Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Renting in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Thats what you get living in a country built by migrants. You have to learn to live with people from different cultural backgrounds, different language & so on. I have seen many Arabs & Asians when they get together they start communicating in their language knowing that others in the group wouldn't have a clue what they are saying.
    The main reason for this situation is usually the language ability. Although some can speak good English, but they can only express themselves better in their mother tongues. No disrespect intended. But I always try to avoid that if there are Aussies in the group.
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Live in the city and offer a nice lady rent for sex. Such a win

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by retrowolf View Post
    I lived in the city (Chippendale) for a year and loved it but paying $600 a week meant I couldn't punt. So I moved up into the blue mountains and now pay $280 a week for a bigger place. It means I sit on a train for 4 hours a day, but at least I get to spend more time blowing in the mouths of beautiful young Asian girls. Small price to pay really
    Are there any RNT shops in the blue mountains? imagine those innocent tourists who go sightseeing and drop by for a massage, and then get whispered in their ears if they want special haha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrmont_dude View Post
    Live in the city and offer a nice lady rent for sex. Such a win
    Used to see those kinds of ads on Gumtree. Was thinking about it when I first came to Australia but then “no free lunch ever” so I didn’t fall for that trap. Some of my colleagues used to see an old man offering free accommodation, free meals and $500 per week to live with him. Hmmm.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yowser View Post
    Are there any RNT shops in the blue mountains? imagine those innocent tourists who go sightseeing and drop by for a massage, and then get whispered in their ears if they want special haha
    There ain't much chop past Penrith.
    I know a couple of privates that service the blue mountains, but I'd rather go to 12 Euston tbh.

I also have a massive commute to punt. So it's a great deal to punt on days off.

I'm renting a one beder in Potts Point, close to the action.

I'm noticing the price to buy a one bedroom apartment or semi is coming down.

Saw an ad for $650k in Potts Point, that was unheard-of last year.

I'm in the financial services, lots of foreign investors are leaving our shores, plus there is an oversupply in certain areas.

Save your money and pick up a bargain in 1 or 2 years. Especially if the interest rate goes up over 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post

I'm noticing the price to buy a one bedroom apartment or semi is coming down.

Saw an ad for $650k in Potts Point, that was unheard-of last year.

I'm in the financial services, lots of foreign investors are leaving our shores, plus there is an oversupply in certain areas.

Save your money and pick up a bargain in 1 or 2 years. Especially if the interest rate goes up over 1%.
    Mate, Potts Point is definitely a high end area , the old Crest Hotel is now a residential apartment by a Chinese developers and a basic one bedroom is over one Million big ones !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Mate, Potts Point is definitely a high end area , the old Crest Hotel is now a residential apartment by a Chinese developers and a basic one bedroom is over one Million big ones !
    Alot of Chinese investors.
    One complex I worked on, a Chinese investor bought 3 levels! 3 fucking levels of apartments!!
    He was based in China, and didnt even come over to check them. He sent an assistant who arrived in the morning. Checked all of the apartments, and left for China that evening. All given to the real estate agent to deal with.

Forget about the new complexes, look for the older blocks.

It's getting harder for Chinese investors to bring money over. The Chinese government is coming down hard on that. Also, local banks won't lend them money like they used to.

We can already see this affecting the price in some areas. House and land will be rare, hold on to that if you can, it will be worth a fortune in the future.

Plus there's the trade war and heavy debt in China.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    Hi neighbour, Same here

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Potts point, prime real estate for punters. lol

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Potts Point? Close to what action?

Quote Originally Posted by pyrosphere_36 View Post
    Potts point, prime real estate for punters. lol
    May be in the really good old days when Tudor Courts and Golden Apple were talk of the town ! But now, even the Apple has become A Touch of something........ haha

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Potts Point. No.
    I used to live in a unit on Park Street near QVB

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Haha wish I’d taken notice of the dates in the first posts in this thread as I’ve just spent a bit of time looking for these fantastic real estate deals!!

2005 my brother and I shared a penthouse in Pyrmont for $750 a week. Wasn’t popular you see. All of these suburbs mentioned close to CBD have become much more sought after and rents come up. So more building conversions and construction... you’d have to think rents will flatten and maybe drop as this supply really kicks in.

Renting near punting haunts? Hmmm I’m not sure that’s a problem wherever you rent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123