Page 67 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1914

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    What a knock !

Welcome back Steve Smith, didn’t we love to have you back in the team ! 144 runs - more than the total runs scored by the rest of the team , it’s a Captain’s run but without the little c next to his name .

Was it 8-122 and we were in all sort then in come the no 10 Peter Siddle, another old timer getting a recall and put on 44 runs and faced off 85 balls to put on a partnership - Smith was still short of his ton though, then Gary arrived , hitting 12 runs all boundaries and most importantly see out 26 balls and for Smithy to get the final 62 runs to make history and complete his come back ! Don’t we all feel better this morning !
    What are the current betting odds for Steve Smith to top the series batting runs total. Is that a done deal?
    Lets set up.a betting syndicate on that and fund an aus99 party if he succeeds

Quote Originally Posted by brauninc View Post
    The human eye of these inept umpires, will never beat the drs for accuracy. Thank god Smith challenged his lbw or this match would be over. Steve smith is now a cricketing god in all our eyes.
    He will have to buy Peter Siddle and Lyon a few beer each to show his appreciation!

Ps. Did anyone else think that Tim Paine might have thrown his cricket away too easily and too early ? So that Steve Smith wouldn’t be able to do what he did ? As no 7, the Captain and the last recognised batsman at the time, under the circumstances, why won’t he knockle down and stay with Smith to rescue the inning and the test ? Don’t believe me? go watch Stuart Broad’s unbelievable and surprised look on his face when he got Paine’s Wicket! He certainly thought that was a gift !

So when can Smith be named captain again ??

Well, England is nearly level at Stumps and with 6 wickets in hand looking very hard to beat from here !

99 King Member (帝皇會員) Travelmate's Avatar
    Bet Australia to lose

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I bet it’s a draw...if they bat the whole day tomorrow on Day 4

The empiring standard in this first Ashes have been very much sub par to say the least. I was watching a bit of Steve Smith Matthew Wade batting this morning and there was a shout for leg before in Wade, can’t remember who blowed and big appeal from England and the finger went up. And Wade reviewed it.

On the first replay even a novice like me can tell it’s too high as the ball hit his upper leg above the pad and as the ball tracking shows it was way over so not even close !

Quote Originally Posted by Travelmate View Post
    Bet Australia to lose
    Bro Mate, I hope you haven’t put money in this as Australia can’t lose now !

Quote Originally Posted by SexyBoi View Post
    I bet it’s a draw...if they bat the whole day tomorrow on Day 4
    Draw is very likely if Root and the middle order can bat out the day tonight, and I think the Aussie is the only team can win now !

Banned
    .................................................. ..

Nathan Lyon got a Fiver ! Just two more to win !!

And got Broard the next ball, on a hat trick !

One more to win !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    What a remarkable comeback by the Australian Cricket Team!! From 122-8 down on Day 1 and winning the Test Match by 251 runs at “Fortress Edgbaston.” Thanks to double Hundreds by Steve Smith (also a remarkable personal comeback!), the welcome century by Matthew Wade and followed by an amazing performance by Nathan Lyon, Pat Cummins and the rest of the bowlers. Go Aussies!!!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    One of the best feeling ever! Go the aussies

Quote Originally Posted by khaldrogo View Post
    And Jimmy Anderson can’t run . Going to be a Great win, inspired by S Smith!
    JA is gone ! I think they will call in Archer next Test who is very fast and dangerous as seen from the World Cup!

But Lords has been very good for the Aussies in the past : Smith got his first test Century at Lords ? If he fires again and we go two up, the Urns is coming home !

And congratulations to Nick Kyrgios winning in Washington beating the no 1 and no 3 seeds of the tournament in consecutive matches !

Thanks for behaving ? And playing some good tennis !

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akeem75 View Post
    One of the best feeling ever! Go the aussies
    Fantastic Test Match!
    One of the best performances by Australia in recent times.
    Our two openers need to get their shit together in the next tests, and we have to find room in the team for our best fast bowler Starc, but the rest of the team are looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Fantastic Test Match!
    One of the best performances by Australia in recent times.
    Our two openers need to get their shit together in the next tests, and we have to find room in the team for our best fast bowler Starc, but the rest of the team are looking great.
    I think if you just pick players on form , it’s very simple:

Bancroft has no runs so he has to go although he made some great catches this morning!

Warner no runs too but he is too good to be dropped and he had good World Cup form, he is Not gonna be quiet for long and when he fires, watch out! So either Khawaja or Head can open with Warner, didn’t Wade also open as well ?

Patterson made 47 not out and should be kept as an all rounder, Siddle is bowling tight and his 44 with Smith was equally important in rescuing the first inning so the only person in should be Starc !

End of discussion?

Ps. What they do, No Marsh please !

Banned
    AL if you had just taken 5 min to know me a bit better instead of shoving a poker
    stick up my fuckin arse everytime i show up . Expect the consequences three can
    go to zero or up 16 its up to you ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Djokovic is currently the best tennis player in the world and a very good example to young players. Now one of the greatest.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I agree with no Marsh! They have had too many chances

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I love Kyrgios even though he can be a bit of an arse at times

Page 67 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast