Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A sad day for Australian Cricket

Banned

A sad day for Australian Cricket

The passing of Australian up and coming young Batsman Phillip Hughes struck in the head behind the helmet while batting for South Australia against his home state NSW.

I feel so sorry for the young NSW bowler who bowled the ball it was an accident and no way the bowlers fault.

Australia has lost a great sports man and lovely young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneonone View Post
    The passing of Australian up and coming young Batsman Phillip Hughes struck in the head behind the helmet while batting for South Australia against his home state NSW.

I feel so sorry for the young NSW bowler who bowled the ball it was an accident and no way the bowlers fault.

Australia has lost a great sports man and lovely young man.

Yes, it was a tragedy indeed of an epic proportion !!

I don't know much about Phil Hughes apart from the last Ashes in England when he partnered Ashton Agar on debut at Trent Bridge, the Aussie had a usual batting collapse and it was 9/117 when Agar came to the middle, lucky that he knew, the much more experienced Hughes on the other side would partner him to achieve the highest ever 10th wicket partnership of 163 runs in a test match !!

Agar eventually got out at 98 - the highest ever run scored by a number 11. And Phillip Hughes a rock at the other end and a stateman like at 81 not out, not his finest batting display but it's the inning that will for a very long time enbedded into test cricket history especially in the Ashes !!

For Phil's own piece of batting history, he hitted two sixes in a row when he reached his first test century and then scored a second century in the 2nd innings in the same match, those are the moments I think Philip Hughes would like us to remember him with !

Such a humble and likeable bloke , never said a bad word about the selector and just happily playing the sport he loves - the sadest words he ever said about his selection - I have plenty of time !!

May Phil Hughes rest in peace !!

Our prayers are with his soul and his family .

Ps. When the accident occurred. Hughes was unbeaten at 63! So he is now a forever Not Out Champ !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    talented cricketer whose life cut short doing what he loved.....he remains not out forever

Banned
    Im annoyed Hughes was stuffed up by Cricket Australia
    Why is such a talented guy like Hughes still playing state cricket in November 2014, instead of being an established member of the Australian Test team ?

If Hughes had been treated respectfully, he wouldnt have been even playing in that inconsequential state game
    Yes, I know he may have been under the close eyes of selectors
    Yes, I konw he may well have been chosen for the First Test next week

But.... why did we treat this freak talent so harshly, continually having to be dropped and re selected - "because of a weakness for the short ball"

Another thing, who is the Australian batter with a better record than Hughes that is apparently good enough to keep Hughes out of the Australian batting lineup
    Hughes for his entire career, was continually dropped and continally had to fight his way back into the Australian team

Phillip Hughes, I never met you, but forever you will remind me of talented people whose talents arent well regarded, by the powers that be
    You never let the frustrations break you, you just faced your challenges with more determination and hard work
    You died in your prime - thats what makes it so hard to take
    But you died showing true courage, literally, on the sports ground that you loved most
    Rest in peace

Banned
    Rest in peace Phillip Hughes, such a freak accident that cost such a talented young bloke's life, sad indeed....

I am not a cricket fan, but condolences to the family and fans of Phil. He is such a young talent and such a horrific way to end his career.

Shouldn't there be a rule against bowling the ball over shoulder height or something? Why would the bowler be allowed to aim the ball at the head or shoulder level? This is really an accident waiting to happen. Hope cricket Australia steps in to make it safer.
    Info provided is based on my limited knowledge and personal opinions and may or may not be correct, please do your own research and make the phone calls to double check.

Happy punting!

I'm not sure if Phillip Hughes' fatal incident will be entitled to any WorkCover compensation !

He should have some life insurance components incorporated in his personal superannuation, and being an elite sportsman (contracted to Cricket Aust at $530,000 PA in 2014), I hope he is well covered, just so that his family can be looked after and cared for after losing him. Nothing can replace a beloved son and brother but if at least one less worry for the Hughes family if only just financially !

RIP - Champ !!

Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

Banned
    Unless Hughes had life insurance, its hard to see how his family would be able to claim for any financial settlement
    If not sure if Workcover injury policies would include death, unless the employer, Cricket Australia, was shown to be negligent

The ambulance drivers were allegedly late in arriving, but because the injury was such a serious one, the ambulance arrival time probably made little difference

But away from the financial situation, a loss of a life of a man in his prime is beyond value estimates. Life is priceless

Enjoy life everyone

Banned
    The legendary Steve Waugh backs up my claims:

"Philip Hughes was dropped by selectors, five times in 26 Test matches
    To put that in perspective, I never scored my first hundred until my 26th Test match
    So, he certainly wasn't given the extended run that he required and all young players need that time and support and belief they're going to be there for a long time.

It was a stop-start career. In fact, he was picked when he was out of form and dropped when he was in form. It was very difficult for Phil to establish himself in the side."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/...28-11w08o.html

Banned
    Its great to see the support for Phil from Around Australia but not just Australia from around the world and not just from cricket other sports have joined in as well.

And the Australian public and sports fans.

Lets hope something like this terrible accident never happens again.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    its such a tragedy... maybe need they need to look into better full on head gear

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Kudos to the way Michael Clarke has conducted himself over the last few days during this very difficult time. He has shown great leadership.

Amazing to see all the heart-warming tributes pour in from all over the world.

RIP Phillip Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by jadeofsydney View Post
    Kudos to the way Michael Clarke has conducted himself over the last few days during this very difficult time. He has shown great leadership.

Amazing to see all the heart-warming tributes pour in from all over the world.

RIP Phillip Hughes.

Michael Ckarke is a class act !

He shows great support to the bowler Sean Abbott too !

date of accident 25
    date of death 27
    month 11
    runs scored 63 n.o.

25 + 27 + 11= 63...

RIP young man. P.H.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatkilo View Post
    date of accident 25
    date of death 27
    month 11
    runs scored 63 n.o.

25 + 27 + 11= 63...

RIP young man. P.H.

Yes, numbers and figures have a funny habit of making its way into history !

Vale Phillip Hughes , the young champ of 63 not out forever!

And on the day he would have turned 26, a young golfer from Texas shot a new course record of , you guessed it - 63! to win the Australian Open by Six shots !

RIP Hughesey !

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    A Israeli umpire got hit by a ball as well and died. What luck

Quote Originally Posted by max_power View Post
    A Israeli umpire got hit by a ball as well and died. What luck

Don't even know they play cricket in Israel !

RIP !
    Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

This is it, the first test in Adelaide is on now !

Phil Hughes will be remembered and honoured the best way he would have wanted, on the Cricket field with all his former teammates wearing his number of 408 !!

Dig deep Aussie boys, let's hang in there until tea !!

And 63 seconds of silence !

Phil Hughes 63 not out forever ! And the honourary 13th MAN !

Warner, first ball, first hit - Four !

Three boundaries , 14 runs from Warner's first over !

He is doing it for his little brother man !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast