Thread: Ada, a HK jazz singer

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

Ada, a HK jazz singer

A rainy Sunday slows the world, mellows the mood.

There's a jazz bar in an old Hong Kong house. Upstairs, 1920s Shanghai recreated. Big bands on Saturday nights. Sunday nights reserved for single vocalists - always women, slinky, husky voiced, cheongsam wearing beauties.

Lonely chap, caught in a bind. Memories turned into fantasies. Seeks a diversion.

Mina sends in Tiffany. Straight from a 1960s communist party poster. Perfect complexion, rosy cheeks, perky youthful body. Dismayed at my rejection.

Waits and waits. Water served, listens as Tiffany's charms win her business.

A face appears. Only a face with a tired smile. "Hello" is offered, "I'm Ada."

My eyes must have widened. She parts the curtain and sneaks around the corner. Ada is wearing black. She has walked off that low stage, back in that old Hong Kong house. I can hear her Peggy Lee renditions.

We slink upstairs. No bonhomie, it's a silent walk. The door closes and we regard each other. No smiles, no words, but we communicate. I hand her $150, she backs out. I shower. She returns.

I'm naked. Ada peals off her black dress. No underwear. We still have not spoken another word as we face each other. I am still back in that old Hong Kong house. Ada is that jazz singer.

We come together. We caress and we kiss. Not the frenzied, tense meeting of lips that usually happens in brothels, but a soft, sensing of each other. My mind is filled with conflicting thoughts: "I must remember, I'm in a brothel and I've just paid this woman....and, how can this woman be reading my memories?....and, just enjoy the moment." She senses my troubles and gently pulls away.

She breaks the silence, but her English is poor. She struggles to understand my mandarin, but enough to tell me she is, indeed, from Hong Kong. I tell her about "Ned Kelly's Last Stand." She knows the place.

I realised that, after all these years, I am finally in the secret life of Suzie Wong. The mellow, rainy Sunday, jazz-listening mood was complete.

Ada seemed to understand my reverie. She took me by the hand and laid me down. Then she made love to me. It was probably just her routine, but to me, in that mood, it seems like she was making love.

I'm never going back to see Ada. I don't want a second meeting to break the magic of that rainy, Sunday.

That's sounds like Maggie Cheung in a period Wong Ka Wai movie !

I'll give you a perfect picture tomorrow !!

For that rainy, slowly, jazzy and moody Sunday afternoon!

Cheers

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This is the best review i've read on these forums.

It's like being taken to another world. Fantastic.

babypudge
    hahahahaha

hectic review - thanks bro!

defs on the to do list

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Fantastic review!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Great review, when I was reading it I did not care about details like is BBBJ or DATY on offer or even how much it cost for the hour, it was a little piece of how you felt. Nice.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Great stuff Wayne, enjoyed reading that.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Very nice AR Wayne, true punting fantasy, I hope it happens for you again somewhere else.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    thanks people, for your kind words. I enjoyed the fantasy.

Funnily enough, I was watching an SBS doco last week and it touched on this. It was about event horizons and how quantum physicists are hypothesising that a method to understand what is going on is to think of the world as two dimensional, pretending to be three dimensional: like a holographic picture. You think you are seeing something, and everyone around you are behaving as if what you see is real, but you are nonetheless aware it is an illusion. Buddhists have long understood this notion of maya.

Visiting brothels gets me thinking along these lines. I think, because of the starkness of my conflict between the reality of buying another human being and my self-absorption at satisfying a primal urge.

Fantasying seems to be a method to navigate through that minefield. And the fantasy of having an attractive woman's crooning seduce me, by perfectly capturing my mood, is up there high in my wheelhouse.

By the way, has anyone been to "Ned Kelly's Last Stand" recently? I was there 15 years ago and, despite the incongruity of its name, was the best old world Chinese jazzhouse in Hong Kong.

Banned
    worthless review, this is an advertisement. How old is she? fat or skinny? how does she look? pretty or ugly? long hair or short hair? color? How tall is she? breast size? what service she provided? any mark on her body?

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    xxx xxx xxx

Senior Member(無間使者)
    i could see the whole movie playing in my mind!

it was in black and white, grainy and projected with good ol fashion film...with a deeply funky jazz soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by princes View Post
    worthless review, this is an advertisement. How old is she? fat or skinny? how does she look? pretty or ugly? long hair or short hair? color? How tall is she? breast size? what service she provided? any mark on her body?
    Hi princes,

When you finally have time to post your first review, we will expect all the details you mentioned above to be included!

You won't let yourself down right?

Don't make us wait tooooo long.......lol

Cheers

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by princes View Post
    Yeah, probably a fair enough comment. But this forum is only here because of its advertisers so perhaps you are missing the point a little. In anycase, if I've awakened your interest in Ada why don't you report back with all those details. I notice she is rostered on again this weekend. Look forward to a review, any review, from you.

Banned
    If I meet a girl I really connect with on the first occasion I always try and return and see her again as it is nearly always better the second time around.

Usually return visits just get better with most girls.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneonone View Post
    If I meet a girl I really connect with on the first occasion I always try and return and see her again as it is nearly always better the second time around.

Usually return visits just get better with most girls.
    I'd normally agree with you oneonone. But, visiting brothels isn't just about getting your rocks off. If it was then yes, you are 100% correct and the second, and subsequent, times with a WL are better. I reckon, though through long time consideration, I seek something else from my brothel visits. The best way to describe it is my relating it to how the ancient Greeks measured time. They had two words, chronos and kairos, both meaning "time" but defining differing sensations. Chronos is measured time, as we know from looking at our watches. Kairos is measured by events.

Very rarely an event goes way beyond an expectation. It becomes memorable because lots of factors collide and provide some form of intangible perfection. When this happens, chronological time becomes irrelevant. Time is kairotic, it does not matter how long or how short the actual period we spent on the event.

This is what I was trying to describe with Ada. I know full well that a second session would become chronos, just another hour spent. I would rather savour my kairos event.