Thread: Hewitt has a big heart but Tomic was really disappointing !!

Hewitt has a big heart but Tomic was really disappointing !!

I never like Lleyton Hewitt until recently . I used to cheer for his opponents when he was playing against Federer and co.

But last time in Brisbane I was on his side when he beat Federer in the final, Hewitt is a good player clearly past his prime and has enough money never has to work again but for the love of the game, he plays on relying on the only weapon he has over all those big guns - his own big heart.

None more obvious than yesterday when he was down two sets against Seppi and fought his way to the fifth set and has a match point on Seppi's serve and got an Ace !

Hewitt lost eventually after battling for 4 hr + in 42 degree heat, the guy gave his all, it wasn't good enough on the day but he did his country proud ,and can hold his head high !

Good on you Lleyton, hope your 32 yr old body can hold up for as long as your heart desires!

C'MON !

The same thing, unfortunately can not be said about Tomic !

Not sure how serious was his injury and lots of comments were flying around that he faked it !! To avoid a heavy defeat in the hands of Nadal!!

But lots of elite sportsmen play through injury and Nadal for one always played through pain or discomfort on his knees and never used it as an excuse for losses!

If Tomic has any heart or mental toughness, he should play on and perhaps just limited his movements in court. It was a packed RL Arena and millions of his fellow countrymen watching on TV all cheering for him, it's his home grandslam and he let his country down for not putting up a fight ! He could have won lots of friends last night if he stood up like a man!

That's all I want to say, if he can't play through pain, he can never be a top 10 player!!

What are your thoughts ???
    Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

Banned
    Well, it s difficult enough to face Nadal. And to do it with an injury? (Assuming it s a real one)

I thnk that decision is made by brain and not heart. Sure he would show a lot of pride by continuing, but he owes it to himself as well to not risk a further aggravated injury.

Agam, this is assuming it is a real injury.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Tomic the Tank. He is disgraceful and full of b*shit.

He just wanted to avoid the devastating loss like the one he had few days ago at the hand of del portro.

For him to be top 10, (too good for him already, let alone top 5), he needs to grow up like a man, sacks his father as a coach and cut his penis off so he does not waste energy at gold coast night club.

but then if he cuts it off, can he still grow up like a man?????? hmmm probably not.

so based on that rationale, he can never be top 10.

case solved.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    who does not have injury? nadal play through with bad knee, federer play through with bad back, hewiit play through with bad toe. they never pull out in the middle and that is why they are champ.

if it is that serious, he would not start the match.

just soft.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yeap agree on what you said on Hewitt, i always like him, even when his "C'mon" kinda getting annoyed but still love his play. For Tomic, farked spoiled brat, it doesn't look serious hurt anyway, look at the other Aussie Thanasi Kokkinakis (btw what a name), He was cramping and fight till the end too. Just different mind set, i never like Tomic anyway.

Banned
    Boo-ing a player that was forced to forfeit a match due to injury is a new low for australian sport. It showed a total lack of class and reinforced melbourne's reputation as the bogan capital of australia

Banned
    I guess if your playing the world no one then you need to be at your peak just to make a game of it.

If you have an injury then you just have no chance and to be fair we don't know how serious the injury is and he probably doesn't either.

Having said that it was disappointing to see him have to give up.

Australians all like a fighter and that is one of the things they admire most about players like Hewitt and Stosur.

I never like Tomic myself, it brings back memories of another good player from that region whose career sort of ruined by her father, Jelena Dokic that was !

That said, Tennis is a sport, unlike UFC fighters, although they are still classified as sportsmen, who would have no chance of advancement if he doesn't show " Heart " ! Dana White would cut him loose if he's not selling tickets !

For a Tennis player, it doesn't work that way, he's better off live and fight another day, the ranking points are accumulated, it won't be affected by the giving up on one match. If the injury is genuine, sure he doesn't want to aggravate it further by toughing it out !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations