Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SPECIAL - Cheap Flights to the Phillippines 2015

99 King Member (帝皇會員) CunningLinguist's Avatar
    Thanks YF, some great intel and tips!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    That info is pure gold, yellow_fever. Thanks for posting. Just one thing to add. There *is* a lot of crime over there. Lots of it happens to locals tho. But if you're white, consider yourself a huge target so be careful. Don't be a sucker. Watch out for drinks being spiked. Be nice, and a little tip goes a long way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow_fever View Post
    South Korea
    Um, nope. More than a third of marriages break down over there. You are better off marrying a Thai or Viet girl. Guess I answered my own question.

Agree, quite useful tips for those who are unfamiliar with the PI mongering scene. AC is the go to place for VFM punting...for greenhorns.

But once you learn how to use sites like these:

http://www.asiandating.com/
    http://www.filipinocupid.com/
    http://pinaywalks.com/

...you'd be expatriating yourself in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by dokleng View Post
    Um, nope. More than a third of marriages break down over there. You are better off marrying a Thai or Viet girl. Guess I answered my own question.

Agree, quite useful tips for those who are unfamiliar with the PI mongering scene. AC is the go to place for VFM punting...for greenhorns.

But once you learn how to use sites like these:

http://www.asiandating.com/
    http://www.filipinocupid.com/
    http://pinaywalks.com/

...you'd be expatriating yourself in no time.
    FMD the pic on that last site makes me want to join straight away!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    thank you so much brother yf for you info and your effort to type it up, i really wish i can visit there soon, really enjoyed the reading...cheers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CunningLinguist View Post
    FMD the pic on that last site makes me want to join straight away!
    Knew you'd like that one.

Banned
    https://book.cebupacificair.com/Select.aspx

Return trip from Sydney to Manila, the Phillippines 20kg luggage
    1)5 - 15 April 2015 $751 return

2)5 - 15 May 2015 $416 return

3)2 1- 11 June 2015 $416 return

4)1 - 9 September 2015 $701 return

Flights are cheaper, around $50 less, if you choose not to carry 20 kg of luggage

Some flights are cheaper still, around ?$250-350 return, depending on timing of flight

Banned
    Wtf. I met a lady from my friends Church, who heard I was interested in going to the Phillippines
    This lady is very religious, so is just help me from a friendship side of things
    She had already organised a break for work, and is going there in mid May 2015
    She has paid a bit more with the flights, so she could take 20kg of luggage

Interesting emails:
    She offered to invite me with her, purely as friends, for her visit to her relatives there
    Check out the emails

EMAIL 01:

If you still want to visit the Philippines, please let me know. There is an ongoing promo in Cebu Pacific, less than $300 return Sydney-Manila-Sydney (including flight, 20k luggage and meal)
    The only thing is you need to be in the Philippines from 22-31 May so I can be your tour guide.
    I need to spend time with my family from 15-20 May. My flight back to Sydney is 31 May.

Suggested itinerary:
    22-25 May BORACAY
    This is a famous tourist spot. My colleague in Sydney and her friends will be going there, Plus my friend from Singapore and her husband will also be in Boracay on these dates. Would be fun. You can google the place if u like or you can ask your Filipino friend. I will take one of my brothers to the trip so you have someone to talk to if u get bored of my stories

25-27 May CEBU
    I was told this is a nice place. It's 45 mins flight from Boracay.
    My friend from Singapore has a house there and they're offering me their place and a day tour in Cebu. They fly back to Singapore on 26 May pm but can always see other cities there on the 27th.

27-28 May MANILA
    If you'd like to go shopping and see the city. Could meet up with my colleagues too for night out.

29 May - I will leave it with you to decide.
    31 May flight back to Sydney.

Pls let me know of your decision because I need to make travel arrangements for the Boracay and Cebu trip this weekend.
    Regards

EMAIL 02:

If u like, we can share the accommodation in Boracay. It's cheaper.
    My brother will be with us in Boracay so u need not worry about being with me in one room. Heheh.
    I can do the booking so its close to my friends' hotel.

Cebu for one night is free. My friend offered her place.
    Need to book for one night in Cebu but I will ask my friend for a good place.
    I guess u only need to book your accommodation in Manila. I could find a place for you. There are cheap ones, $50 per day. there are also those near the Manila bay. Which are good.

______

I have 2 questions
    Firstly, what do people think of the places she is going to ?
    Secondly, what can you say to your family, girlfriend/partner, for the time away ?

A good chance to check out the nightlife
    She also told me there are a lot of pickpockets in Manila. Stating the obvious for any big city, I know
    Dont take a bag with your around the city
    Thieves are known to just unzip your bag while you are on escalators etc, and putting their hands in your bags to see what they can find !!
    She said in comparison, there is no pickpocketing in Australia

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Harmony,

Your Philippine church friend obviously knows plenty about the place and her advice is just about what I would have given.

Of course you will be tempted sometimes. It may be difficult to go out hunting without your friend, and difficult to bring anyone back to your room. On the other hand, when the brother is missing (and he will probably want to spend time at the corner shop drinking beer) she might well suggest a quick one, so keep some protection with you at all times!

Cebu used to be a beautiful and relaxed old city but now too many people can afford cars so it is harder to move around. Still worth a visit.

Banned
    Thanks bro YI88
    I literally just got these emails overnight, and now you mention it, the possible eventualities are very interesting !

Haha, I honestly have met this lady once, and it is a little strange that she sent me the emails, and gave me this offer
    It is a little rushed, I have to say
    And the absence from Sydney needs an explanation (my existing casual job position, etc)

She is a Church lady, and far be it from me to tempt her
    Obviously she fancies me a little, to want to travel together, but she may be expecting a year long courtship from now, before even kissing
    I dont know if my girlfriend would appreciate that
    Who knows. I dont know the lady at all, and she is older than me, apart from one meeting
    But Im sure you'd agree, I dont think it is going to be a good idea to ask her to show me the 'bars and clubs'
    Although you never know. I am a dumb tourist, after all

I have never been to the Phillippines before, and clearly its great to go for your first time either with friends (AUS99) or with locals !

Time will tell
    Will keep you posted
    I am posting this, for peoples information

The main dilemma for me at the moment, is explaining the absence to my casual job boss, etc

I read the emails in a little more detail, and this sounds interesting:
    "My friend from Singapore has a house there and they're offering me their place and a day tour in Cebu. They fly back to Singapore on 26 May pm but can always see other cities there on the 27th. "
    A house to myself. Pretty sweet.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Don't let being a "church lady" deter you.

I have had a few "religious" girls in the past and this hasn't suppressed their sexual urges. They screw themselves silly on Friday night, then run off to confession on Saturday; their God forgives them and it is OK again for next Friday.

Personally I cant stand filo girls US accent. Quite annoying, I think.

Banned
    Ok, I have an accent. Are you going to push me out of bed ?

Ariella Arida, Miss Universe Philippines 2013, competes in her evening gown during the Preliminary Competition at Crocus City Hall

I have an accent too. My sister above, said it all.

Miss Philippines 2012, Janine Tugonon takes center stage as one of the final 16 contestants during the Miss Universe pageant. (AP)

I competed against Australia's Jennifer Hawkins in Miss Universe 2004. I love my accent.

Maricar Balagtas, represented the Philippines in the 2004 Miss Universe pageant

Banned
    Yep. The flight prices are insane bro yellow_fever.
    Go for a weekend. Truly insane

You made this thread what it is
    Perpetual thanks bro.

Banned
    Another email:

If you want to do diving, you can also go to a place in Cebu called Moalboal.

We might change the Cebu leg of the trip
    We can instead go to the Northern part of Philippines
    There are places like:

Ilocos Sur - the Spanish influence has been preserved in one of the streets there (Calle Crisologo)

Ilocos Norte

Baguio - the summer capital of the Philippines. There are also rice terraces if we go further up to Banaue.

Pangasinan - Hundred Islands

Travel to the north is by bus from Manila. Pangasinan is 5 hours from Manila and another 3 hours if you want to go to Baguio or another 4 hours from Pangasinan if u want to go to the Ilocos region.

The only downside (which is always the case) of booking closer to the date of travel is the that airfares are higher. My work colleague paid $110 for Manila to Boracay return flight two months ago(Philippine Airlines). Last time I checked it's gone up by 50% -- around $180 now.

Thanks YF!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Wow i been to phils a heap of times but only to see my ex. So zero punts. But manila night life live music at bars is awesome. Its depressing dirty and pppr by daylight. I disagree about boracay .its my favourite place anywhere. White sand crystal clear water. Nothing to bite u warm water. Water sports galore. I can recommend boracay beach club 4* place not quite on beach but clean comfortable friendly staff and owners. So many bars and restaurants. To chose from.you can go there and do everything or just chill and do nothing but Yellowfever will ask pointers next trip as ur depth of local pubting knowledge is epic

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalFlush View Post
    Personally I cant stand filo girls US accent. Quite annoying, I think.
    Just stick your cock in their mouth bro that way doesn't matter what their accent is!

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Excellent advice Yellow Fever.
    You are the go to guy for punting in the Philippines.
    This will be my guidebook on my trip to the Philippines later this year.
    Cheers

Banned
    Yellow fever may be you should organise a trip for Aus99 punters!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast