Thread: Socceroos are deserving of a tribute poem - so well done lads - Ode To the Socceroos.

Banned

Socceroos are deserving of a tribute poem - so well done lads - Ode To the Socceroos.

The Socceroos are well deserving of a tribute poem - well done lads.

Ode To The Socceroos

The Socceroos are bathed in justified glory,
    So now the humble poet will tell their good story,
    They played with great passion, commitment and soul,
    And Cahill scored two sensational goals.

Despite the humidity, the heat and the rain,
    They battled like true Aussies again and again,
    And though the results were quite painful to bear,
    Their fine noble efforts outweighed those low cares.

Though not victorious, they conquered our hearts,
    And made us all feel we were together in part,
    For there is so much more honour in gallant defeat,
    Than to win by ten with smiling conceit.

We could see on the faces of those who had won,
    The relief of opponents whose fortunate time had come,
    Some say the game is about the ball hitting the net,
    But the best of it all, is when a nation’s hearts are all met.

We thank those young men for filling our day,
    With the best of good feeling, that made so many of us say,
    You represented us all, whether of high or low station,
    And made us feel proud of this magnificent nation.

Banned
    Wow, this tribute poem, or ode, to the socceroos is even better than I first thought, it's not like me to underestimate myself.
    I made a few minor revision edits today, and it has turned out wonderful. It's quite a delight.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Here are some more words from the same self-aggrandising twat:

From here:http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post494539

Quote Originally Posted by BangThemHard View Post
    The whinging slags and their lawyers seeking a payout from Rolf Harris to cover their miserable middle-age,
    should be thrown out of court, then charged themselves for wasting police & court time to serve their own
    vile purpose of financial betterment. Their would be no proceedings if Rolf was poor, it's just a tacky cash grab.
    Shame on the ugly gold-diggers playing the victim card 30/40 years after the "life-changing" events.

Good onya Rolf.

Banned
    I feel apologies should be conveyed to the forum and independent observers for the behaviour of one fixated member
    who has clearly forgotten to take his medication today. For CL "smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone."

I offer this poem as something of interest to read, review and enjoy if you so wish. If you don’t like it, then ignore it.
    If you have considered critcisms of the poem, feel free to say so. I have no agenda other than to show the breadth and depth of
    the human emotional and cognitive condition. If this poem is met with unwarranted criticism and ridicule by the same few on the forum,
    it will say nothing about the poem or the author, and everything about those with their own transparent, fixated & lonely agenda.

I look forward to all considered and impartial comments, and any comprehensive critiques.

Regards,
    SirLaughsAlot

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SirLaughsAlot View Post
    The Socceroos are well deserving of a tribute poem - well done lads.

Ode To The Socceroos

The Socceroos are bathed in justified glory,
    So now the humble poet will tell their good story,
    They played with great passion, commitment and soul,
    And Cahill scored two sensational goals.

Despite the humidity, the heat and the rain,
    They battled like true Aussies again and again,
    And though the results were quite painful to bear,
    Their fine noble efforts outweighed those low cares.

Though not victorious, they conquered our hearts,
    And made us all feel we were together in part,
    For there is so much more honour in gallant defeat,
    Than to win by ten with smiling conceit.

We could see on the faces of those who had won,
    The relief of opponents whose fortunate time had come,
    Some say the game is about the ball hitting the net,
    But the best of it all, is when a nation’s hearts are all met.

We thank those young men for filling our day,
    With the best of good feeling, that made so many of us say,
    You represented us all, whether of high or low station,
    And made us feel proud of this magnificent nation.

This tribute to the gallantry of the Socceroos, certainly warrants one bump up I reckon.

Banned
    bravo! The socceroos proved that sometimes a loss can be a win!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Deane View Post
    bravo! The socceroos proved that sometimes a loss can be a win!
    Looks like you got banned rather speedily comrade, it seems to be a banning offence to enjoy some poetry.
    So much for "general discussion" on the forum.

Well, the Socceroos World Cup campaign is now over, I didn't watch the match this morning , 3-0 looks like a comprehensive score line , 56/44 possession split looks ok . But Spain has 11 shots on goal, 8 times on target and scored 3 times! We only had 4 shots on goal and zero on target - and that's the real story !

We have a lot of things going against us in Brazil, drawn the group of death, then injuries kept a few of our key players out !

But we played two sensational matches against the Chileans and the Dutch ! With a bit of luck, we could have easily came out with some points! That's something we can build on knowing we are competitive against the top teams at the world stage!

We were just a couple of players short at the key positions !

And Cahills brilliant goal will be forever in the 2014 World Cup highlights reels !

Now they can all party and fuck some Brazilian babes !!

Go Aussies !!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Well, the Socceroos World Cup campaign is now over, I didn't watch the match this morning , 3-0 looks like a comprehensive score line , 56/44 possession split looks ok . But Spain has 11 shots on goal, 8 times on target and scored 3 times! We only had 4 shots on goal and zero on target - and that's the real story !

We have a lot of things going against us in Brazil, drawn the group of death, then injuries kept a few of our key players out !

But we played two sensational matches against the Chileans and the Dutch ! With a bit of luck, we could have easily came out with some points! That's something we can build on knowing we are competitive against the top teams at the world stage!

We were just a couple of players short at the key positions !

And Cahills brilliant goal will be forever in the 2014 World Cup highlights reels !

Now they can all party and fuck some Brazilian babes !!

Go Aussies !!
    Yeah, my tribute poem was written as a salute to the Socceroos in the first two games.
    The less said about the third game the better. It shows how ineffective the Aussie attack is without Cahill.
    Nevermind, they were gallant in the first two games and deserve our praise for that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    .....And Cahills brilliant goal will be forever in the 2014 World Cup highlights reels !

Now they can all party and fuck some Brazilian babes !! Go Aussies !!
    The great moments of the world cup are remembered more than the winners most of the time.
    I couldn't say who won all the world cups, but I can still remember many of the greatest moments -
    Archie Gemmill's goal against Netherlands, Paolo Rossi's goals against Brazil, Gordon Banks' save against Brazil.
    Franz Beckanbauer every match for Germany, Columbian goalkeeper doing backflip kicks, Paul Gascoigne in tears
    after being booked twice and would miss the possible final, England's goal against Germany - more than a foot over
    the line and disallowed, and now Cahill's sensational volley against Netherlands.

The Socceroos will learn a lot from the experience, and they'll be a better team next time hopefully.