Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Tony Abbott be the new PM today !!

Could Tony Abbott be the new PM today !!

Well, Julia has lost her job as the PM of Australia , people keep saying Rudd is the new PM, I thought I throw something on to the ring!

The labour was able to form the minority government because because they secured the support of 4 of the 6 independent MPs

Earlier this morning Tony Windsor and Robb Oakeshott both announced that they won't be running in the next election.

And I think they made it quite clear that they made a deal with Julia Gillard to support labour to form government in 2010, but they said they have No deal with Rudd!

So when Parliment resume in the morning, what if Tony Abbott moves for a no confidences vote in the Parliment and Windsor and Oateshott withdraw their support to labour, Tony Abbott could be in a position to form a new government and delay the election until November!

I am no Australian politics experts, but my calculation is the coalition could have the 76 seats needed to form government !

That could be very interesting !!

Not impossible though

Cheers
    Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

Well, we all knew the answer to the title question was NO,

But Abbott did win the subsequent election by the landslide, got his well deserved mandate, only to have lost it in the Boardroom to Turnbull, who is now seemingly more likely will need the support of some of the Independent MP's to form a minority government and say his own job.

And the double dissolution he called hoping to stamp out some of the micro party Senators had backfired spectacularly! He even brought back "Please explain" Pauline !!

Now, here is a question to you Malcolm, Please explain how could you get it so horribly Wrong ?? May be you should have offered a job to Peta Credlin just for the election ??
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Voting in an election is like going to Bunnings.

You stand in a queue, eat a sausage, then come out with a lot of useless tools

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    Voting in an election is like going to Bunnings.

You stand in a queue, eat a sausage, then come out with a lot of useless tools

Yeap, you can tell me about that !!

My area is a very safe Labour seat, so eventhough I voted for the Liberal candidate and placed the sitting Labour MP last and numbered 1-12 to all the Liberal candidates in the Senate paper, and I saw the result on Saturday night, it made me wonder, why bothered ??

ps. but the real shitty facts of all these are: I actually can't afford any housing in those blue ribbon Liberal areas like the Hills District, Northern Beached or the Easter Suburbs , so WT ??
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Well, we all knew the answer to the title question was NO,

But Abbott did win the subsequent election by the landslide, got his well deserved mandate, only to have lost it in the Boardroom to Turnbull, who is now seemingly more likely will need the support of some of the Independent MP's to form a minority government and say his own job.

And the double dissolution he called hoping to stamp out some of the micro party Senators had backfired spectacularly! He even brought back "Please explain" Pauline !!

Now, here is a question to you Malcolm, Please explain how could you get it so horribly Wrong ?? May be you should have offered a job to Peta Credlin just for the election ??
    Tony Abbott didn't even win it, Labor just lost it in a landslide !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Senior Member(無間使者)

Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post
    Tony Abbott didn't even win it, Labor just lost it in a landslide !
    As wilisno aptly pointed out Abbott DIDN'T win it, Labor lost it - badly. And the ONLY reason that Abbott did win was because he promised to keep the majority of social justice policies originated by the Labor party in place (Gonski, no cuts to healthcare etc etc). Voters recognised that these were (and are) good ideas, but thought the Libs could run them better. Then he changed his tune as soon as he got in.

In other words he lied. About nearly everything.

Which makes the Libs bleating on and on about the dishonesty of the "Medicare scare campaign" in this election so ludicrously hypocritical. Especially as there are strong questions as to whether it was a scare campaign or not, for example if you want to get an sti panel done now, good luck with bulk-billing! (To use an example pertinent to this forum).

You ask what went wrong? That's a simple question to answer. The biggest error was being beholden to the far-right of the party. Simple fact is, the LNP lost NONE of this supposed "base". Where they lost voters was in the centre of politics.

Second biggest error was calling a double dissolution in order to start a building commission (which had already been done), not to get rid of the minor parties in the senate. And then, THEN barely mention this at all in the campaign. If it was so important as to dissolve Parliament, why not use it in the election?

One thing is clear (to anyone other than Bolt and the morons who believe what he writes), if Abbott/Credlin had still been in charge there would not have been a double dissolution and the likes of Pooline and Hinch would not have gotten in BUT the LNP would have lost in a landslide.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    The erection is well hung!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyphil View Post
    As wilisno aptly pointed out Abbott DIDN'T win it, Labor lost it - badly. And the ONLY reason that Abbott did win was because he promised to keep the majority of social justice policies originated by the Labor party in place (Gonski, no cuts to healthcare etc etc). Voters recognised that these were (and are) good ideas, but thought the Libs could run them better. Then he changed his tune as soon as he got in.

In other words he lied. About nearly everything.

Which makes the Libs bleating on and on about the dishonesty of the "Medicare scare campaign" in this election so ludicrously hypocritical. Especially as there are strong questions as to whether it was a scare campaign or not, for example if you want to get an sti panel done now, good luck with bulk-billing! (To use an example pertinent to this forum).

You ask what went wrong? That's a simple question to answer. The biggest error was being beholden to the far-right of the party. Simple fact is, the LNP lost NONE of this supposed "base". Where they lost voters was in the centre of politics.

Second biggest error was calling a double dissolution in order to start a building commission (which had already been done), not to get rid of the minor parties in the senate. And then, THEN barely mention this at all in the campaign. If it was so important as to dissolve Parliament, why not use it in the election?

One thing is clear (to anyone other than Bolt and the morons who believe what he writes), if Abbott/Credlin had still been in charge there would not have been a double dissolution and the likes of Pooline and Hinch would not have gotten in BUT the LNP would have lost in a landslide.
    Agreed! I think you've nailed the sentiment of a significant proportion of the voting public. Further supported in the Economist this week.

Banned
    The election is a waste of money and time . It dosen't matter who win . Nothing is going to change . It is the same old shit . One party promise they will do everything but at the end did nothing . Then the other party take over and did nothing as well so it they just taking turn to run the government with the same result , we still going to have a high foreign debt which costing us $1.3 billion just interest becuase we buy or relied on too many import but not enough export , high housing prices because we allow too many foreign investor who bought our land and rent it out to us . Australia is third world in the making . We be better off having a hung parliament for the next 3 years , then we might done something Good for Australia .

How old is Peter Costello ?? Can he still do something for the country ??

Banned
    How old is Peter Costello ?? Can he still do something for the country ??
    He never did anything before except happen to be treasurer during the mining boom when we had massive revenue coming in which he totally wasted.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecool View Post
    The election is a waste of money and time . It dosen't matter who win . Nothing is going to change . It is the same old shit . One party promise they will do everything but at the end did nothing . Then the other party take over and did nothing as well so it they just taking turn to run the government with the same result , we still going to have a high foreign debt which costing us $1.3 billion just interest becuase we buy or relied on too many import but not enough export , high housing prices because we allow too many foreign investor who bought our land and rent it out to us . Australia is third world in the making . We be better off having a hung parliament for the next 3 years , then we might done something Good for Australia .
    It'd be a good idea to check your fact's before you rant. There is very little evidence to suggest foreign investment is a significant cause of rising house prices. Several factors are at play in Sydney. These include ( in no specific order) limited supply of land, new road and rail infrastructure for the first time in years, rising urban population, negative gearing.

This is the biggest, most liveable city in our region. That it also has sustained positive growth throughout the gfc makes me not at all surprised that all sorts of prices are rising relatively fast when compared with many other regions and cities.

Banned
    Ok. If you think my fact is wrong then prove it to me of how we better than say 5 or 1o years ago . If you think we have shortage of housing due to shortage of land and new road built than why we need let wealth oversea buyer to buy our land and rent it out to us . What is your logics for this ? How long have you being living in Sydney . are you tell me that we are better than we were 10 to 20 yeas ago . Check your facts . We shift most our manufacture to oversea like the closing of car manufacture like ford , Holden and Toyota . And out source our job to oversea . What growth in the gfc we keep selling our nature resource to China and they sell their imports of goods back to us . And our debt is increasing every years . What do you know about negative gearing . If the demand for the housing are so high already why we still to encourage investor to buy it and jack up the housing prices .

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Ok. If you think my fact is wrong then prove it to me of how we better than say 5 or 1o years ago . If you think we have shortage of housing due to shortage of land and new road built than why we need let wealth oversea buyer to buy our land and rent it out to us . What is your logics for this ? How long have you being living in Sydney . are you tell me that we are better than we were 10 to 20 yeas ago . Check your facts . We shift most our manufacture to oversea like the closing of car manufacture like ford , Holden and Toyota . And out source our job to oversea . What growth in the gfc we keep selling our nature resource to China and they sell their imports of goods back to us . And our debt is increasing every years . What do you know about negative gearing . If the demand for the housing are so high already why we still to encourage investor to buy it and jack up the housing prices .
    There will never be any proof, but the basis of our differing opinions is, it seems where we read our news and gather our evidence. I've been living in Sydney for over 25 years - not that bears any relevance to the discussion. One example of a respected a-political economist is Saul Eastlake and I've found a research paper of his - copied below. There's many more similarly balanced, apolitical research papers if you should choose look for them. Simply listening to mainstream media or politicians won't always give you a very balance view on key issues that affect you. Using scapegoats may make you feel better but they won't help you cope better in an expensive, growing and generally propserous city.

Saul Eslake, economist at Merrill Lynch Australia, says Australians live in some of the world’s most expensive housing both in absolute terms and relative to incomes.

In a research note to clients, he outlines his take on why Australian housing is so relatively expensive:

World-wide, housing tends to be expensive in cities with populations of over 1 million, and a higher proportion of Australians live in such cities than anywhere else except Hong Kong and Singapore;
    Because Australian cities cover very large areas but their outer suburbs are often poorly serviced by roads and public transport, Australians have increasingly chosen to spend a higher proportion of their incomes on housing so as to spend a smaller proportion of their time commuting;
    Australians tend to live in larger houses or apartments than people in most other countries, something not captured in international comparisons;
    Australians are now among the world’s highest income-earners on average and can thus afford to live in more expensive housing;
    Unlike the US, Spain or Ireland, but like the UK, Australia has a long-standing physical shortage of housing, relative to the “underlying” demand for it; and
    Australia’s tax system plays an unusual role in encouraging individual investment in residential real estate, which serves to inflate housing prices.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by birch View Post
    There will never be any proof, but the basis of our differing opinions is, it seems where we read our news and gather our evidence. I've been living in Sydney for over 25 years - not that bears any relevance to the discussion. One example of a respected a-political economist is Saul Eastlake and I've found a research paper of his - copied below. There's many more similarly balanced, apolitical research papers if you should choose look for them. Simply listening to mainstream media or politicians won't always give you a very balance view on key issues that affect you. Using scapegoats may make you feel better but they won't help you cope better in an expensive, growing and generally propserous city.

Saul Eslake, economist at Merrill Lynch Australia, says Australians live in some of the world’s most expensive housing both in absolute terms and relative to incomes.

In a research note to clients, he outlines his take on why Australian housing is so relatively expensive:

World-wide, housing tends to be expensive in cities with populations of over 1 million, and a higher proportion of Australians live in such cities than anywhere else except Hong Kong and Singapore;
    Because Australian cities cover very large areas but their outer suburbs are often poorly serviced by roads and public transport, Australians have increasingly chosen to spend a higher proportion of their incomes on housing so as to spend a smaller proportion of their time commuting;
    Australians tend to live in larger houses or apartments than people in most other countries, something not captured in international comparisons;
    Australians are now among the world’s highest income-earners on average and can thus afford to live in more expensive housing;
    Unlike the US, Spain or Ireland, but like the UK, Australia has a long-standing physical shortage of housing, relative to the “underlying” demand for it; and
    Australia’s tax system plays an unusual role in encouraging individual investment in residential real estate, which serves to inflate housing prices.
    Here is nothing but fact and data
    Since 2010, foreign debt has increased by almost $350 billion. And it now represents almost 60% of Australia’s GDP. if it keep going like this , our counrty will be bankrupt like greece and hows this going effects us , it mean more taxes coming our way , it is happening now the govenment has hire more Public Services in the ATO who do nothing but thinking new way to tax us . just from the last couple years , the ATO has Got rid of all tax Rebate in our tax return they do what ever they can to get more taxes from like more tax audits , data matching . higher Penalties and this year our medcare levy has increase from 1.5 to 2.0 meaning we get less tax refund
    http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/wha...cw/2015/09/01/

And it looks like the Liberals are going to win again.

Great! Now they can continue to rape Australia of its last remaining resources, fuck our education and social services, keep our internet in the stone age, tank our economy, and still manage to turn a nice little profit for themselves.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Here is nothing but fact and data
    Since 2010, foreign debt has increased by almost $350 billion. And it now represents almost 60% of Australia’s GDP. if it keep going like this , our counrty will be bankrupt like greece and hows this going effects us , it mean more taxes coming our way , it is happening now the govenment has hire more Public Services in the ATO who do nothing but thinking new way to tax us . just from the last couple years , the ATO has Got rid of all tax Rebate in our tax return they do what ever they can to get more taxes from like more tax audits , data matching . higher Penalties and this year our medcare levy has increase from 1.5 to 2.0 meaning we get less tax refund
    http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/wha...cw/2015/09/01/
    The daily reckoning?? are you for real?? The bias you expose yourself to is breathtaking. At least if you're looking for facts about the nation's debt - have a look at the treasury website - after all it is they who issue the debt! Currently national debt is sitting at about 27% of GDP. I agree it's high and the trend is in the wrong direction, but its not a crisis and it won't be solved in a year or two - probably more likely in 5- 10 years.

http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliame...-debt-position

Your original beef was about foreign interests buying Sydney properties at such a rate that it is having an impact on housing affordability. This is simply not true and there's plenty of evidence to show that other factors are far more dominant. Now you're worried about tax - who's advise have you been listening to on this topic? please don't tell me its something as dodgy as the dailyreckoning...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longtimelover View Post
    Discussing politics on a sex forum is similar to school kids taking about sports!
    I'm trying hard not to discuss politics - but I don't get it when people choose to inform themselves badly and then get all frustrated with what they've 'learnt' to the point they have to have public rants where they sprout off all sorts of misinformation.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Another good explanation of Australia's debt position and why the measure itself is a pretty blunt tool. https://www.theguardian.com/business...you-look-at-it

Quote Originally Posted by birch View Post
    they sprout off all sorts of misinformation.
    *spout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast