an expensive town like sydney.. and saving next to nothing.

How much does everyone else spend on avg per week?
    Thats about my weekly budget. But sometime I feel unsatisfied and I will keep going till I am happy.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) the wizard's Avatar
    I should get out of the house, find a sexually compatible Girl friend
    Bang her every day and night and on weekends away- all for FREE !!!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    How much you spend per week/month is all relative fact. If you are millionaire, you CAN spend punting everyday... if you wish.

However, most people aren't rich and other hoppy/committment to spend the time and money.

I'm not rich so I try to control my punting - once a week or 2weeks.

As long as you are not eating up your budget and able to control your urge to punt, you are not "addicted" I think...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    You don't like luxurious stuff ? What a liar !

If you know the name Patek Phillipe, that means at least you own one !
    Lol. I just know it. I don't have one. I just never find anything beautiful or to be appreciated, about that.
    That's just a tool to show time. I have 2 iPhones to help me track time easily, also they are far cheaper and more accurate. Lol.

You should ask Laurie how I usually appear at that beloved second home!
    Even when it's only I put my nice shoes on, instead of my usual "mind dazzling footwear" (a big lol) and he open the door for me.
    He'd say, "shit! I don't know you. See ya!" And jokingly close the door.
    Hahaha.

If I were to wear a Patek Phillipe, I guess he'd say "fuck! I think tomorrow there would be a tsunami somewhere in Pacific coasts!"
    Hahahaha.

Oh by the way, even the cheapest, I don't like to wear anything on my wrists or neck. I find wearing those stuffs make me feel uncomfortable.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) Travelmate's Avatar
    i can only afford 30dollars a week.
    wtf

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    If I can sum up what all the the punters have been saying on this really interesting thread its this:
    How much you spend on punting is a relative rather than absolute issue. Its relative to what you can afford and are willing to spend.
    Absolute figures of $100 or $1000 per week don't really mean much.
    If you are earning $1000 per week and spending $500 per week on punting then you have a problem, but if you are earning $3000 per week and spending $500 on punting then you are OK.
    Punting should always be a luxury and not a necessity.
    Once you cover having a roof over your head, your bills, and groceries, and if you have kids providing for them, then how you spend what's left over is totally up to you. I reckon spending your left over cash on punting after covering the basics is the way to go. It could be $100 or $1,000 per week depending on what you earn.
    You have a problem if you are sacrificing the basics, or running into huge debt to cover your punting.
    but if you are spending your left over cash on punting, as opposed to dining out, or gambling, or drinking, or travel, or saving, or fancy clothes, or whatever then you are OK.
    Personally I like to spend my left over cash on punting but everyone is different.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jj999 View Post
    So you never (or don't want to) feel the enjoyment of accumulating money?

Maybe it's just me. But accumulating money is something very fun for me. Esp. When that additional 0 appears. I.e when it goes from 4 figures to 5 figures to 6 figures. And so on.
    That's really fun.. For me..

But, I might agree with your point about punting.
    Personally, my own luxury is my punting. That's all.
    I have never spent on nice Rolex, nice clothing, etc.
    For me, if I spend for something, I won't consider what the others are thinking.
    Even if 15 young ladies would queue to open their pants for me when I buy a $500,000 car, (if I can afford it, lol), if I don't think I would enjoy the car, then I won't buy.

So, MrSeven, just choose what's your luxury spending is. And how much it is.
    Everyone would have different opinion, that's for sure.
    They have different preferences.

If you are concerned with no savings, which is the same as most people, then you know the answer for your own question.

You ask $200/300 per week. Is it too much? Can be very different for every guys.
    You ask Wilisno. And he would say that's the minimum amount he spend for a punt.
    And he punts at least 3 times a week.
    I heard this from the old forum, sorry if because the age of this information caused some inaccuracy, and resulting in understatement of the real number.
    Lol.

You ask Ahlungor, he might sound humble and nice.
    But do you know he knows every single massage in sydney like his own backyard?
    I'd say he knows every corner of massage place more than his own home. Lol.
    And if you were to give him a quiz, where you show sydney ML tits only, he knows from 100M away, whose tits was it. What size was it. What day and what time she works. Along with the rate, and what are the extras. He most probably would know the secret passcode to get special extras.
    And the price of course.
    It's not like he learn that skill from Shaolin martial arts temple somewhere deep in China. Lol.
    Practice makes perfect.
    It's impossible to be an expert like that, without high hours spent at massage place.

So, nobody can answer. Only you can answer it.
    Nope I don't enjoy saving. I nearly paid off my place and just bought another one and tring slowly to pay it off. I bought another place not because I want to but we all knew that you can't rely on your super and most certainly the pension upon retirement.
    I can't have money in the bank because I will just spend it on car,wine,hifi...ect

Punting and everything ,i just wanna enjoy this life while i am alive

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Nope I don't enjoy saving. I nearly paid off my place and just bought another one and tring slowly to pay it off. I bought another place not because I want to but we all knew that you can't rely on your super and most certainly the pension upon retirement.
    I can't have money in the bank because I will just spend it on car,wine,hifi...ect
    Lol..
    Bank is not a smart way to grow your money buddy.
    Sorry for not explaining clearly. As I don't feel the need to. This thread was about how much you punt and not to debate about the definition of saving and investing.

But I don't consider putting money in bank term deposit as an investment.

Saving money for me, means saving and earning a return for my money.
    And it's got to be nice real-return.

My money is as liquid as cash.
    I can sell my shares whenever I want to. And it would transform to good cash.

Bank savings is a cash for me.

And I don't enjoy paying off mortgage. If I consider interest rates, inflation rates, I wonder what real return you'd get.
    However, if I get a good look on AORD, I understand the reason why Australian have to put their money in property. And paying off slowly their mortgage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12