Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1914

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    fck fuck fuck i had 2nd 3rd and 4th in quinella and trifecta

I still came out ahead because I backed emissary e/w but I had a lot more on it to win

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Gold Trip saved my bacon, broke even.

Finally, we have seen some true contest and competitive matches in the Rugby League World Cup but had to wait until the Semi Finals.

But they are definitely worth the waiting for, the Aussie just edged pass the Kiwi by two points. And then Samoa beat England by a field goal in Golden Point !

So next Sunday we will see the Aussie Vs Samoa, but wait, isn’t it almost like a country vs country but in fact it’s teammates vs teammates?

4 Penrith back lines vs 4 Penrith forwards ! And Luai vs Cleary. I wonder who will be hitting who the harder ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Samoa: recently beat Australia in RU:Final of RL World Cup: 70 guys in the NFL: Major part of the NZ, Aus, England Rugby teams. From a total population of 100,000 men. God help us all if they start taking it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by priapus1966 View Post
    Samoa: recently beat Australia in RU:Final of RL World Cup: 70 guys in the NFL: Major part of the NZ, Aus, England Rugby teams. From a total population of 100,000 men. God help us all if they start taking it seriously.

Well, it’s almost not fair that the Pacific Islanders are being country listed into Samoa, Tonga and Fiji !! In decades, they were all trying to play for New Zealand first, and the “ unwanted discards” ended up playing for their own tiny islands nations. But if you look at what Samoa could achieve in the space of 5 weeks: from getting steam rolled by England 60-6 in round 1 to beating the host country in a classic thriller 27-26 in the semi, they are in with a chance of upsetting the Aussies.

The Australian team is basically the best of the best from the origin teams , and they got a big scare from the Kiwis.

The Samoan probably can use a few more troops from their cousins in Fiji and Tonga. Just image if you add Jason Taumulolo, Kolomatangi, Taukeiaho and Koroisau to the Samoan forwards, they can definitely match it with the Aussies !

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Pretty funny to see Italy defeat Australia in Rugby Union. Alastair from Macquarie Bank will be crying into his nose beers.

Anyone watching the Australia vs Samoa in RLWC final ?

Need two more of the Australian back line to also score a try to finally win some money in this World Cup’s same game multi.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    you bloody beauty Australia!

Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Anyone watching the Australia vs Samoa in RLWC final ?
    Mate, you are a true aussie sports fan. Setting the alarm to be up at 3 o'clock in the morning.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Now that’s out of the way we can actually focus on the real World Cup. Cmon australia!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by fnmfnmfnm View Post
    Now that’s out of the way we can actually focus on the real World Cup. Cmon australia!
    It’d be nice if they do well but do you think we have any chance against Denmark or France?

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R-form View Post
    It’d be nice if they do well but do you think we have any chance against Denmark or France?
    Zero chance. We are a below average team with not one single world class player and a mug journeyman coach.
    We have already over achieved by making it to the World Cup Finals.
    Still I will be up early, and staying up late cheering on the Socceroos again, just like I have been for decades.
    It always ends in tears though.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Zero chance. We are a below average team with not one single world class player and a mug journeyman coach.
    We have already over achieved by making it to the World Cup Finals.
    Still I will be up early, and staying up late cheering on the Socceroos again, just like I have been for decades.
    It always ends in tears though.
    I was not long 18 when we played Japan in the first game in 2006. I went with mates to the workers club to watch it about 2am and remember everyone going mental for Cahills first goal, and then it just escalated further when we won.

Quote Originally Posted by R-form View Post
    I was not long 18 when we played Japan in the first game in 2006. I went with mates to the workers club to watch it about 2am and remember everyone going mental for Cahills first goal, and then it just escalated further when we won.
    Timmy Cahill was a Champion and our best National footballer in the World Game, he not only scored our first ever World Cup goal, he scored a double vs Japan which put us through to our first ever round of 16 game and lost the match to the eventual winner Italy in a stupid penalty, you would wonder what could happen if we hanged in there for a few more minutes and went to penalty shoot out??

Cahill scored a total of 5 goals in three World Cup, he’s a legend .

enjoying the world cup but the wogs and dagos and spics on SBS are really annoying.
    Bring back Johnny Warren! and Les Murray ... and Tony Palumbo. yeah OK, Tony and Les were wogs, but they had class

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    enjoying the world cup but the wogs and dagos and spics on SBS are really annoying.
    Bring back Johnny Warren! and Les Murray ... and Tony Palumbo. yeah OK, Tony and Les were wogs, but they had class
    For World Cup commentary, the one and only Martin Tyler ! 👍👏

For World Cup commentary, the one and only Martin Tyler ! ����
    Martin Tyler is the king.
    Actually all the British commentators are brilliant.
    It has to be a British accent for football commentary.
    Football commentary with an Aussie accent is a war crime against humanity.
    The South American guys with the GOOOOOAAAAALLLLLL!!! are pretty cool too.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    For World Cup commentary, the one and only Martin Tyler ! 👍👏
    Gotta agree with that !

Richie Benaud voice of cricket
    Martin Tyler voice of soccer
    Ray Warren voice of rugby league
    Gene Okerlund voice of world wrestling
    Ted Lowe voice of snooker

If only punting had a World Cup championship.....and based on the shenanigans on this forum, Australia would be fucked !

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I'm a big soccer guy so I'm loving this tournament. I even forgoe my usual Sat night punt/fuck to watch the Australian game.

Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast