Page 81 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1914

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Sorry, I hope you are right but I think 2,400 would probably the max he can win, just can’t find any staying bloodline in his pedigrees at all. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a champion but the two miles may find him wanting . Betting wise I will still use him as an anchor. I wish he win, I had $50 on he winning the Cups Double at $13.00!
    Just noticed that Sportsbet has already paid out Incentivise winning the Cups Doubles this morning !

Giving me $650 free money to play the Cup Trifecta 👍 or should I just put the whole lot back on Incentivise to win @$2.50 ?

Ps. Just bet $400 @$2.75 with a power play to collect $1,100 👌

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Any tips for Melbourne cup ? I always follow this forums punt...

Quote Originally Posted by deep123 View Post
    Any tips for Melbourne cup ? I always follow this forums punt...
    Looks like plenty of punters are loading up on the favorite no 2 Incentivise!

I’m happy just to sit back and watch him win tomorrow and collect my grand …….. haha

Ps. Still have $250 in the bank for a trifecta . If no 2 can’t stay the two miles, the exotics would pay well .

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Looks like plenty of punters are loading up on the favorite no 2 Incentivise!

I’m happy just to sit back and watch him win tomorrow and collect my grand …….. haha

Ps. Still have $250 in the bank for a trifecta . If no 2 can’t stay the two miles, the exotics would pay well .
    @ahlungor :What is your trifecta selection this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by deep123 View Post
    @ahlungor :What is your trifecta selection this year ?
    Brother deep, here we go:

It's Melbourne Cup time again.

Here are my selections for this year's Cup Trifecta:

With Incentivise the overwhelming favourite at $2.90 and lesser presence of international stayers, this year's Cup could well be an one horse race and we just have to find the horses to run second and third.

If all the well fancy horses run into the placings, this could be a very small payout trifecta.

Therefore, I will recommend we place two trifecta bets, one with 8 horses boxed trifecta like previous years, and one with a standout trifecta for no. 2 to win, if he does, we could easily collect on both tickets:

The Boxed Trifecta: (1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 16, 22, 24)

1. Twilight Payment, defending champion, up in weight, in similar form to last year, Joseph O'Brien is in town and he should run well again leading up front $14.00

2. Incentivise - the boom horse for the Brisbane carnival and just won the Caulfield Cup in similar authority like Might and Power, if he stays, he win, simple as that $2.90

3. Spanish Mission - coming downunder with excellent staying form, have a slight set back which is no good, great UK trainer and Williams on, hope he is fit and well $9.00

6. The Chosen One - ran 4th in the Cup last year, with less international around, he could run a couple more places up. we need him for value $35.00

8. Ocean Billy - Auckland Cup winner on a good track by 2.3L w/56kg, Sportsbet/Ladbrokes both have miss printed his form. 6 of his 7 wins were in fact on good track, knock out chance ! $41.00

16. Grand Promenade - won the Bart Cumming which is a good guide, in form and consistent, loves Flemington, 3 times Cup winning jockey on. $15.00

22. Floating Artist - another in form stayer with no weight. all wins on firm and good track. $12.00

24. Sir Lucan - only Northern Hemisphere 3 yr old in field, Glen Boss will give him every chance, he is a full brother to Sir Dragonet who won the Cox Plate last year and the Tancred Stakes (2400) at Randwick with Boss on. $21.00

It will cost $336.00 for 1 unit - I bet at 50% for $168.00

Second Trifecta with Incentivise to Stand out:

2. Incentivise to win

With the following horses to run 2nd or 3rd:

1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 24

It will cost $182.00 for 1 unit - I bet at 50% for $91.00

Good luck to us all.

Cheers

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    OK, one thing is for absolute 100% certain. Incentivise will NOT win. No fucking way. No chance. Will not happen.
    Beyond that, anything is possible.
    Spanish Mission is a strong chance, and even Twilight Payment could make history as the fist 9yo to win. Explosive Jack is a chance, and Tralee Rose could do it. And my money is on Verry Eleggant.
    Also at least one horse will be shot dead.
    That is a Melbourne Cup tradition now - a horse has to be sacrificed every year to placate the bloodthirsty punting gods. If not then they will release a thousand plagues upon us and lets be honest one plague was enough to fuck us, so we don't 1,000 of them. My money is on Delphi to be euthanised/sacrificed.

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Also at least one horse will be shot dead.
    That would be an excellent subversive market for a bookie to frame.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Damn Rooter you nailed it. your punting budget this week must be through the roof

How good is the Ashes? Two up and could wrap up the series at the G from Boxing Day!

Starc’ first ball Duck set the scene with the new Captain Cummins taking a fiver supported by Warner’s first opening 90’s and Head’s 152!

Total domination!

Then in Adelaide , we saw Warner getting his second opening 90’s with the Marnus century and stand in Captain Smith’s 90’s all valuable runs, Keeper Carey got a half century plus Starc’s 39 no among 80+ runs added by the tails. A very good looking score card and great to see the top order, middle order and the tails all making runs.

Lyon got his 400th plus many more and Richardson finally stood up with a Fiver on the 2nd inning so his spot should be safe now.

How much is the odds for Warner to score a century on the Boxing Day Test ?

Watching the Ashes test on tv and a couple of things sprung to mind.

Why are the commentators wearing suits and ties, I mean what sort of wanker wears a suit to a cricket match?

Why do they stick microphones up their noses? Might as well stick them up their arses for all the good they do.

Why do they call Ponting "Punter" is he one of us poor souls?

Just a bit of tongue in cheek - I dunno.

Don't get me started on that D joke o vic tennis c**t.

WayneK
    Waynekerr by name, waynekerr by nature.

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr View Post

Why are the commentators wearing suits and ties, I mean what sort of wanker wears a suit to a cricket match?

Why do they stick microphones up their noses? Might as well stick them up their arses for all the good they do.

WayneK
    Wayne, there are lots of traditions in Sports especially many sporting events with historical significance.

Ever wonder why players can only wear all white attires when playing in Wimbledon?

The Ashes commentators wearing suit and tie should also be part of the traditions. Just like all the trainers and owners have to wear suits to the races, why not? It’s a good way to show respects ! 👏👍

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar

WayneK
    He's gone. I mean, what the F was he thinking anyway, trying to get around the rules like that. Did he actually think that he would be able to get away with it, when he's such a high-profile player setting examples for many to follow?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    He's gone. I mean, what the F was he thinking anyway, trying to get around the rules like that. Did he actually think that he would be able to get away with it, when he's such a high-profile player setting examples for many to follow?
    Natural immunity from the past infection is actually recognised as fully vaccinated in several European countries.
    DJoker has had Covid twice so perhaps he thought he had built some type of natural immunity.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    The funniest thing is the Victorian Government giving him permission to play. Then the Victorian Government wouldn't support a work permit for him to play. So much for Chairman Dan saying they wouldn't let him in unless he was vaxxed.

Absolutely! All shit f' brains D joke had to do was get vaxxed in the first place. Fmrd how hard is it?

WayneK
    Waynekerr by name, waynekerr by nature.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Absolutely! All shit f' brains D joke had to do was get vaxxed in the first place. Fmrd how hard is it?

WayneK
    Maybe he can't get vaccinated because of some health issues or whatever? It is very unlikely as he must be really healthy to play at this level but we don't know his private life and it's actually none of our business.
    I hope he is treated as everybody: if he has a valid exemption for whatever reason then he has the right to be here right? However if he doesn't have a valid exemption then he shouldn't be here at the first place.
    But how come he was able to come here if he was not allowed? Some people did a very bad job somewhere then!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by surething91 View Post
    Maybe he can't get vaccinated because of some health issues or whatever? It is very unlikely as he must be really healthy to play at this level but we don't know his private life and it's actually none of our business.
    I hope he is treated as everybody: if he has a valid exemption for whatever reason then he has the right to be here right? However if he doesn't have a valid exemption then he shouldn't be here at the first place.
    But how come he was able to come here if he was not allowed? Some people did a very bad job somewhere then!
    Visa's are auto generated online when you apply for one. On arrival in Oz you have to have the documentation to back up what you put on your application. It appears he couldn't produce the documentation. BTW he is a anti vaxxer against everything

Wow, Scott Boland, take a bow !!

After taking 6/7 in the MCG, just took out the England Captain and the other opener with 2 for 0!

Have we seen a better performance for a bowler on his first two matches??

Ps, and as I am typing this, Green just took out Malan! 4 for 36 !

Very interesting that the Victorian Government had put Novak in the Park Hotel, at first I thought that must be one of those luxury 4/5 Star quarantine hotel . But then the news came out that it is in fact a very run down hotel being used for detainees who are asylum seekers and some of them been there for 9 years.

I won’t be surprised if Novak would vow never to return down under after receiving this treatment.

I also think that “rules is rules “, and Novak should be told upfront that if he is not fully vaccinated he won’t be able to enter Australia hence he won’t be defending his title , no mucking around with exemptions and all that.

There has been a slight misunderstanding:

Australia said: No one can come to Australia without vaccination.

Djokovic heard: No 1 can come to Australia without vaccination.

Page 81 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast