Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tipping. Lets get serious

Banned

Tipping. Lets get serious

Thats not a tip. This is a tip.

"Mike" well and truly exceeded the "suggested gratuity" by leaving a US$3000 tip

If you thought you were generous for refusing to take that 20¢ in change on your morning coffee, think again.
    Compared with this man from the mean streets of New York City, you're looking positively stingy.

"Mike", who asked to remain anonymous, last week gave his regular waitress a $3000 tip on his $43.50 bill

Not a 10% tip, but a 7000% tip

Mike explained: "This woman had been serving us for almost a year. She's a lovely individual, and she talked about how she was served an eviction notice last month," he said.

"She really needed it and has been so happy since then, so I feel I did the right thing."

http://www.smh.com.au/world/customer...30-1mwvp6.html

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I occasionally give one of my regular WLs a $30:00 phone Top Up voucher.
    She loves them and probably spends most of it on messages / photos sent to me.
    This guy makes me feel cheap Ha Ha.

What was that movie where Nicholas Cage gave a tip to the cafe waitress Bridget Fonda ? That is half of the winning of the lottery ticket !! And it won of course, so half a million for a tip or something !

And then they lost the ticket or whatever and they were down and out but their story was in the news and thousands of people sending them a letter to support with like a dollar or two attached inside !

So they have lots of money in the end !

At least that is a meaningful tip. When you tip someone you dont know it's just the same as wasting money.
    In a restaurant, if I tip i would do it BEFORE they serve the food, so I get better service, and not after. Some people tip because they want to reward excellence in service, but for me I tip because I want to BUY the treatment.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Tipping is a American thing because some occupations have a award wage which is low. I don't see why Australia should adapt a tip culture when our government is pretty good regulating and setting award wages.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) jellyshots's Avatar
    Agree with Bro Ahlungor.

Originally TIPS stood for "to improve professional service". It was generally provided before payment of the bill.

In a busy bar, I typically watch the bartenders who look like they care about the job and will give them $10-20 at the beginning of the night then pay for the round.

When you have a group, it's easy to grab $5 off each person. The bartender remembers and no matter how long the lineup, if I wait, they'll catch my eye, make my drinks on the side and basically I get personal service.

Debo
    Tipping prior to the service defeats the purpose, if you're tipping so you get a service you expect then you are rewarding the person for what they should be doing in the first place.

You tip afterwards If the service exceeds your expectations of what you're expecting from the service type. Giving the person the tip prior tells them that they don't need to work for it because you won't get that tip back. Regardless I always leave a tip or give one provided that the service isn't shit because those that work in the industry could do with a bit extra.

This is my opinion coming from a customer service back ground of more then 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jellyshots View Post
    Agree with Bro Ahlungor.

Originally TIPS stood for "to improve professional service". It was generally provided before payment of the bill.

In a busy bar, I typically watch the bartenders who look like they care about the job and will give them $10-20 at the beginning of the night then pay for the round.

When you have a group, it's easy to grab $5 off each person. The bartender remembers and no matter how long the lineup, if I wait, they'll catch my eye, make my drinks on the side and basically I get personal service.
    To Insure Prompt Service ??
    Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalFlush View Post
    At least that is a meaningful tip. When you tip someone you dont know it's just the same as wasting money.
    In a restaurant, if I tip i would do it BEFORE they serve the food, so I get better service, and not after. Some people tip because they want to reward excellence in service, but for me I tip because I want to BUY the treatment.

It is customary in the good old days (like in the San Francisco Grill at the old Hilton) when you visit a higher class restaurant, that you would tip the hostess or the maitre d as you arrived (to thank them of seating you to a nice table, and the hostess and the maitre d will pass a message on to your waiter/waitress that you are a good tipper and your evening will be ensured with good services, then of course, you will tip again to your server at the end!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Tipping prior to the service defeats the purpose, if you're tipping so you get a service you expect then you are rewarding the person for what they should be doing in the first place.

You tip afterwards If the service exceeds your expectations of what you're expecting from the service type. Giving the person the tip prior tells them that they don't need to work for it because you won't get that tip back. Regardless I always leave a tip or give one provided that the service isn't shit because those that work in the industry could do with a bit extra.

This is my opinion coming from a customer service back ground of more then 15 years.

Sorry brother Debo, I will totally disagree with that..............lol, may be because I have been in the business for 30+ years.................haha

Again, referring back to my comment that TIPS = To Insure Prompt Services

By the ending of evening or your party when you pay the final bill, it will be tooooooo late man.

Unless I am going to one of my regular restaurants where I know the manager or people there, or I am hosting a very important party or trying to impress people (clients or the in laws................lol) that I do not want anything to go wrong or getting slow or poor service, I always tip first, and indicated to the person that if all goes well, there will be more !

A true story: while I was still at Uni, I worked in a country club as a banquet waiter. It's an elite club and all clients are members only, they put a 15% gratuity on all bills but the members usually give more tips on top of that (yes, it's in the US). The club did a lot of weddings and this one time, we were preparing for this wedding for 1,000 guests, while we are still setting up the floor, the Groom contacted the Food & Beverage Manager and assembled all the staff in the ballroom: He thanked everyone for looking after his wedding party and then he handed over a bundle of $20 notes to the F&B Manager to be given out to all the staff - $20 each ! And he told the group that he put away 10 cases of beer for us to enjoy after work !!

You guess it, his party went so smoothly that I have never seen the team work so hard and so efficiently, sure, money talks, everyone was happy with the tip but I think we appreciated he actually thanked the team personally and so humble and down to earth. And the beer! a sure winner !!

So, for me, if I have the money and in a position to host or run a function like that, I will tip first !! It's just me !

Cheers

「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Tipping before the service = Bribery.

Tipping after the service = Reward.
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalFlush View Post
    Whilst i understand the logic behind the idea, just curious to know if its ever backfired. Tipped prior and still got questionable service? I mean, whats good service to one person may not be to another!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    When I started to punt regularly about 5 years ago. My sessions were normally 30 minutes.
    The cost was $85:00.
    I would give the WL 2x $50 notes. She would return to the room with $15:00 change.
    I would just leave it lying where she could see it. I am sure that it worked as an "incentive" for good service.
    It always worked and she always deserved the $15:00.
    These days my sessions are normally 2 or 3 hours.
    I do not always tip my regulars with cash.
    I have other ways that they appreciate, Mouthwash, Baby Wipes, Energy Drinks, Phone Top Up Vouchers, etc.
    I should add that I receive "Favours" in return.

Yes, it's also called To Insure Prompt Service - although I think grammatically it would be To Ensure Prompt Service.

I've never had a time when I've tipped up front and gotten bad service. Yes, it may be seen as bribery by some but it works much more effectively than afterwards and them trying to remember who you were next time.

I absolutely agree with A44. A little up front goes a long way. It doesn't always have to be loads of cash. When I punt, I usually bring my own wine. The stuff they get for free sucks and they'll drink it but they don't enjoy it. I'll often ask the girl what she would drink outside and bring that next time. It's always met with, "wow, you remembered" and I've always gotten freebie extras as a result. Note: I don't ask for extras - if you ask, they go into money mode and will either say that they don't do them or give you a high price. When I keep them in a happy, fun mood, everything just happens at a natural pace.

In the US, I always thought it was a bit crass for the bellboy to stick his hand out after taking bags up so I ended up giving them a $10 or $20 before they took my bags up and the difference was instead of throwing your luggage around, they placed everything gently on the trolley when they took it upstairs and put the bags etc away. They would also spend more time with you showing you how to call downstairs, room service was more prompt etc...

Whether it's bribery or reward, it's one's own money, he has the right to spend it any way he sees fit, it's nobody's business, there's no right or wrong to it !

Except Sextus used to argue that it would ruin the chances for the non-tippers to get good service !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

I see some girls who charge big dollars for extras when they do them.

One girl charged some guy $300 because he really wanted to kiss her. According to her he had very bad breath so initially she kept saying no. Then they settled on a quick close mouthed kiss. All she said after was, thank you, you are really sweet and then took the cash.

I think many of the girls won't charge extras if they like you. Mostly they'll take an extension over payment for extras if they enjoy your time.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I agree jellyshots.

With my regular ladies, I never have to pay for services that some ladies regard as extras.
    On a few occasions I have had WLs contribute to the cost of us extending. (I will not use my Credit Card at a shop)
    I do not abuse this situation and I always repay the gesture in one form or another.
    A Win Win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    the Groom contacted the Food & Beverage Manager and assembled all the staff in the ballroom: He thanked everyone for looking after his wedding party and then he handed over a bundle of $20 notes to the F&B Manager to be given out to all the staff - $20 each ! And he told the group that he put away 10 cases of beer for us to enjoy after work !!
    Totally something I can see myself doing.

Quote Originally Posted by xconcepx View Post
    Whilst i understand the logic behind the idea, just curious to know if its ever backfired. Tipped prior and still got questionable service? I mean, whats good service to one person may not be to another!
    Firstly, I dont tip to everyone. I only tip when it is a special occasion. Like my parents come here for holiday and I want them to be taken care of, or I want to pamper my gf. Last time I tipped was when I was in bali orchestrating my marriage proposal. Everything ran like clockwork and even over exceeded my expectations.

Also, if the waiter is good with the customer service even before he got tipped, tipping prior will improve the service even more. This is also another consideration to make.

And I will describe to the waiter what I want within reason if I want a customised service. Sometimes if the idea is uncommon but exciting, the waiters themselves will get excited too and want watch how the whole event unfolds. (I am just thinking about the marriage proposal that I organised recently).

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I only want to tip for above and beyond service, not the service you should be getting. For those who tip before, does that mean you tip every time you go to the same place, after all, if the staff expect the tip before and you don't deliver, then they may feel they should give you worse service.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Interesting to hear how some people tip ML's and WL's. For me a lot of the time in RnT's places you really want to fuck the girl of course.. but more so kiss or suck on her tits because realistically that is on the table depending if she likes you or not.

Some ML's are very clinical maybe because that's how they tend to work or they don't really like you but there was a ML I saw who was like "it's x dollars extra to suck on my tits". They were some fine tits but I'm there thinking to myself.. your tits are nice but they aren't that nice. This one also teased like hell talking very dirty and wasn't at all cold or clinical but some will try and upsell which there is no problem with but it really kills the vibe.

As for WL's I've never really wanted to spend more than an hour at a brothel except for this one time with Kiki at Ginza who was still sort of raping me as I was leaving which did make me want to throw her back on the bed and go for another hour which didn't end up happening but I do remember reading some reports on here saying that some girls wanted an extension.. god damn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast