Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: If anyone who said test cricket is boring, watch the Ashes now !!

Banned
    Well they keep picking Marsh he has made 6 ducks in 9 test matches.

Shure he got a century in the first test be he is so unreliable.

We have got to pick some consistent batsmen that can apply themselves and dig in a get a score when its needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneonone View Post
    Well they keep picking Marsh he has made 6 ducks in 9 test matches.

Shure he got a century in the first test be he is so unreliable.

We have got to pick some consistent batsmen that can apply themselves and dig in a get a score when its needed.
    James Faulkner is so unlucky and he was in such a good form when finally got a run at the ODI's - after carrying drinks throughout the Ashes.

With Watson's out, if Faulkner would have been fit, I would put JF in SW's place and recall Phil Hughes !! No Doolan or Marsh !
    Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

Since we are not doing too much with the cricket this week, may be we should go gossiping like what's Warnie been up to ??

Check out his new inning girl - a 40 yr old busty blonde MILF, the bra queen from Britain - Michelle Mone - doesn't she look like Simone ??

「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Because Captain Clarke is actually OUT OF FORM at the moment, dispite his "Absolutely NOT!" denial !!

When your best batsman is only making 60 runs over 4 innings, he is out of form: 23,17,19,1 (still better than Graeme Smith's 33 though!)

But what happened to Brad Haddin ? 0,1,1 !! WTF !!

This is the same person who made 493 runs against England in 8 innings with an average of 61 ??

Personally I think the aussie boys have run out of puff, this will be 8 tests in 13 weeks with basically the same side.
    If they can win the 3rd test vs South Africa it will be a remarkable achievement

Jury is out on Marsh and Doolan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    James Faulkner is so unlucky and he was in such a good form when finally got a run at the ODI's - after carrying drinks throughout the Ashes.

With Watson's out, if Faulkner would have been fit, I would put JF in SW's place and recall Phil Hughes !! No Doolan or Marsh !
    That's probably not a bad move to put James back in but I would not pick Watson even if he is fit.

He is like Marsh can have a big innings every now and then but is not reliable enough for a test match.

That's probably not a bad move to put James back in but I would not pick Watson even if he is fit.

He is like Marsh can have a big innings every now and then but is not reliable enough for a test match.
    With the whole batting line up so unreliable, I don't know whoes worst, stick with Marsh (and not sure whether the 1st test Marsh or 2nd test Marsh will turn up) or stick with Watson if he can bowl as well ??

Are the T20 team at South Africa yet ??

Why can't we pick Aaron Finch or Cameron White ??
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

The difference is with the ball, I don't blame the batters much at all. It is the same thing that happens in England, slow to medium pace wickets but after 25-30 overs the ball starts reverse swinging. This type of swing happens late so it is really difficult to adjust. They made sure they had a slowish pitch this time because Australia isn't used to it. The kookaburra balls we use don't reverse anywhere near as much as the balls the pommies and proteas use. Hence the shock the English had here, remember they successfully had the ball changed in the first test because it wasn't reversing as they thought it would. Well that didn't happen much in all 5 tests and Australian batters did much better. Now we have to learn the art of reverse swing, no one can get much reverse swing in the aussie team. In my opinion until we learn to bowl reverse swing we will struggle on overseas slow pitches. Whats the bet the next pitch will be fixed to be slow?

So, do you think we can bounce back in Cape Town and win the series 2-1 ???

Banned
    Sorry to say I don't think so! Its one thing to loose but to get thumped and go down with out a whimper only two batsmen getting more than 6.

Sorry to say I don't think so! Its one thing to loose but to get thumped and go down with out a whimper only two batsmen getting more than 6.
    I think the Tab agrees, the Aussie is now out to $3.10 and the Proteas $2.15 to win !

Banned
    3rd test starts to night in Cape Town lets hope we win the toss bat first and post 450 if we can do that it will be game on!

Banned
    One for 70 Rogers is out for 25 Dolan yet to score so not a bad start lets go on from here, not sure who is playing at this stage!

Banned
    looks like Watson is playing whats the odds for him getting less than 10 runs!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Great start for Aussie 1/117, yeah hope it will pass 400 runs and we will have a good chance.

2 for 176

Clarkey is struggling a little bit and got hit a few times but he came in at no 4 to take on the Proteas, hope to see him at the stumps!

Warner is on fire ! He can win this for us !!

Go Aussie !

3 for 331 at Stumps

Clarkey at 92 no, Smith at 50!

The Aussie are in the drivers seat to win this test !

Banned
    That's more like it Batsmen about time Clarke came good and a great 135 to Warner! Well done so far lets give it to the SA.

We need Johnson and co to fire up next!

That's more like it Batsmen about time Clarke came good and a great 135 to Warner! Well done so far lets give it to the SA.

We need Johnson and co to fire up next!
    Morkel has hit Michael Clarke so many times and drew blood , expect Johnson and Pattison to return it 10 times when they have the ball in their hands later !!

C'Mon Clarkey, give us a big big hundred !!

Banned
    Yes lets hope Clark can make a big 100 it would be nice to see Smith get one as well.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Steve Smith could be anything, he is turning out to be the mike hussy replacement we needed in the middle order
    If he keeps doing well, then expect him to be captain in a year or two (when Clarke retires)

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast