Page 47 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

Just on Winx, there is no doubt in our mind that she is one of our best ever ! But without actually winning overseas still leave a tiny hole in her resume - unlike Black Caviar who also won at Royal Ascot!

What a race it could have been if Winx could line up against Enable and Cracksmsn say over 2,000 on turf - anywhere in the world and settle the argument once and for all ?

hi brother. love this thread. is there any tips for next weeks melbourne cup? i cant tell what to look out for in horses. love to put a few informed bets on. thnxs bro

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    A punt a day. Keeps the doctors away

Quote Originally Posted by qwank View Post
    hi brother. love this thread. is there any tips for next weeks melbourne cup? i cant tell what to look out for in horses. love to put a few informed bets on. thnxs bro

Brother qwank,

Yes, it is an annual tradition that yours truly will share my Cup trifecta tips here, and hopefully win some punting money for people who follows.

Please check back on Monday afternoon !

Cheers

yesssss...!☆☆

Another loss by the Aussie in Perth yesterday at the ODI’s vs South Africa - also missing a few of their top players .

Ps. Why Mitch Starc wasn’t given the New Ball ??

Congratulations to Ash Barty, now number 15 in the world after winning in China !

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Got to love Melbourne cup... the time of year where nearly everyone becomes an expert in horse racing...

All the best for everyone tomorrow!!

This year's Melbourne Cup, as usual, are dominated by so many overseas runners, it will be quite hard for the locally trained horse even run into the minor placings, Won't be surprised to see another repeat of the Caulfield Cup result where the first 4 horses were all trained overseas!

If you take a look at the current TAB odds, you will see most of the top fancy runners are all European horses, and we might as well just hand it over to 1, 3, 5 & 11 and make $150 for the Cup Trifecta !

It would well be the case but we punters can't just bet on the favouirtes only, so I am going to include five of the overseas raiders and add 3 of the best locals ...............lol, and the fact is, two of my locals were in fact also imports !

So, please gamble responsibly:

1. Best Solution $12.00 won the Caulfield Cup and got no penalty may be Greg Carpenter was telling us something, but you can never leave out the Caulfield Cup winner can you?

3. Magic Circle $9.00 Won 2 x 3,200+ races in UK in dominant fashion and drop a little weight too, and Corey Brown won last year.

5. Muntahaa $12.00 Won Ebor 2,800 by 3L with 61kg, same trainer as Enable who just won the l'Arc and Breeders Cup turf double

9. Marmelo $15.00, had won 2 and finished second twice since failed in last year's Cup, back fresh this time and Huge Bowman stays on, no one is riding better than Hugie

10. Avilius $12.00, will it be destiny that James Cummings shall win the first Cup for the Godolphin connection using the proven Cup formula from Bart ? similar path as Green Moon and Almandin.

11. Yucatan $6.00 worthy favourite if he can repeat the Herbert Power run, he is a good thing. same path as Protectionist but Yucatan was much more dominant, easing down to win.

16. Ventura Storm $34.00 my outsider in the tips, why not? last time a Moonee Valley Cup record was broken, Prince of Penzance won the Cup at 100-1, The Hayes camp has been rather quiet so far in the Carnival, may be this big one is just around the corner. Last year they won the Caulfield Cup with Boom Times at 50-1 ?

22. Youngstar $15.00 Best of the locals, can not overlook she ran 1 length behind Winx in the Turnbull, forget she even ran in the Caulfield Cup, CW+CW combination could deliver both Waller and Williams their respective first Cup !!

As per previous year, 8 horses boxed Trifecta would cost you $336.00 or $168.00 for 1/2 unit. it would be $1,680 for 1 unit in the First 4 or another $168.00 for 10% which is what I will be doing. total outlay $336.00 which is less than what I just won in the Group 1 Kennedy Miles Trifecta last Saturday.

Good luck to you all,

Hope you all bet a winner somewhere.

Cheers

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Melbourne Cup is tomorrow...
    But
    NBA has good situational bet.
    Cleveland +3.5
    BOL

Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    This year's Melbourne Cup, as usual, are dominated by so many overseas runners, it will be quite hard for the locally trained horse even run into the minor placings, Won't be surprised to see another repeat of the Caulfield Cup result where the first 4 horses were all trained overseas!

If you take a look at the current TAB odds, you will see most of the top fancy runners are all European horses, and we might as well just hand it over to 1, 3, 5 & 11 and make $150 for the Cup Trifecta !

It would well be the case but we punters can't just bet on the favouirtes only, so I am going to include five of the overseas raiders and add 3 of the best locals ...............lol, and the fact is, two of my locals were in fact also imports !

1. Best Solution $12.00 won the Caulfield Cup and got no penalty may be Greg Carpenter was telling us something, but you can never leave out the Caulfield Cup winner can you?

3. Magic Circle $9.00 Won 2 x 3,200+ races in UK in dominant fashion and drop a little weight too, and Corey Brown won last year.

5. Muntahaa $12.00 Won Ebor 2,800 by 3L with 61kg, same trainer as Enable who just won the l'Arc and Breeders Cup turf double

9. Marmelo $15.00, had won 2 and finished second twice since failed in last year's Cup, back fresh this time and Huge Bowman stays on, no one is riding better than Hugie

10. Avilius $12.00, will it be destiny that James Cummings shall win the first Cup for the Godolphin connection using the proven Cup formula from Bart ? similar path as Green Moon and Almandin.

11. Yucatan $6.00 worthy favourite if he can repeat the Herbert Power run, he is a good thing. same path as Protectionist but Yucatan was much more dominant, easing down to win.

16. Ventura Storm $34.00 my outsider in the tips, why not? last time a Moonee Valley Cup record was broken, Prince of Penzance won the Cup at 100-1, The Hayes camp has been rather quiet so far in the Carnival, may be this big one is just around the corner. Last year they won the Caulfield Cup with Boom Times at 50-1 ?

22. Youngstar $15.00 Best of the locals, can not overlook she ran 1 length behind Winx in the Turnbull, forget she even ran in the Caulfield Cup, CW+CW combination could deliver both Waller and Williams their respective first Cup !!

As per previous year, 8 horses boxed Trifecta would cost you $336.00 or $168.00 for 1/2 unit. it would be $1,680 for 1 unit in the First 4 or another $168.00 for 10% which is what I will be doing. total outlay $336.00 which is less than what I just won in the Group 1 Kennedy Miles Trifecta last Saturday.

Good luck to you all,

Hope you all bet a winner somewhere.

Cheers
    cheers Thank u!

I have rotten luck generally in the Melbourne Cup. A few years ago my computer hung just as i was laying a sizeable bet on Protectionist. I think the last winner i picked before that was Makybe Diva and everyone tipped her that year. I backed the Japanese horse a few years ago that died on the track!

Having said that, with the rain in Melbourne today, Magic Circle is looking like a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Raybo View Post
    I have rotten luck generally in the Melbourne Cup. A few years ago my computer hung just as i was laying a sizeable bet on Protectionist. I think the last winner i picked before that was Makybe Diva and everyone tipped her that year. I backed the Japanese horse a few years ago that died on the track!

Having said that, with the rain in Melbourne today, Magic Circle is looking like a good thing!
    Yeap, good tip Brother Ray, just put another $50 on the Magic Circle @$9.50 (enhanced odds), that would pay for a whole months RnT ........ haha

Go Magic !

Hold everything, it's raining heavily in Melbourne and the track is now already a soft 6, may have to look for real wet track forms now !

Back soon .......

Ps. Except Magic Circle , he can be an anchor horse now!

OK, just went back and checked all my original selections and most of them have actually got some wet track forms, some were better than the others.

If we have already placed your bet, there are still good chance you can win, but with an Heavy 8 track now, it's gonna be a lot tougher than before and many of the form lines would no longer be relevant.

So my updated tips are as follows:

2. The Cliffsofmoher, $19.00 won on wet, now included

5. Muntahaa $12.00 Won Ebor 2,800 by 3L with 61kg, same trainer as Enable who just won the l'Arc and Breeders Cup turf double, no winning form on soft, will let go !

7. Who Shot Thebarman, $41.00 with the rain, it will bring the rest of the field back to this grand old campaigner, could run a place, now included

11. Yucatan $6.00 worthy favourite if he can repeat the Herbert Power run, he is a good thing. same path as Protectionist but Yucatan was much more dominant, easing down to win. No winning form on soft, will let go

Good luck everyone !

Cheers

I think by the time the Cup runs at 3pm, it could well be a bottomless track ! I wish it was like Diva’s second Cup where both the Champ and Vinnie Roe were good in the heavy going , that was one of my easier Cup trifecta , the top 2 and the field !

Suggesting everyone bet with caution this year, may be scale your bets down by half and save your bullets and live to fight another day ??

Cheers

haha. i went hard on your original bet ahlungor. no worries. its a punt! whether wet or not wet. its all about the thrill. just like punting

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    I'm going for the local lass Youngstar.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_Prowl View Post
    Melbourne Cup is tomorrow...
    But
    NBA has good situational bet.
    Cleveland +3.5
    BOL
    Cavs +4.5 & bulls +2.5 muti
    6/11/2018 10:08:05
    Standard Multi (2 legs)
    $3500.00
    $13090.00

Nice and easy

I have Yucatan & muntahaa

Good luck guys

Another Cup went overseas , finally, Godolphin got his prize, still overseas raiders filled the first 4 but unfortunately Not the four fancy by the punters !

We can blame that on the weather !

Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Another Cup went overseas , finally, Godolphin got his prize, still overseas raiders filled the first 4 but unfortunately Not the four fancy by the punters !

We can blame that on the weather !
    Standard Melbourne Cup for me. 1st and 2nd in my trifecta bet....my good bet run like a busted arse.......hahaha. Still can't wait until next year!

Page 47 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast