Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Senior Member(無間使者)

Watches

Anyone here into watches? What do you wear and what's in your collection?

I'm starting to get into the looks of some of them, especially Tag, but I just can't bring myself to spend thousands on something that just tells the time.

Do you think a man should have at least one decent watch in his repertoire?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I have a Tag Heuer Carrera 44mm, I love it, yes there are nicer watches out. I believe a man should have a quality time piece if you have the money for it they can be a good investment also depending what brand you purchase etc.

Banned
    Hard, almost impossible to buy certain top end brands new. The manufacturers use the covid excuse. Consequently prices second hand are higher than new pricing.

New $52k but cannot get, sec hand $56k and a year old. This sort of thing.

Chrono24.com is a decent site to go looking.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Incubi View Post
    I have a Tag Heuer Carrera 44mm, I love it, yes there are nicer watches out. I believe a man should have a quality time piece if you have the money for it they can be a good investment also depending what brand you purchase etc.
    A couple of lesbian friends gave me a gold timepiece. They misunderstood when I said, "I wanna watch."

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If you just want a great watch without breaking the budget, look into Seiko watches, they are durable and fashionable at the same time,
    My daily is a Tag Heuer Connected Titanium E4,

Senior Member(無間使者)
    i bought a mechanical watch in japan (orient star) about 10 years ago for about $400 ... still goes strong now and looks elegant!
    i joined the digital fad with fitbits and garmins etc but recently ditched them for classic watches again

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Python View Post
    If you just want a great watch without breaking the budget, look into Seiko watches, they are durable and fashionable at the same time,
    My daily is a Tag Heuer Connected Titanium E4,
    I have Seiko cost $200 still going strong after 30 years. It got date and day but can't see in the dark and need to change battery every 3 years.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Fuck and here I am thinking it's only WLs and MLs that like to look at clocks

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    Nice.

Myself, I like my Swiss watch, Casio Data Bank. Not Swiss you say? Wrong, bought it in Zurich. Of course, the Swiss girl I was talking to in the bar, she bragging everything in Switzerland was fantastic, didn't think it was a Swiss watch and couldn't see the humor, but Swiss are not exactly known for their sense of humor. Just get a pick and yodel...

Banned
    Have some, going to buy more. One of the trends is getting your watch “blacked out”. Looks nice.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    I'm not a collector but I do appreciate a good mechanical watch. I like the feeling of wearing the craftsmanship on my wrist. Been wearing my Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra for 15 years now. Had to get it serviced last year though.

I got it because it's a chronometer, so time keeping is as accurate as it gets for a mechanical watch. Plus the movement is completely in-house built by Omega, not using a third party mass produced movement like the ETA ones.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldBubbles View Post
    A couple of lesbian friends gave me a gold timepiece. They misunderstood when I said, "I wanna watch."
    Haha, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post
    Very good. 🙂

I have a Tag Link from years ago, but never wear it these days as I can't live without my Garmin. I was very tempted by a Panerai Luminor Marina Carbotech, but don't think I'd get the use out of it to justify the cost.

Banned
    It made me go overseas very soon to get myself a present. Things you gotta do. YOLO right!

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    I have a few watches, nothing too flash, but really only wear my fitbit these days because of gym, sleep cycle etc. So I have a TAG Formula 1, a Masersti Traguardo, a Nike Triax, a Casio ProTrek all lying around doing nothing.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    I do love watches but it's a shame we can only wear one at a time. So I've only got a Longines master collection. Think the item code is L2.759.4.78.3

If I was going to get another one then I'd go for something sporty maybe a bit out there. The Breitling Superocean watches look quite bold and sporty.

My other hand I've got my fitbit which I'm addicted to. Check it every 3 minutes when I'm at the gym to see what my heartrate is lol.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Yeah that's the thing with watches. You can only wear one at a time. That makes owning more than 1 mechanical watch a real pain because they will lose power and stop after 2-3 days of non-use. You'd then have to set the time and date again the next time you want to wear it.

Either that or get automatic watch winders but they're a hassle to use, take up space and you could easily forget about wearing that watch again, lol.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Yeah, my fetish are Omega watches. I have a Speedmaster Pro and Aqua Terra, both mechanical and with the proper movements which are sought after.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Yeah that's the thing with watches. You can only wear one at a time. That makes owning more than 1 mechanical watch a real pain because they will lose power and stop after 2-3 days of non-use. You'd then have to set the time and date again the next time you want to wear it.

Either that or get automatic watch winders but they're a hassle to use, take up space and you could easily forget about wearing that watch again, lol.
    You can't think of a luxury watch as a convenience. Just like an older Lambo or Ferrari, the engine warm up time is like 10 minutes, and then you have to drive carefully by skipping certain gears until the gearbox is warm too. Luxury goods are all about status, never about convenience.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I have a couple of Rolex copies where it is impossible to tell they aren’t genuine

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Got a couple of Rado & Panerai watches that I rotate & wear every few months. Simple design without being over the top.

My daily drivers are a couple of Seiko's, good solid watches.

Can't get into those fitbit style watches, I just want to know what the time is FFS. Heh.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast