Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our cricket team is doing us proud but why no free TV coverage ??

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Australia had imploded in second innings Was 4 for 60 odd when I sleep

The Aussie are totally out played by the Pakistan team.

We had a great start, 2 for 7 ! But Younis Khan steady the ship and his back to back centuries was fantastic, we just can't get him out !

On the Aussie side , only Warner put up a fight in the first innings !

Captain Clarke was very disappointing, he hasn't played in any of the warm up matches and clearly lack match fitness and it shows, we will need another spinner in the next two matches!

But it's still good to see that Steve Smith and Mitchell Johnson put in a 55 and 61 respectively, so it wasn't a total collapse !

I think Doolan may be dropped for the second test! Recall Watson ? He did make 83 off 100 balls for NSW in the one day cup tonight and seems to be fit enough !

I started this thread 7 years ago.

And nothing had changed !!

The Aussie boys are in the T20 World Cup Final vs the Kiwis and no free to air TV coverage !!

This can’t be right? What the fuck were the Cricket Australia officials thinking ??

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Don't quote me on this, but I think that many years ago when pay TV started there was an agreement made between government and media that some events that are of national/cultural importance must remain on free to air TV eg NRL Grand Final, AFL Grand Final, Melbourne Cup, Test Cricket, Australian Open Tennis etc.
    But I think one day cricket and 20/20 cricket were not included at that stage, (they probably didn't exist) so now it's in the hands on the market.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I think that many years ago when pay TV started there was an agreement made between government and media that some events that are of national/cultural importance must remain on free to air TV eg NRL Grand Final, AFL Grand Final, Melbourne Cup, Test Cricket, Australian Open Tennis etc.
    But I think one day cricket and 20/20 cricket were not included at that stage, (they probably didn't exist) so now it's in the hands on the market.
    You are correct rooter

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    And the fucking Rugby test against England is not on free to air TV on Sunday morning either!

Quote Originally Posted by kingwally View Post
    And the fucking Rugby test against England is not on free to air TV on Sunday morning either!
    But Channel 10 is showing all the Socceroos (v Saudi Arabia) and Matilda matches (v Brazil).

Surely they could have sold it to some sponsors for the T20 World Cup - may be they gave the Aussie team no chance ?

I thought the T20 WC would be a good lead in for this seasons BBL ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Go Bleck Ceps!

Test champs, should have been ODI champs, and now who knows with this one! Not bad for a little island isn’t it. Will be a great match either way

Quote Originally Posted by imaragingbull View Post
    Go Bleck Ceps!

Test champs, should have been ODI champs, and now who knows with this one! Not bad for a little island isn’t it. Will be a great match either way

Sorry mate, not a good day for Kiwi supporter but great news for Aussie cricket, winning the T-20 World Cup for the first time, I still remember Mitch Starc clean blowed the Kiwi captain in the opening over at the MCG in another World Cup final !

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus
    Mate how about the aussies, youre right, no one gave them a chance after that england game. The bangladesh game was a major turning point. Good form going into the ashes no doubt even if it is t20. Lol i can already see mitch marsh weaseling his way into the ashes squad and doin horrific

Yes, unbeaten 77 in the final I think M Marsh finally repay all the faith the selector put on him. What about David Warner in the last two matches, when he got a start and get to 50’s , take a lot of pressure off the middle order.

Spare a thought for Kane Williamson, 85 in the final usually would be good enough to lift the trophy.

It’s a good confidence and morale boost for the OZ team and good to see England went the other way……..haha, bring on the Ashes !!

BTW, don’t forget Hazlewood took 3 wickets too.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Aussie, Aussie , Aussie..

Do have feel happy for Mitch Marsh, him and his brother are so maligned in Australian Cricket.

Well done boys!

Bring on the Poms...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12