Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: If anyone who said test cricket is boring, watch the Ashes now !!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    The best thing about this coverage of the Ashes is the English commentary team.
    The English are the best commentators, especially for cricket and football.
    Michael Holding's Jamaican accent is awesome too! - makes you want to roll up a big spliff and chill out!
    I've been close to turning the sound down tbh, they're all shitting me. Would much prefer if Channel 9 ponied up to send Richie & Bill over there.

Six down! Four to go !

Just get rid of Ian Bell and we are on to the tail enders!

C'mon boys !!

I like to see Watson to open and make 50 tonight !!

Cheers

Banned
    Get fucked you blind Paki bastard .... horrible decision from the ump, and Broad needs to be smacked upside his head for not walking.

Cheating cunts the both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Punter Poontang View Post
    Get fucked you blind Paki bastard .... horrible decision from the ump, and Broad needs to be smacked upside his head for not walking.

Cheating cunts the both of them.
    That was such a big nick! How could the umpire not sees it !!

I was just about to type a post that Agar has got his revenge as he just got the wicket of Broad who ruined his maiden century, bloody hell !!

Don't give up boys, hang in there and break the damn partnership !!

Well, if we don't get these two out quickly, they are going to do a Hughes/Agar to us like what we did to them last night !!

BTW, is anyone switching between cricket and Pop Asia from SBS 2 ??

I can't help it when I look at all those Korean girls I will be thinking about the line ups in a Korean shop !!

May be its just me

Cheers

Banned
    So, 311 needed to win it. Poms have gotta be favourites from here considering how many times our top order has failed recently, but it's certainly not an impossible ask.

Just hope our boys preserve their wickets as the first priority. No need to take any risks chasing that total down, loads of time if we're not throwing wickets away.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    BTW, is anyone switching between cricket and Pop Asia from SBS 2 ??

I can't help it when I look at all those Korean girls I will be thinking about the line ups in a Korean shop !!

May be its just me

Cheers
    Nope, not just you. My favourite is Girls Generation "paparazzi", man that film clip gets me licking paint off the walls..

But no not watching now, I only get my k-pop fill when I have dinner in Eastwood or Strathfield...

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    So, 311 needed to win it. Poms have gotta be favourites from here considering how many times our top order has failed recently, but it's certainly not an impossible ask.

Just hope our boys preserve their wickets as the first priority. No need to take any risks chasing that total down, loads of time if we're not throwing wickets away.
    Not impossible as long as they don't go about playing stupid shots. Having said that our top order is brittle so it's a big ask to set a ground record run chase..

Well the chase is on !

It's basically 200 to win with 8 wickets in hand!

Both the openers are doing OK, Rogers is still there, if he and Clarkey can bat out the last session we can win this tomorrow!

Ed Cowan must be dropped and let Warner back in for the second test !!

The formula is simple if either Clarke or Rogers can make a Ton. We shall win !!

The top and middle order must stand up, I don't think we can rely on another Hughes/Agar partnership again......lol

Go Aussie

Oi Oi Oi

Shit !

The Captain is gone !

150 more runs needed!

England on a hat trick , 5 wickets left, can anyone from the team stand up to the Pommy attack ??

OK Haddin and Agar survived the session, 137 is not a huge total to chase down if only we have a few more wickets in hand!

Well, we can win this with a 137 runs partnership or England will bowl us out in the morning session.

Or we can pray for a rain delay and save a draw out of the first test !

This is gonna be tough !

Good night !

Banned
    I swear, if Clarkey selfishly wastes another DRS review trying to save his own arse instead of doing what's best for the team, I will fly to Lords and stab him to death with a stump.

A-grade fucking arrogant wanker.

Big, big day tomorrow. At least the tail have had plenty of practice after top order collapses, would love it if Agar can stick about to the end!!

Big, big day tomorrow. At least the tail have had plenty of practice after top order collapses, would love it if Agar can stick about to the end!!
    You are not wrong there, we know Haddin can bat, just don't know if he can defense all the England bowlers long enough to make enough runs, same for Agar, wouldn't that be nice if he top score in the second innings as well.

But the tail Enders can score some runs too, Starc had a 99 and average 32! Pattinson has a 42 and average 28!

If they all chip in and contribute their average runs, we can still win this, don't give up your wicket so cheaply guys!!

Cheers

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Don't forget siddle can bat too...

Banned
    Well I would love to see the Aussies get up but to be fair they have been out played in every aspect of the game. we cant expect Agar to save us again and he doesn't have a batsman with him now.

What's Cowan doing in the side he has no idea how to bat! Some of the others aren't much better we had almost 2 days to bat for 311 runs where are the basics play straight particularly when the ball is pitched up. This is the 2nd thing you tell a kid the first thing is how to hold the bat.

Mind you the bowling isn't much better you have two hours before the game to warm up you know your going to bowl the first ball is so high and wide the wicket keep can't even reach it. I have coached kids from 6 upwards and never seen one bowl a ball that bad what are they doing or thinking their mind is not on the job.

Ah well it will be all over by lunch and another loss and from here on we won't even get a look in.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneonone View Post
    Ah well it will be all over by lunch and another loss and from here on we won't even get a look in.
    That's the worrying thing, this match is so winnable and they haven't done much. If we can't chase down 311, in two days, on the most docile pitch in test history, we'll have thrown it away and the series will be gone ..... no way we will be in a position to win another two tests as comfortably, and any confidence we had will take a battering. Simply have to win this one tonight.

Just a wild shot in the dark, can we say for example Pattison is sick and can't bat and throw David Warner in at no. 9 instead ??

He was on the field as a fielder in the first innings so apparently he is allowed to be there just wasn't picked !!

What do you guys think? If he survives the first few overs, he can score 50 in very quick time !!

That could be enough to win and exactly what we need right now - a huge weapon !

Cheers

Just one other thing, I think the England bowling attack is far more superior than ours. Anderson and Swann are so dangerous and experienced and probably at the peak of their career while most of our boys are just starting!

And the scary thing is they still have a bowler like Bresnan sitting on the bench !!

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    No you can't 'sub' players. Even if a player literally dies mid-test you must bat without them. 12th men are only allowed to field, no bowling or batting.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast