Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic Poetry for your "Interest & Pleasure" back by popular demand - 14.3% of vote.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextus View Post
    Yes, so when are we going to get it?
    You're a smart cookie Sextus, and I like you. But you do have a mischievous side.
    I'm genuinely salivating at the prospect of submitting the next poem. However,
    I did agree, on the election result, to one submission every seven days, or thereabouts.
    Yet, there was a caveat which covered the possibility of a growth in interest and demand.
    Mr Crash & Burn gave a wonderful review, and this has effectively doubled my vote.
    I find myself in something of a quandary - should I take a punt and submit another poem within
    the seven days parameter? Or should I seek advice from those with "evenness of the two hands both"
    like Wilisno? He/she has grown on me a little bit in recent times, much more reasonable I feel.
    Oh dear me....decisions, decisions. What am I to do Sextus?

Banned
    I'm still deliberating over the exciting news of the increasing level of interest in my fine poetry.
    I'll certainly keep you posted with my thoughts, but your advice is always welcome mon ami.
    Pending all advice and considerations, I will maintain my commitment to submit a poem once per week.
    So the next one is schediuled for fri/sat this week. But that could change, because I do want to keep my readers happy.

Banned
    Yes, so when are we going to get it?
    I think I'll wait until late Friday or Saturday to submit my next poem, thereby
    honouring my commitment to one per week, following the vote. Yes, I have
    had additional support since the vote, so demand is increasing, but I don't want
    to put undue pressure on myself to deliver such top quality material in quick succession.
    I don't want to burn out, I've only got a catalogue of 200 or so. haha

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmilingGiraffe View Post
    I'm still deliberating over the exciting news of the increasing level of interest in my fine poetry.
    Well my interest is more of a steady state than an increasing one, and you may be putting an optimistic spin on things. What broad themes do you think your poetic motivations encompass?

Banned
    Well my interest is more of a steady state than an increasing one, and you may be putting an optimistic spin on things. What broad themes do you think your poetic motivations encompass?
    Did you see the kind review/comment from Mr Crash & Burn? He said it was a very good poem.
    I think if people look at the poetry with an open mind, they will see something they enjoy or appreciate.
    So yes I'm optimistic, but it's gonna be a relatively slow progression, being sensibly realistic too.

Anyway, like other enthusiasts of the fine art of poetry, I try to cover a wide spectrum of life,
    but generally I'm writing about people/women, the spirit/soul, natural flora/fauna, and natural landscape.
    I like to think I'm a nice blend of Wordsworth, Tennyson, Kipling, Keats & Blake and a couple of others.

I try to write one poem per day, so I've got plenty to choose from. I'm already looking forward to the next
    submission on saturday; something quite different from the last one I think, variety is the spice of life.
    Good onya Sextus.

Banned
    The next poetic submission of creative genius is now scheduled for Saturday. In the interests of variety, it will be "lighter" than the previous one.
    I have several love oriented/semi-erotic pieces, one of which will be chosen for your reading pleasure and considered review.
    I look forward to your comments on Saturday or soon after.

Banned
    The next poetic submission of creative genius is now scheduled for Saturday. In the interests of variety, it will be "lighter" than the previous one.
    I have several love oriented/semi-erotic pieces, one of which will be chosen for your reading pleasure and considered review.
    I look forward to your comments on Saturday or soon after.
    I'm very much looking forward to the scheduled issue of my next piece of creative poetic literature, some minor fine tuning is underway prior to Saturday's issue.

See you later gentlefolk......

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I'm very much looking forward to the scheduled issue of my next piece of creative poetic literature, some minor fine tuning is underway prior to Saturday's issue.

See you later gentlefolk......
    OMG! You even pm me asking for comments on your poem, how many people have you pm'ed?

My comment is: stop writing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomosavic View Post
    OMG! You even pm me asking for comments on your poem, how many people have you pm'ed?

Creativity, in all its merry forms, is the quintessential essence of the human condition. Promoting such is a noble endeavour.
    I wish I could thank you for your ill-considered response. But whatever I say to you is bound to fall on the deafest of ears.
    Saturday's upcoming poem is a love-oriented/semi-erotic literary piece, you ought to be salivating by now with your fancy already tickled.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomosavic View Post

Thanks Tomasavic for the intel!
    To SG:
    How pathetic that you are PMing members to say something about your "poetry".
    You really are a sad case, your worst fear of being ignored seems to be coming true, perhaps it is time to ...

BTW I have updated the banned page to list this under the "poetry" section: here

Quote Originally Posted by CunningLinguist View Post
    Thanks Tomasavic for the intel!
    To SG:
    How pathetic that you are PMing members to say something about your "poetry".
    You really are a sad case, your worst fear of being ignored seems to be coming true, perhaps it is time to ...
    He should just pm his few known comrades for a safe reply !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Banned
    Promotion of the creative arts is a very noble endeavour, most especially when promoted among the heathen.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    He tried to impersonate a Frenchman doing fake ARs but was exposed as not actually being able to speak French.
    Aah, memories, memories... I was often having very good chuckles about that at the time. Colourful? Well - Tri-colourful at least!

- And worst of all, he writes bad poetry
    I love that we are all custodians and protectors, in our own way, of the standard of art in the community. We care enough about it to sometimes account it the worst sin - against sensibilities at least.

Promotion of the creative arts is a very noble endeavour, most especially when promoted among the heathen.
    So Tomasivic won't pander to you and you call him a heathen now, I'm sure you would have had something nice to say about him if he commented on your poem.
    You are so transparent and despicable!

Aah, memories, memories... I was often having very good chuckles about that at the time. Colourful? Well - Tri-colourful at least!

I love that we are all custodians and protectors, in our own way, of the standard of art in the community. We care enough about it to account it the worst sin - against sensibilities at least.
    I really miss that guillotine post of yours, shame it was deleted when all of his posts were deleted for very bad behaviour!

Banned
    So Tomasivic won't pander to you and you call him a heathen now, I'm sure you would have had something nice to say about him if he commented on your poem.
    You are so transparent and despicable!
    The majority of punters have already espoused their atheism on numerous occasions and on many threads - so they are heathens.
    I would have thought being called a heathen is some kind of compliment to them. C'est la vie on the forum.

The majority of punters have already espoused their atheism on numerous occasions and on many threads - so they are heathens.
    I would have thought being called a heathen is some kind of compliment to them. C'est la vie on the forum.
    I know you have been banned again but I know you are still reading as a guest so for completeness one last translation of SG trollspeak: "Most aus99 members are heathens, and I am superior to them!"

Oh and I suppose we won't be hearing any more poetry from SG, what a shame and I was just starting to get into it ...

I know you have been banned again but I know you are still reading as a guest so for completeness one last translation of SG trollspeak: "Most aus99 members are heathens, and I am superior to them!"

Oh and I suppose we won't be hearing any more poetry from SG, what a shame and I was just starting to get into it ...
    Well ! He predicted this with this thread title : " By popular demand ", he's now banned !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Just for old times sake, in the spirit of bad poetry:
    Their once was a troll massage shop owner,
    who insulted the very people that could be his clientele!
    With the slightest hint of poetry support he would get a boner,
    and the consensus is he should go to ...

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    I'm a nice blend of Wordsworth, Tennyson, Kipling, Keats & Blake and a couple of others.
    With that kind of heritage, a Pulitzer couldn't have been far off. Couldn't admin have waited at least until after Saturday's poem? He was showing some restraint and keeping to his word about the poetry posting frequency. Admin is the harshest poetry critic of all!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast