Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hostage situation in Lindt Cafe Martin Place

Junior Member(有D料到)

Hostage situation in Lindt Cafe Martin Place

Hopefully no one gets hurt. Stay safe everyone.

Shops might be quieter due to this or are punters taking advantage of getting off work early?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Tempted but didn't go ahead, too much things going on my head thinking about the situation.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Same. I could really use a RnT but not worth the risk.
    On the other hand, what a way to go......

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It is eerily quiet in the city tonight .... i'm down the haymarket end and its dead quiet !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    RnT shops will be hanging to release punters............

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I thought about that too but yeah in the end thought better of it. Better to be with family in times like this

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I went for a punt tonight.
    Fuck these terrorists who want to destroy our free, democratic, liberal lifestyle.
    Business as usual - fuck them.
    The aim of terrorists is to terrorise, and our best response is to refuse to be terrorised.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the hostages and to the many peaceful and decent Muslims in the community.
    Lets hope we get through this without loss of life and without senseless reprisals against innocent Muslims just trying to live their lives peacefully and safely.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    I went for a punt tonight.
    Fuck these terrorists who want to destroy our free, democratic, liberal lifestyle.
    Business as usual - fuck them.
    The aim of terrorists is to terrorise, and our best response is to refuse to be terrorised.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the hostages and to the many peaceful and decent Muslims in the community.
    Lets hope we get through this without loss of life and without senseless reprisals against innocent Muslims just trying to live their lives peacefully and safely.
    +1.. Got the train into town tonight as a big fuck you.. went and had a good hour at Thairepeutic then train home.. my thoughts are with the poor buggers stuck in Martin Place and all those doing what they can to get them out safely and here's hoping it ends well..

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    This caught me by surprise. I was working in the eastern suburbs from 9.30 to 5.30 - car radio doesn't work there and back. Got home made dinner and watched "If you are the one" while eating with my usual big smile on my face the whole hour admiring the pretty C-girls. So didn't hear about the drama until I changed channel at 8.30, by which time it had been already happening for 10 hours.

I saw some footage of two pretty waitresses escaping, poor sweethearts they looked terrified.

Spoke to two of my Mamasan friends in the city during the late afternoon and both were saying it was really quiet today, a few people who had made bookings earlier had to ring back and cancel !

Hopefully business will be back to normal after the siege is ended !!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    What I can't believe is the lengths some people will go to for a bite of CHOCOLATE .... Obviously this guy has a serious sweet tooth!!!!

Banned
    What a sad and disappointing ending to this tragedy our thoughts and sympathy to the families at this time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizematters View Post
    What I can't believe is the lengths some people will go to for a bite of CHOCOLATE .... Obviously this guy has a serious sweet tooth!!!!
    Tasteless humor. Something must be really wrong with you if you think any part of this is funny.

Banned
    I pay my respects to the two hostages that lost their lives at the hands of a criminal
    Rest in peace

This criminal (I will not mention his name, he deserves no publicity), should have been deported
    The criminal had a serious criminal record
    We are just too accepting in this country

If this man was protesting the government in such an open way, in another country, like China, he would have been locked up for a long time - and been stopped from commiting this crime

And thank you to the patient Police and Ambulance workers, for their primary objective of preserving life as the priority
    Thank you for their patience, and thank you for putting their lives on the line for us all

Junior Member(有D料到)
    RIP to those 2 brave souls.
    And good job to police and emergency workers for their response and actions.

Cant say the same about the media though.. reporting any and all speculation that they come across without confirming first..

on a brighter note... our building was in lock down yesterday and i was imagining what if you were in a shop and they announced that it is in lock down..

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    Police snipers should have taken him out earlier. He was clearly visible through the window. Tragedy.
    I think until the three hostages ran out yesterday afternoon, the police could not be sure if he was alone, if there were more than one gunman and the police took him out. Then the second person would have open fire and everybody died !

The police took as long as they did putting the safety of the hostages first rather be doing a Rambo or John Wayne which could have resulted in more life's lost!

There was also unconfirmed report that the gunman told the hostages that there are 4 explosives in the city and the police has to investigate that and take the threat very seriously!

I think given the circumstances we should look at the result as being 15 innocent lifes have been saved rather than losing two of our own !

R.I.P.

Still went punting yesterday, just need to go to shops a bit further away from all the actions.

One of the two girls who came out earlier looks cute.

Banned
    Originally Posted by zigzag View Post

Police snipers should have taken him out earlier. He was clearly visible through the window. Tragedy.
    I tend to agree with you but can you imagine the uproar from all those so called good doers out there.

Don't forget a criminal has more rights than the rest of us, the poor guy that shot him would have been haunted and rubbished for the rest of his life.

Great thing hind sight but its time in this country that once you pick up a gun or a knife etc and threaten someone you should have no more rights.

If someone breaks into you house with a gun and robs you if you harm them your in more trouble than they are!

The law in this country is made by lawyers to further the interest and bank accounts of lawyers nothing else.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Why was that creature out on bail? He was facing very serious charges.

RIP to the innocent victims.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by jadeofsydney View Post
    Why was that creature out on bail? He was facing very serious charges.

RIP to the innocent victims.
    Why was this piece of crap let into Australia in the first place?

#fuckislam

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast