Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At 8.38pm General Talk Ist page has 36 shop ads versus 4 punter posts - what gives?

Banned

At 8.38pm General Talk Ist page has 36 shop ads versus 4 punter posts - what gives?

At 8.38pm I noticed that the first page of the General Talk section had 36 shop ads versus 4 punter discussion posts.
    I could be wrong, but it seems there's not a lot of general talk in the General Talk section of the forum.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    You are not the first to raise this issue and you won't be the last.

What's your point?
    If it is the amount of shop ads, nothing will be done about it.
    If u ask why there isnt much talk, threads will disappear amongst the ads so why bother.

Banned
    Yeah it shows that many shops are trying to lure customers desperately. So quiet everywhere.
    End of finance year, uni final exam finished, weather getting colder and colder...

Kill me

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    It's pretty ridiculous

Is it quiet now? is this a good time to punt? Where's the best girls at?
    Info provided is based on my limited knowledge and personal opinions and may or may not be correct, please do your own research and make the phone calls to double check.

Happy punting!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I don't think it can REALLY be that quiet as all the shop prices have been creeping up recently, and if supply / demand rules still work then prices should go the other way. The ubiquitous $35/30 and $60/60 has been replaced by $40/30 and $70/60 as standard. A ML last week asked me for $30 for CHJ and flat out refused my offer of the standard $20. This girl was new to the industry and above average looking but nothing exceptional. I asked her NHJ rate (limited touching, no bodyslide) and she said it was $70. Seemed pretty dismissive when I told her the standard rate was $50. I'm sure she'll continue this charade whilst she's the "new girl" but in 6 months time when she has no regular customers and isn't flavour of the month, she'll revert to market forces to $20/50 tips.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    The General Talk cover page has prefixes for "girl info" and "shop info". I can't see too much problem with shops posting in these threads. It's when they start spamming into the "general talk" prefix page, and "Private after report" pages that they get annoying.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Yeah it shows that many shops are trying to lure customers desperately. So quiet everywhere.
    End of finance year, uni final exam finished, weather getting colder and colder...

Kill me
    The other thing I noticed is that the number of active members at this site is down to about 2200, when it used to be nearer 3,000 approx. 6-9 months ago.
    It seems to me that punter interest is on the decline at this website. Also, due to basic economic reasons & lack of disposable income, punter interest in the shops declining too.
    There seems to be a big slump happening in punter activity at this moment, both online and in the marketplace..

Quote Originally Posted by SoManyTits View Post
    The other thing I noticed is that the number of active members at this site is down to about 2200, when it used to be nearer 3,000 approx. 6-9 months ago.
    It seems to me that punter interest is on the decline at this website. Also, due to basic economic reasons & lack of disposable income, punter interest in the shops declining too.
    There seems to be a big slump happening in punter activity at this moment, both online and in the marketplace..
    You know why ? You know what active members are ?

Active members are those who would sign in to visit the site !

Unlike other sites, Sydney99 doesn't require visitors to sign in to access 90% of the contents, that's why most of the visitors are called " Guests ".

And it's not compulsory for members to write reports on Syd99 either !

Your observation about the decline in number is also untrue ! A year ago, the average number of visitors online in peak hours was around 350, now it's closer to 500 !
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

Banned
    What are you trying to prove?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biethestarr View Post
    I don't think it can REALLY be that quiet as all the shop prices have been creeping up recently, and if supply / demand rules still work then prices should go the other way. The ubiquitous $35/30 and $60/60 has been replaced by $40/30 and $70/60 as standard. A ML last week asked me for $30 for CHJ and flat out refused my offer of the standard $20. This girl was new to the industry and above average looking but nothing exceptional. I asked her NHJ rate (limited touching, no bodyslide) and she said it was $70. Seemed pretty dismissive when I told her the standard rate was $50. I'm sure she'll continue this charade whilst she's the "new girl" but in 6 months time when she has no regular customers and isn't flavour of the month, she'll revert to market forces to $20/50 tips.
    bingo, but there always some stupid guy to pay more for extra....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post

Unlike other sites, Sydney99 doesn't require visitors to sign in to access 90% of the contents, that's why most of the visitors are called " Guests ".

Your observation about the decline in number is also untrue ! A year ago, the average number of visitors online in peak hours was around 350, now it's closer to 500 !
    Hopefully, this place is the busiest and best site around, but, clearly, those punters seeking an active participation in the site have declined over the last 9 months. The site stats
    are currently at 2200, whereas they were at 3000 about nine months ago

I still think there seems to be a big slump happening in punter activity at this moment, both online and in the marketplace. This is a direct reflection of the economic situation in Australia.

Hopefully, this place is the busiest and best site around, but, clearly, those punters seeking an active participation in the site have declined over the last 9 months. The site stats
    are currently at 2200, whereas they were at 3000 about nine months ago

I still think there seems to be a big slump happening in punter activity at this moment, both online and in the marketplace. This is a direct reflection of the economic situation in Australia.
    Have you read my reply above ???

There's no decline in visitors, but they just didn't sign in that's all !

As for members participation, very few posters remain active forever in any forum, but new posters will come along all the time ! I'm sure you have noticed new usernames every other day since you've been around for a while, which brings me the question if you were a concerned member, you would have registered long ago, how come you just registered yesterday and made this sort of comment ? So what's your former username ?

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilisno View Post

i only sign in when i would want to write a reply, so most of the time im a guest username.

Quote Originally Posted by sydneyasiansider View Post
    i only sign in when i would want to write a reply, so most of the time im a guest username.
    That's completely fine, that's what I said in his reply !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Hopefully, this place is the busiest and best site around,
    Don't know about the busiest, but it certainly isn't the best. Reasons?

1. The title of this thread.

2. As Wilisno says, anyone can read the forum without being a member, hence the vast majority of those who come here are leeches, taking but never giving.

3. As Wilisno says, anyone can come here which means that CHILDREN can read this forum. Personally, I think that there is a responsibility to protect children from such discussions.

4. As Wilisno says, anyone can come here which means that the POLICE and other even less desirable people (such as the detestable Chris Seage) can come here and get intel on ladies which in turn causes them and their shops to be mired in unpleasant legal issues. Again, IMO a site such as this should be protecting its customers better (remember that the shops are the site's customers, not us, we are the "product" the site is selling).

5. Even when people do become members, there is no requirement for them to contribute, so they still leech and refuse to contribute in any meaningful way.

6. Sorry, but the mods are far too slow to jump on inappropriate behaviour, even when it goes directly against the site's rules.

Having said that, it is the owners of this site right to run it however they see fit within the laws set down in this country. However it is for the reasons 2 & 5 above that you will never see another review from me. Sorry, but I do not see why I should give people my hard earned (both in effort and finances) knowledge when they do not give back.

Just my opinion. I am sure others will differ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyphil View Post

2. As Wilisno says, anyone can read the forum without being a member, hence the vast majority of those who come here are leeches, taking but never giving.

3. As Wilisno says, anyone can come here which means that CHILDREN can read this forum. Personally, I think that there is a responsibility to protect children from such discussions.

4. As Wilisno says, anyone can come here which means that the POLICE and other even less desirable people (such as the detestable Chris Seage) can come here and get intel on ladies which in turn causes them and their shops to be mired in unpleasant legal issues. Again, IMO a site such as this should be protecting its customers better (remember that the shops are the site's customers, not us, we are the "product" the site is selling).

5. Even when people do become members, there is no requirement for them to contribute, so they still leech and refuse to contribute in any meaningful way.

6. Sorry, but the mods are far too slow to jump on inappropriate behaviour, even when it goes directly against the site's rules.

Having said that, it is the owners of this site right to run it however they see fit within the laws set down in this country. However it is for the reasons 2 & 5 above that you will never see another review from me. Sorry, but I do not see why I should give people my hard earned (both in effort and finances) knowledge when they do not give back.

Fair enough post Mr Phil.

Banned
    Of course punting habits decrease in winter.
    Happens every year.
    Less punts means less reviews means more discounts for those who punt in the cold. It

Junior Member(有D料到)

Re: Points two & three

That's exactly why I don't post reports about my favourite girl(s) anymore. When you find someone you like and enjoy very much, why disclose that more intimate detail that you are enjoying and experiencing? And I'm only a 'Baby' at this game!

Quote Originally Posted by uglyphil View Post

If you behave within the law, there's no need for protection on a sex forum. On the other hand, even if a site requires registration and sign in to browse, that doesn't mean they offer any more protection from all those you mentioned above, they can always register and sign in, yes, children too !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast