Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shower routine / personal hygiene

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar

Shower routine / personal hygiene

A while back I came across an article that compared men and women in terms of how they showered. I couldn't find that article but it had a similar pic like this one:
    tumblr_lqt1psdzVY1qz4wpio1_500.jpg

Does this apply to you?
    What do you guys use, liquid wash or bar soap? (My pref is bar soap cos I feel more "hands-on" using them, lol...)

I reckon this is a good place to discuss this very personal topic and maybe we can improve our collective personal hygiene.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    You have to focus on the smelly and sweaty bits - bum crack, groin, armpits, feet. Lot's of soaping and rinsing there. Soap. Rinse. Repeat.
    The rest of the body you shouldn't go too crazy with the soap as it dries the skin and removes natural oils.
    But if you have a dirty job, or have had a workout then definitely the whole body gets a good soaping, but always with the main emphasis on the sweaty smelly bits.
    Rinsing after soaping is especially important otherwise you will have that soap mixed with sweat smell which is rank.
    And this is of course assuming you shower at least once a day.
    You should shower every morning and if you have a dirty job or workout then you should shower after work or working out.
    And of course you should always shower before a punt.
    There are lots of things we have no control over - age, looks, height, ethnicity and there are some things we have some control over like weight, fitness. But personal hygiene we have total control over so at least make this one as best as possible and be clean and smell nice. Have respect for yourself and have respect for the girls.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Bar soap dries my skin out, so I use liquid soap but it has to lather up really good otherwise I won't feel like it's cleaning my skin, picture is spot.on with under arms and balls, but I generally give myself a good scrub all over just from dirt and sweat from work.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlows View Post
    Bar soap dries my skin out, so I use liquid soap but it has to lather up really good otherwise I won't feel like it's cleaning my skin, picture is spot.on with under arms and balls, but I generally give myself a good scrub all over just from dirt and sweat from work.
    Do you use a loofa with your liquid wash? Cos for me, that's the only time I'd use any liquid wash. Without something solid in my hands, I don't feel clean at all using any liquid. It just feels like I'm rubbing some liquid on myself, lol...

Totally true, bro Rooter. I just feel like because this is a highly personal topic and in most cases would be taboo to discuss in person, this forum and all its anonymous glory would be the best place to discuss such a thing. If we don't compare notes and keep doing our own stuff we might never know what we're doing is wrong.

Anyway, let me start by sharing what I do.

- I have a habit of always needing to shower the first time I step out of the house everyday. My wife laughs at this habit of mine cos it really gets in the way of anything needing urgent action, lol...
    - Always use Dettol bar soap. To prevent waste, I squash the last bits of a worn out bar into the new one!
    - I wash the important bits down below by scrubbing the entire groin area focusing on the area on both sides of my balls, the back of the balls through to arse crack, getting hands on scrubbing around my arsehole, lol...
    - other bits I pay close attention are my ears, front and back, legs especially around my ankles cos I noticed that area tends to build up with gunk. If you scrub it you'll notice something comes out of it.
    - One part that I regrettably always neglect is my belly button. Sometimes after a few months I'd remember and scrub it and WHOA you wouldn't believe how much gunk is in there!
    - I also use face wash for my face, and I have a back scrubber bought from Muji that I use every other day to ensure my back is also scrubbed.
    - Total time spent in shower usually 20 - 25 mins.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Time spent on syd99 23hrs 35mins lol...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Indian punters take note of all tips and tricks mentioned in this thread.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    What about the fucken mouth, when does that come into the PH equation?

I've had the misfortune of copping a nosefull from dragon breath office workers and WLs.
    Chicks should filter out any cunts with halitosis that want give 'em DATY

Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post

I've had the misfortune of copping a nosefull from dragon breath office workers and WLs.
    Good point about mouth hygiene. I don’t think there’s anything special about my approach. Brush the teeth, tongue, and very frequently chew some gum. That’s about it.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Adapter View Post

The reverse should also apply to blokes who seek bbbj's from chicks with halitosis. If the chick has bad breath and offers you bbbj go for cbj instead - you'll save your penis from getting a migraine.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Good point about mouth hygiene. I don’t think there’s anything special about my approach. Brush the teeth, tongue, and very frequently chew some gum. That’s about it.
    Don't forget to floss or use a dental pick bro especially if you eat meat.
    A bit of food (especially meat) can get stuck between the teeth and rot in there if you don't get it out.
    Your mouth will smell like a dead cat. Brushing and mouthwash will only mask it temporarily.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    -Hand soap for cock, balls and underarms
    -Bulldog face wash for the old mug (works great)
    -Fresh clean face washer, 6 pumps of liquid soap, lather everywhere, head, arms, legs and arse last
    -Mouthwash
    -Brush teeth and don't rinse, keep the flouride on ya teeth

Less than 5 minutes and I'm clean

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I always use goat milk soap when showering & it works a treat! Doesn't dry out your skin like "normal" soaps do.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    My routine is always the same, her stench equals my stench. Pineapples

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    A while back I came across an article that compared men and women in terms of how they showered. I couldn't find that article but it had a similar pic like this one:
    tumblr_lqt1psdzVY1qz4wpio1_500.jpg

Does this apply to you?
    What do you guys use, liquid wash or bar soap? (My pref is bar soap cos I feel more "hands-on" using them, lol...)

I reckon this is a good place to discuss this very personal topic and maybe we can improve our collective personal hygiene.
    I wash myself down using a pressure washer.

Focusing on the red spots (groins + armpits) is probably the main reason why many tradies smell the same on a hot summer day.

I'm focused on scrubbing my whole body down with a soft towel lathered with Italian lemon soap bar if my day allows me for a long 20 minute shower, otherwise I'd quickly lather myself down with liquid soap but I don't feel "clean" enough as I can feel my skin getting grimey within the next couple hours of sweating. Something about liquid bath soaps, they're not as penetrating as most bar soaps because of their lower pH. I like the Italian lemon soap bars because it contains citrus oils which penetrates well into the skin to remove excess grime. Ask every car mechanic and they'll tell you that citrus based soaps and hand washes is the trick to removing all that engine oil and bearing greases.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    https://www.amazon.com.au/Permatex-O...284bcbaba346b2

This is what car mechanics use to wash the black grime off their hands after a day's work. Not sure if it's suitable as a body wash lol

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by kayofa View Post

This is what car mechanics use to wash the black grime off their hands after a day's work. Not sure if it's suitable as a body wash lol
    Thanks bro. Although some cunts could do with mineral turps and/or general purpose hydrochloric liquid cleaner

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

Very suitable to use for a body wash but used like once a week.

The sand in it will exfoliate the skin so it would be healthy and clean.

Probably end up with better looking and feeling skin than the WL's have on their body

I wash myself down using a pressure washer.

Focusing on the red spots (groins + armpits) is probably the main reason why many tradies smell the same on a hot summer day.

I'm focused on scrubbing my whole body down with a soft towel lathered with Italian lemon soap bar if my day allows me for a long 20 minute shower, otherwise I'd quickly lather myself down with liquid soap but I don't feel "clean" enough as I can feel my skin getting grimey within the next couple hours of sweating. Something about liquid bath soaps, they're not as penetrating as most bar soaps because of their lower pH. I like the Italian lemon soap bars because it contains citrus oils which penetrates well into the skin to remove excess grime. Ask every car mechanic and they'll tell you that citrus based soaps and hand washes is the trick to removing all that engine oil and bearing greases.
    Bro, totally agree about the difference between bar soap and liquid. As I said, I'd never consider using liquid soap as a proper wash without at least a loofa or something that allows me to scrub instead of just letting the liquid soap do it's thing. They sell it as a more "moisturizing" washing option, I just find that it leaves me feeling oily and unwashed, lol!

Good point about the high pressure spray. I don't have a high pressure one, but what I do is I always make sure I have a detachable shower head in my home. The first thing I do when I move into a new place is I'd replace all the shower heads with those detachable ones I'd get from Bunnings. No other way to properly wash the arse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast