Page 53 of 96 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1914

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    NBA

Spurs +1
    Nets +1.5
    Clippers +7

No more Federer and Kerber had a shocker vs an unknown player. They were my pick of the AO.

But little Ash Barty took out Maria in three sets and now into the quarter final, she can win this thing ! Next up, Kvitova- a rematch of the Sydney final a few weeks ago - a very quick sweet revenge for Barty if she can defect back to back former Wimbledon champs !

Go Ash !!

I can understand why the Union and Waratah signed Isreal Folau and he did well for the code and the Wallabies!

But Karmichael Hunt ?? Seriously , can someone please explain that ??

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Asian Cup is getting to the pointy end now.
    Socceroos just scraped thru!
    Penalty shoot out was intense.
    We are still struggling against average teams.
    Next game is against UAE which is the home team so will be tough, but me might scrape through.
    But after that it gets really tough.
    I don't think we can beat teams like Iran, Japan, and South Korea.
    Great win by Vietnam over Jordan in another tense penalty shoot out.
    Vietnam is my second favourite team. Go Vietnam!

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Asian Cup is getting to the pointy end now.
    Socceroos just scraped thru!
    Penalty shoot out was intense.
    We are still struggling against average teams.
    Next game is against UAE which is the home team so will be tough, but me might scrape through.
    But after that it gets really tough.
    I don't think we can beat teams like Iran, Japan, and South Korea.
    Great win by Vietnam over Jordan in another tense penalty shoot out.
    Vietnam is my second favourite team. Go Vietnam!
    I would like to know about the internal prize money and bonus from the China team ? Like how much each player got paid for winning a match, scoring a goal etc.

Back in 2002 when the one and only time China had qualified for the World Cup (mainly due to Japan and S Korea co hosting), rumour was, each goal will get the player 1 Million US, the team gets 5 mil for a win, 3 Mil for a draw. In the end, zero goal and zero point, so I guess no one got rich from the tournament!

Asian Cup ?

Any tips for the horses or greyhounds or trots today? Going to have the afternoon off and have a few beers and a punt of the other description this arvo at my favourite bar in town!

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    I would like to know about the internal prize money and bonus from the China team ? Like how much each player got paid for winning a match, scoring a goal etc.

Back in 2002 when the one and only time China had qualified for the World Cup (mainly due to Japan and S Korea co hosting), rumour was, each goal will get the player 1 Million US, the team gets 5 mil for a win, 3 Mil for a draw. In the end, zero goal and zero point, so I guess no one got rich from the tournament!

Asian Cup ?
    China is pumping big money into football and the Chinese Football league is very rich.
    China wants to be a major player in the World Game.
    But the level of football in China, as reflected in it's national team is still pretty weak, despite all the money they are pumping into it.
    It would not surprise me if China is offering huge bonuses to it's players.
    But most countries do this, it's just that China does things on a bigger scale.

We are now in the business end of the Aussie Open and in case you haven’t been following, we are doing great in All the doubles matches !

Reaching finals in Men’s, Women’s and the Mixed doubles !

Wonder if that is a new record of having an Australian in all the doubles Finals ?

John Peers is in the Men’s!

Stosur and China’s Zhāng Shuai are in the Women’s and will face the No.2 seed in the final, but they had beaten the no 1 pair in the Quarter so anything is possible.

Now in mixed, we do have an All Australian team of Sharma and JP Smith , yes, we have an Indian girl representing us in the Final ! And all you horny guys should check out her dark tan and exotic face, and those athletic powerful and long lean legs !!

Go Astra!

Go Aussies !!!!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    China is pumping big money into football and the Chinese Football league is very rich.
    China wants to be a major player in the World Game.
    But the level of football in China, as reflected in it's national team is still pretty weak, despite all the money they are pumping into it.
    It would not surprise me if China is offering huge bonuses to it's players.
    But most countries do this, it's just that China does things on a bigger scale.
    Money is useless, China has the 6th most expensive league in the world, but “Football population” and registered player is less than 10% of Japan, Football very reliant on talent pyramid.

So yeah, China football will continue to suck for the forseeable future

Women’s double final is on now!

Stosur struggled to hold serve in the opening game, finally won it after 8 deuces!

Will be great to see the Aussie/Chinese combination to win this though !

Yeah! Sam and Zhāng just won the women’s double final! They share $850K

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Saturday again. Punting is poor but hopes are high. Melb Race 5 No 5 Pretty Brazen. Switch camps and go with McEvoy and Currie. Probably the way I prefer a WL also. Good luck and happy punting 😁

So, Darren Weir is under investigations !

Can he survive ?

How long would he be suspended ?

Disqualified ? Banned for life ??

His horses had won so many major group 1 races like the Cup and VRC Derby, would those results be reviewed again ?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    DK Weir and Jarrod McClean both charged late today. Show cause notices issued and all runners scratched till Tuesday. As they say, the shit has just hit the fan. The horses in training are worth millions. There are hundreds of workers scratching their heads and towns built up around this empire wondering what next. I hope it is all beat up, because if it is not, the nightmare will be hard on many😑😑😑

Back to Back 10 wickets match from the Aussie quicks !!

Firstly it was Cummins, now Starc ! well done guys. Only wished that if you could have done so to the Indian team. But then again, they probably needed the kicks up the back side and 4 batsman making a century in the same match !!

Congrats guys, next up the POMS !!

So, assuming Smith will come right back in and Warner will be fit from his operation.

Who will be the starting XI in the Ashes (bar any injury )

My team will be:

Burns
    Warner
    Khawaja
    Smith
    Head
    Patterson
    Paine
    Cummins
    Starc
    Hazelwood
    Lyon

Thoughts ??

Junior Member(有D料到)
    For those who follow the NFL..

How good was the Patriot.. And the legendary Tom Brady.. simply sensational

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozziesam View Post
    For those who follow the NFL..

How good was the Patriot.. And the legendary Tom Brady.. simply sensational
    Congrats to the Patriots.

Talking about one man’s fall from grace becoming another man’s once in a life time gains/opportunities!

From Racing.com that Maher will be taking over DWeir’s Ballarat training facilities and many of Weir’d Group 1 horses:

The Group 1 winners formally trained by Weir are Extra Brut, Humidor, Gailo Chop, Sopressa, Voodoo Lad, Age Of Fire and Land Of Plenty.

Before acquiring Weir's horses, Maher and Eustace had only one active Group 1 winner in their stable, Aloisia.

Maher was previous best known for training a Caulfield Cup winner in Jameka- I backed that too !

Banned
    How does using batteries on horses at training make any difference to the horses when they are racing with no electric incentive?

Banned
    In the tens of thousands of words of verbal diarrohea journalists have written on this topic, my unanswered question - the only one that matters - is something they don't think to mention.

i mean, checking for electric saddles at the races by the stewards is surely standard practice, like weighing the jockies?

The horse in the pic above is a dead giveaway.

Page 53 of 96 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast