Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: How the 40 threads on the front page of After Report have been occupied right now !!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshimoony View Post
    Don't think so, Mr yamada is officially offender number one right now. He's just bumped 8 ARs on 4 girls...
    you are right!

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    As I have said on other occasions this topic has come up, the shops will always continue to bump up their threads/ARs.
    Its free advertising and so of course they will take advantage of it.
    These bumped up threads are annoying to us regular forum users and ineffective too, as we just ignore them.
    but we are not the target audience; they are aimed at the 100s of newbies and guests who log in every day and are seeing the post for the first time.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45George View Post
    hi bros,

thanks for advice about 45george

i have received ur comments about us

wish all have a nice weekend

for all after reports, pls see in our directory of all girls after report
    thanks
    roger
    Good one!
    It takes a real man to accept criticism and respond constructively in a public forum!
    It's also good for business!
    Now if only some of the other shop owners could learn from this ...

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    As I have said on other occasions this topic has come up, the shops will always continue to bump up their threads/ARs.
    Its free advertising and so of course they will take advantage of it.
    These bumped up threads are annoying to us regular forum users and ineffective too, as we just ignore them.
    but we are not the target audience; they are aimed at the 100s of newbies and guests who log in every day and are seeing the post for the first time.
    There is no need to encourage them though ...
    Ginza seems to be doing ok without resorting this ...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Most of us agree that shops spamming is very annoying, like most of us, I never read their rubbish and will not visit them on principle. That is the best way to stop them.

As CL states good places like Ginza do not have to resort to this.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post

But we are not the target audience
    ; they are aimed at the 100s of newbies and guests who log in every day and are seeing the post for the first time.
    Before the power of this truth all the wingeing and complaining of the chattering classes is just smoke in the wind. The chatter of we chattering classes gives us the illusion that we ARE the forum, but we aren't. At best we are a rudder that never knows quite what direction it is going in. This always ends up describing a circle, as many have observed!

I do wonder about the hundreds of casual viewers though, who still manage to take monk-like vows of silence before the provocation of all the comments we do make.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star City View Post
    REASONS FOR BUMPING UP 5* THREADS

a) We do not have any other user names to BUMP our threads up

b) For all NEWBIES to read

c) 30% of our customers READ Ars but less than 1% writes

d) To make SYD99 more colourfull

e) To keep up with BROS...Sext...Cunning...Root...Hoshi... Tailow Lun... Bruce Willis

f) Last but not least... To Keep MOC Happy

PEACE BROS
    You welcome. I am happy.

If you take a look at the After report and General talk sections you will see that the threads with the most views are the ones about rosters and good review collections.
    These are the most viewed by far, so bumping individual ARs is a waste of time, time that could be better spent organising the roster, training girls, and updating the roster and good review collections threads. Then the shops just need to bump these important threads and everyone will be happier: casual viewers, shop owners, and the unimportant regular forum contributors ...

Note also that for people just doing random web searches the bumps mean nothing.

Hahaha ! Everybody thinks he's an expert ! Don't you think the shops know better whether the bumps generate more business or the other way round ? Otherwise why they keep doing it !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    Hahaha ! Everybody thinks he's an expert ! Don't you think the shops know better whether the bumps generate more business or the other way round ? Otherwise why they keep doing it !
    Re the expert comment: more true than you think ...

I am not so sure that the shops know this. I think there may be a school of thought that some blindly follow that says the more advertising you can generate the better no matter what, and that some just follow what others are doing without putting too much thought into it. However if you look at where the views are you will see that the roster and review collection threads are the ones that are most popular. So the smart shops will know they can better target their advertising if they do a bit of research. Eg. Ginza.

I think Ginza could easily serve as a case study in a marketing or business course. They are humble, have genuinely good services and girls, give good value. These attributes are noticed by people and this generates alot of goodwill to them and forum contributors give them free publicitly by doing ARs and commenting on how good they are in other ways, just like I am doing now, and no I don't have any arrangements with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CunningLinguist View Post
    Re the expert comment: more true than you think ...

I am not so sure that the shops know this. I think there may be a school of thought that some blindly follow that says the more advertising you can generate the better no matter what, and that some just follow what others are doing without putting too much thought into it. However if you look at where the views are you will see that the roster and review collection threads are the ones that are most popular. So the smart shops will know they can better target their advertising if they do a bit of research. Eg. Ginza.

I think Ginza could easily serve as a case study in a marketing or business course. They are humble, have genuinely good services and girls, give good value. These attributes are noticed by people and this generates alot of goodwill to them and forum contributors give them free publicitly by doing ARs and commenting on how good they are in other ways, just like I am doing now, and no I don't have any arrangements with them.
    I'm talking about money, turnover, number of customers before and after the bumps, the facts, not theory or assumption, so the shops don't have to blindly follow any school of thoughts !

I'm talking about money, turnover, number of customers before and after the bumps, the facts, not theory or assumption, so the shops don't have to blindly follow any school of thoughts !
    Do you know these details about the shops then ?

Quote Originally Posted by CunningLinguist View Post
    Do you know these details about the shops then ?
    Not details, I'm not silly enough to ask for details of other's business. But I was told it's worth it !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    rooter's got a good point - we're not their primary target base for advertising and that's fair enough. But I really think they're chasing short term gains at the expense of long term gains - and if they just bump thoughtlessly, they would not be able to ever see this. It doesn't mean they know better. They might even end up in a cycle where if they don't bump, they can't draw in the new client base because the regulars on this forum don't want to read the reviews. Seriously, instead of alienating the people that regularly visit this forum, wouldn't it be better to win loyal supporters who will actually create content and keep the discussion going without the shop intervening every day? Like, if they win the regulars on this forum instead of the newbies, wouldn't they be more likely to get more ARs written, and the more there is, isn't that better for business in the end?

I'm not saying don't bump threads at all, I'm just saying there must be better ways than bumping multiple threads for every single girl that are working every single day, especially reviews that have been around for months. If shops really want to get the 99% that never writes ARs to write - I think what shops like 45 George and TP 64 does is a great way to get people to write ARs and keep things fresh - and promos like this will also a win new client base that will potentially end up as repeaters if the quality and value for money is really there. It's a win-win situation, really. It can win them a genuine loyal fan base like Ginza have been able to do - they've lured people like me through prices that were ridiculously low to their amazing girls, as well as good humble customer service, not through excessive advertising. And even now that the prices have increased, we still want more, and what's more we want to share our experiences. After all if the girls are good, and there is value for money, someone will surely write about them, and if there's a loyal fan base that keeps the discussion going, there'll be no need for shops to keep bumping.
    Co-President and Chairman of the Jasmin and Hoshi Fan Clubs | The Ultimate Index - The Girls of Ginza | The Girls of 5*

One thing you guys haven't considered is bumped threads are not targeting only on customers, they are targeting potential new recruits too ! When a girl wants to get a job in the industry, very likely she would browse through the forum to see which shop is busier and pays better, that's another reason why shops want to stay visible all the time !

Banned
    One thing you guys haven't considered is bumped threads are not targeting only on customers, they are targeting potential new recruits too ! When a girl wants to get a job in the industry, very likely she would browse through the forum to see which shop is busier and pays better, that's another reason why shops want to stay visible all the time !
    Someone better tell Dolly to start bumping the fuck outta his thread then. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Punter Poontang View Post
    Someone better tell Dolly to start bumping the fuck outta his thread then. :-P
    Dolly doesn't have any reports to bump nor any track record to boast, so he has to resort to other means for now !

Haha, after 4 pages and 126 posts, we are still where we started !!

Nothing is gonna to change if the shop owners don't want to come to the party!

I guess first and forth most everyone must acknowledge the importance of paying advertisers and their rights to market = bumping their threads onto the front page, preferably up the top which is the most prominent (try google!)

But I just have one question, would a maximum of five threads per shop or per paying customer be an acceptable amount of "Spams" that everyone can live with!

I think people are annoyed when they see 10,11,12,13,14,15 ....threads from the same shop on the front page and they were all refreshed by the shop owner so there were nothing new there.

BTW, if certain shops actually pay 3/4 times more money for their ads in the forum then I suppose they are entitled to post more, but if everyone pay the same fees, then it's a bit unfair that the few shops who bumped all the times occupied most of the first couple of pages, if these threads were posted by members. Then of course we don't have any issue with that!

Another question, and sorry if I put 45 George on the spot here, I don't mind seeing say Bonny's ? Reviews got bumped up regularly, I did that for Mimi all the times too, but do you need to bump 5 or 6 threads all for the same girl ??

I still don't have the answer, I'm just saying this -

May be Admin can put a small rule out to test the water:

Shop owners at any given time are Not allowed to post (bump) more than 3 (this could be 5, but I think 3 is a reasonable no. Considering we have so many advertisers now) threads from his/her shop on to the front page!

Then they will have to think or choose carefully which thread to be placed on to the front page, may be one with the roster plus two of their more popular girls who are working today. In the case of 5 Star, that probably will be their Lucky 14, plus one for the Penthouse and one other, that's pretty much what they are doing anyway!

Any excess threads , like the 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 or so on will be locked temporary until they drop out of the front page, Admin do this for a few weeks and everyone will be falling in line.

Everyone can still do what they are doing now, but the no. of threads will be vastly reduced (3 per shop).

All the threads from those dynamic shop owners will be still up front but it will be maximum three instead of 10 or 15!!

I think this can be done and a more level playing field !

If only Admin is willing to address the issue !!

Just my 3 cents!

Cheers

13 from MOC right now in GT !

8 from TMC in AR !

Banned
    So its ok for you to bump threads and post rosters in general talk and after report sections?

Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    13 from MOC right now in GT !

8 from TMC in AR !

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast