Thread: Baccarat etiquette?

Baccarat etiquette?

So I've just started playing baccarat, won a bit of money yesterday by following some big players. I know the basic rules, but don't know why some wins on banker only pays half?

Anyway, what I'm more interested in are the etiquettes or social rules of the game. I only played standing at the sit down tables, and I know the biggest bets gets the cards, and I didn't want to do that so I let the dealer do it whenever I was the biggest bet. If I sit down and just flick the cards over, instead of slowly and suspensingly doing it like everyone else, will it be a dick move?

Also, I noticed that when everyone bet on banker and I bet on player, some people reacted a little and not in a good way. Is this rude to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    So I've just started playing baccarat, won a bit of money yesterday by following some big players. I know the basic rules, but don't know why some wins on banker only pays half?

Anyway, what I'm more interested in are the etiquettes or social rules of the game. I only played standing at the sit down tables, and I know the biggest bets gets the cards, and I didn't want to do that so I let the dealer do it whenever I was the biggest bet. If I sit down and just flick the cards over, instead of slowly and suspensingly doing it like everyone else, will it be a dick move?

Also, I noticed that when everyone bet on banker and I bet on player, some people reacted a little and not in a good way. Is this rude to do?
    Hi there brother Milhouse, I am not a baccarat player but know the game a bit years ago when I was a gambling addicts - on roulette! But that's a different life time .

Gamble responsively is what I like to say to me but too easy to say and very hard to do whether you are on a winning row or losing street !

And you said sometimes you have the biggest bet on the table - good luck and let's be careful out there !

It's perfectly ok to either let the dealer open your cards or just throw them open in one go a la James Bond style , it's your money, your cards and you decide !

You mention when you win on the bankers sometime they only pay you half, you sure that's not the 5% commission taken out ?

Or sometimes after a drawn hand, the players are allowed to place an opposite bet equal to the first bet to get his money back ?

Last but not least, if the whole table are betting on say the banker and you bet on player. Of course they are going to give you the look as you are betting against them !

The same situation , but happens a lot on baccarat table is that you follow some big bets players for a few hands, won some money and walk - that's what I do . Of you can see which player keep losing, then you bet the opposite on him and try to win, but this act is usually considered Not in the good spirit or table manner ! It's best when the whole table all win !

Just my two cents

Cheers

Ps. Come to think of it, there could be a new house rule at Star only that if a certain hand occurs with the banker, you win. But only half is paid. Other more experienced brothers please advise !

Wow, that's how long I had been away from the game, they don't take 5% commission from the Bankers winning hands any more ! Good move, save times too!

And when the Banker's winning hand is a 6, you get paid half only !

There you go .

I think I should stop giving comments on gambling as I'm so out of touch .......lol

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I dont get baccarat, my mate and I went 6 months ago to watch a game on the big screen. we walked around after and saw peeps crowding all around. they read of the card write shit down and take for ever. they are all shouting in chinese and the dealer was hot nice asian bird but no tits

Senior Member(無間使者) HookedonHookerz's Avatar
    I think the best comparison for westerners would be rougby, to us we are wondering why are these guys screaming and dressing up for a team. So what if they win or lose. But still you cheer for your team.