Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarryd Hayne going to NFL without even a contract ! WTF is he thinking ??

Jarryd Hayne going to NFL without even a contract ! WTF is he thinking ??

Jarryd Hayne rejected the opportunity to sign the most lucrative deal in the NRL's history because after two years of thinking about it the Parramatta superstar believed he had the most vital ingredient needed to break into the super-competitive NFL.

"My ability," he said on Wednesday.

I think the American football is a very different game brother ! Good luck to you !
    Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    it is called chasing your dream!!!!!
    Unlike other sportsman who chases $$$$, he is only man who is going to follow his heart.

Super Fans (忠實Fans) pepefirstlove's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_Prowl View Post
    it is called chasing your dream!!!!!
    Unlike other sportsman who chases $$$$, he is only man who is going to follow his heart.
    Isn't NFL players earn more money than NRL? but if this really his drram... Then good luck to him.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by pepefirstlove View Post
    Isn't NFL players earn more money than NRL? but if this really his drram... Then good luck to him.
    ONLY TOP PLAYERS.... i believe NFL teams sign about 50-60 player each. and not all player play NFL game. minimum Wage is $100K is US and that is only if you make it to top 50. After that if he plays a NFL game his salary could go upto $400K.

But his current salary is $1M in parra, and David Smith did mention he was about use special exemption thing. so he could hv been earning $1.2-$2M if he stayed in NRL. but being at 26 he decided to pursue his dream and tryout for NFL.

It will be hard but he always can come back to NRL if he wants.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Followed this game all my life. But yeah - if you have the athleticism, it's worth giving a shot, no matter how competitive it may be.

53 players per roster + some practice squad players. Rookie contracts usually amount to about $420K (US) before taxes.

He wants to be a punt returner (most equivalent role would be that of a fullback - offensively, not defensively) and I think there's chance in there somewhere. I think Midnight_Prowl got it right - he's only 26, can give it a run for 2,3 years and see where he is, come back if necessary.

If you're gonna regret it either way (wonder what if, fail while going for it), why not do something rather than stay idle?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    good on him for chasing his dream, but i think when reggie bush came here during state of origin game 2 and geed hayne up saying he could play in the NFL is prob one of the reason why he went also and thinks he can make it there. BUt good luck too him.

And yeah American sports players get paid big time. NBA players have a mini salary of 500k. So a bench wamer who sits there and does jack gets 500k for cheering the squad

Put it this way, if the Haynes plane gets a take off in the NFL, I'll be watching him, just don't know if it will be on Fox or ESPN ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Im just wondering if his body can handle it.
    I hear it's a pretty full on contact sport and a lot of the guys are huge mother fuckers (wouldn't want to be tackled by one for sure)
    There's a reason why they wear all that padding and helmet (not for fashion!), and even then you can still get hurt easily.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Good on him I say. Not many people have the balls to make the leap.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Gook luck to him, I hope he does well.

Senior Member(無間使者)

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Good on him might go to the lions. Now im certain the major reason he risked it was cos of reggie bush if he never met reggie bush dont think he would have pulled the trigger and quit.

Yeah saw this news not too long ago too
    It's good to see more Aussies heading over to try out more US dominated sports !
    I know more Aussies are getting into NBA teams now
    Goodluck to all Aussies over in the US sports industry, let it be NBA or NFL hah!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) the_boss_king's Avatar
    poor parramatta, they were just starting to become good again lol

anyway we all know why he moved. $$$$$$$$

OK, after the news was broken last week, I have got a bit more information and I think I have changed part of my view on Jarryd's move, let's just say that I am now more supportive for Jarryd to have a go at his dream rather than just finishing his career with Parramatta and die wondering what if ?? and Not know if he would have made it !!

I suppose the bottom line is, Jarryd is only 27, even if he spent two years at the States chasing his dream, if it doesn't work out, he can also come back to NRL, he may not get the $6.5 millions contracts any more, but at 29, if he is injury free, he would still be among the top 10 best paid NRL players for a few more years yet - Just like Sam Burgress would have !!

So, for the record, I would say, good on you Jarryd Hayne ! Hope your dream come true and make it to the NFL field !

May be because of you, I will watch some NFL matches in the near future and try to understand the game a bit more................haha
    Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

Banned
    Hey Ahlungor
    Everything about Jarryd Hayne's move to the USA makes sense. Everything

What doesnt make sense is why he would return to Parramatta
    No offence to anyone, but Parramatta will never win the NRL Premiership, while it remains a one man team
    And as many NRL players have said, winning a Premiership is a far more intense and memorable feeling than winning a Kangaroos jersey

All the greats of the game have won Premierships. From Cameron Smith, to Mal Meninga, to Brad Fittler, to Darren Lockyer, to Andrew Johns

Even the joint winner of the 2014 Dally M Award with Jarryd Haynes, for 'Player of the Year 2014' - Jonathan Thurston - has won a Premiership with the North Queensland Cowboys

If I was Jarryd's manager, I would be planning a move to another NRL club if the NFL attempt is unsuccessful

Parramatta ? Jarryd is wasting his talents with such a team

Peace

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    many AFL players have succeeded in NFL in the past in moving from AFL to NFL.

Jarryd Hayne on a personal level has won the State of Origin with NSW.

NRL players earn very little money compared to what they get in the US the endorsements are 100 million.

you can check out what other big sportsmen earn in the USA - like NBA, baseball stars etc

He is quick and agile and there's a lot of interest from 3 NFL teams in the USA already.

he is like many Australians who are pursuing a dream in USA. I wish him good luck.

the sad thing is if he makes it, he might start a rush of many other talented NRL players in trying out for the NFL.

lets see how he goes before we judge him.

I say dont write him off just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Hey Ahlungor
    Everything about Jarryd Hayne's move to the USA makes sense. Everything

What doesnt make sense is why he would return to Parramatta
    No offence to anyone, but Parramatta will never win the NRL Premiership, while it remains a one man team
    And as many NRL players have said, winning a Premiership is a far more intense and memorable feeling than winning a Kangaroos jersey

All the greats of the game have won Premierships. From Cameron Smith, to Mal Meninga, to Brad Fittler, to Darren Lockyer, to Andrew Johns

Even the joint winner of the 2014 Dally M Award with Jarryd Haynes, for 'Player of the Year 2014' - Jonathan Thurston - has won a Premiership with the North Queensland Cowboys

If I was Jarryd's manager, I would be planning a move to another NRL club if the NFL attempt is unsuccessful

Parramatta ? Jarryd is wasting his talents with such a team

Peace

Two things brother Harmony:

Firstly, Jarryd said he wanted to be a one club man, so I assume when he returns to nrl he will go back to parra!

But we will see, the last person who said he would never play against the west tiger ended up playing for St George !

Secondly, JT didn't win a premiership with the cowboys! They made the GF but was beaten by Benji Marshall! He did however win a premiership with the Dogs !

But he famously gave his ring to his captain Steve Price who was suspended ! So until he wins another premiership, he has nothing to show !

Cheers

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Willi mason tried out with New York jets while and got rejected....

Interesting is reggie bush, invited/recommend Hayne to Detroit lions. I honestly think he would suit Denver....

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    I heard that the kick receiver / returners in American football are really fast, like in the low 10s for the 100 metres. Do the kick returners sidestep like in league?

Like others here, I know next to nothing about gridiron. But Jarryd says he's been playing it on x-box all year!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast