Thread: Scam detected - beware

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Scam detected - beware

Please be alert and don't waste your time (or money) when you encounter this in Wechat:

A WL (supposedly a student studying in Sydney; here for about 1 year). She (or he?) will engage in some exchange of messages (and photos) and then offer FS plus others included for 400 for 2hrs. Venue quoted is at or near a Post Office (claim to be staying in nearby appt.). Hours available for booking is during day time only (i.e. haha, Aust Post's opening hours). Upon arrival, insist on not receiving cash but request to change 400 into Alipay in the Post Office (for security reasons in case of authorities). All communication is via wechat, so there is no way to check.

This is a scam, almost fell for it but stood my ground on paying by cash only. If you change into Alipay, am sure you will be asked to send a photo of it with its serial/voucher number etc. as proof. Similar to scams elsewhere.

Beware bros.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    What is alipay? Is this similar to some online banking thing like paypal or something?

And why wouldnt anyone not want cash anyway? Lol

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Yes, it is similar to Paypal, initially set up by the Alibaba Group before "operating" independently. Suppose to make online transactions more convenient for Chinese customers (overseas and in Australia). It allows users to put money in their Alipay account & make purchases via its system. Obviously, scammers have utilised this to try to rip people off! Well, if any WL don't accept cash ... take yours elsewhere !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    fuck wechat then Ill just go to a shop and pay cash. We should nail this scamming cunt

Hate these scammers. I get a lot of scam mails at work from scammers wanting to buy my products using credit card. If I am not too busy ill just play along with them. I replied, "Yes ok, we accept credit card. whats the quantity do you want? how do you want us to deliver." I write short sentences, but make them elaborate a lot. Waste their time too, teach them a lesson.

Check this out. This scam is not a new thing in Singapore:
    http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=458578

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Alibaba is meant to be a wholesaling merchant site, but it's become a hotbed of scammers. Golden rule is: Any method of payment which is not face-to-face cash should raise eye brows. Tell them to fuck off.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalFlush View Post
    Hate these scammers. I get a lot of scam mails at work from scammers wanting to buy my products using credit card. If I am not too busy ill just play along with them. I replied, "Yes ok, we accept credit card. whats the quantity do you want? how do you want us to deliver." I write short sentences, but make them elaborate a lot. Waste their time too, teach them a lesson.

Check this out. This scam is not a new thing in Singapore:
    http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=458578
    Spot on ... Had a good laugh reading the posts. Obviously they have gone international, haha 😆!

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITEDUDE View Post
    fuck wechat then Ill just go to a shop and pay cash. We should nail this scamming cunt
    Yeah, definitely better off going to a shop. Would be extremely difficult if not impossible to nail these people. Destroying the image of the genuine ones out there. It will be like asking Alibaba (alipay) to trace and provide details of these scammers' accounts to the police. Google and PayPal might not even do that, let alone China's Alibaba Group! Lol!

BrainSex
    The location feature of WeChat can be spoofed. The person may not even be 'near' you.

So, cash is not an option for them but if you transfer it to their account, it's out of the country and you are out of pocket.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I think you are better off sticking to established agencies and shops and avoid all these scammers on Cracker, Wechat, Craigslist etc.
    Sure, you may occasionally come across a legit one but is it worth all the risk, and stress, and messing around just to get a fuck?
    I guess some guys like the thrill of the chase, and venturing into the unknown, but I just want a great fuck no strings attached and no nasty surprises.
    If you are gonna try these alternative punting options then use your common sense, follow your brain not your dick, and walk away as soon as things start looking a bit dodgy.