Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

First time ever in Rugby League history that a team has two players with 300 games experiences playing in the Finals !

Well done and congratulations to the Melbourne Storms, Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk on his 300th this Saturday !

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Those guys would not be in same team if not getting cash under the table

Quote Originally Posted by paulgallen View Post
    Those guys would not be in same team if not getting cash under the table

And Paul Gallen hasn't ??

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Totally innocent 😎 sharkies are cleared. Unlike the eels this year

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Anyone thought the sharkies would ve beat the Raiders ?

We're going all the way baby !
    We absolutely thrashed the cowgirls.

All the way is almost there !! Still no believers ??

Banned

Just the way a NRL grand final should be!
    Not a bloody QLD team in sight!

This Grand Final weekend between the AFL and NRL is very fascinating:

4 teams left in the running, two teams from Melbourne and two teams from Sydney.

Sydney Swan is the minor premier of the AFL this season, going into it's third Grand Final in 5 years, 14 of the players on Saturday were in that 2014 losing team to the Hawks and they have waited two long years to seek redemption. Can they ? Apart from losing to the GWS in week one - which might be just the wake up calls they need, and if they can win on Saturday, they may have to thank the GWS to give them a kick up the back side ! The Swans was absolutely dominant vs the Crows and the Cats, those two final matches were probably won in the first quarter respectively. If the same Swans turn up on Saturday, they will win by 40+ and a good thing.

Bulldogs fans had waited long enough for their team to reach the GF again, and after they beat the Eagles in Perth, Hawks at the MCG and the GWS in Sydney, who is to say they can't do it again and have a fairy tale finish. Melbourne West would love to see the Dogs come up but can they win 4 sudden death "Grand Finals" in a row ? Probably not ! Unless the Swans collectively have a shocker, which is highly unlikely.

Speaking about fairy tales, I think the Sharks have a better chance in winning their first ever Premiership than the Dogs. They have, after all, finished the season in the third position and very luckily have no injury and can field a full roster on Sunday. and they can also match the Storms across the park, so I am very concerned that they might get up (I am going for the Storms obviously!) . And I have a feeling that if the Sharks do win, they will win big - like a 2-3 tries lead so that the Storms can not run them down. On the other hand, if the Storms get in front or if the game is in the balance 10 min to go, the Storms would probably get home with the very experienced Cam Smith and Cronk leading them to another Premiership. Last time the Storms get beaten in a Grand Final, Cam Smith was suspended !

With four teams left, will it be an all Sydney or all Melbourne finish ?

The bookies say Swans and Storms - so a Sydney team winning in Melbourne and a Melbourne team winning in Sydney !! And both are minor premiers in their respective code, so why not ?

or will it be a fairy tales weekend with the Dogs and Sharks both winning and create history ?

Senior Member(無間使者)

GF Weekend

Yes, it will be an excellent weekend of sport, if the Swans and Storm win, I will collect a decent Premiership Double that I put on a while ago. I think it will be intense with genuine dislike between Cameron Smith and Paul Gallen. It is basically State of Origin. I don't care about the Sharks, especially with their recent history with drugs and I can't stand Fifita, I don't want to see him celebrate. Sharks could choke big time. Go Storm!!

In the AFL, I think it is a toss up, and as you alluded to Ahlungor, I hope the Swans don't forget the pain of when the Hawks beat them. The Bulldogs look bulletproof, like a really good team, they are comfortable leading or coming from behind. Hopefully Buddy will fire, he should be up for it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
    Yes, it will be an excellent weekend of sport, if the Swans and Storm win, I will collect a decent Premiership Double that I put on a while ago. I think it will be intense with genuine dislike between Cameron Smith and Paul Gallen. It is basically State of Origin. I don't care about the Sharks, especially with their recent history with drugs and I can't stand Fifita, I don't want to see him celebrate. Sharks could choke big time. Go Storm!!

In the AFL, I think it is a toss up, and as you alluded to Ahlungor, I hope the Swans don't forget the pain of when the Hawks beat them. The Bulldogs look bulletproof, like a really good team, they are comfortable leading or coming from behind. Hopefully Buddy will fire, he should be up for it!!!
    I like everything you said up there brother !

You win I win !!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)

I'm not gonna say I told you so.

Go the Sharkies from the Shire😎😎😎

The result was never in doubt from weeks and weeks ago. We were always destined to win it.

I'm not gonna say I told you so.

Go the Sharkies from the Shire😎😎😎

The result was never in doubt from weeks and weeks ago. We were always destined to win it.
    Congratulations to the Sharks, your team was the better side tonight, deserved to win ! But it was really close though and you almost not get there !

So the fairy tale God of sports was pretty fair to all: Leicester City, Western Bulldogs and now the Sharks !

Well done all.

Cheers

Banned
    I left my porch light on for the whole game! Do I turn it off now?

Nah - I'll leave it on all night tonight I think!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Spent my punting money on grand final tickets to see the sharks win a tough game against the storm (yah fukn who)......
    Money well spent cause no WL has made me smile or feel this good!⚫️⚪️🔵🏆50 years boys!

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    At the start of the year I thought it would be Melbourne Storm in the NRL and Sydney Swans in the AFL.
    That was still my prediction right up until 10 minutes before full time in both Grand Final games.
    But I am glad to have been proven wrong.
    The Footscray fans and Cronulla fans have waited long enough for this day..
    Congratulations to both teams and their fans.
    Enjoy!

Banned
    Cronulla beat them the only way they were ever going to beat them - by completing their sets and good last play options which kept the ball out of Melbourne's hands as much as possible. They did the same thing to NQ last week. It was more effective against NQ because they were rooted from the previous week's overtime battle against Brisbane.

Melbourne's defence is the best in the league. Cronulla lifted their own defence too, but just about every time Melbourne threatened Cronulla's line (which was hardly at all) they scored. Cronulla threatened Melbourne's line most of the game but they couldn't crack it in standard play, even including kicks. It took a really clever scrum base move for them to get across the stripe. They couldn't add to their 8-0 lead and I knew for sure that Melbourne were not going to be held scoreless all game, so that was going to make the score 8-6 at any time.

Skippy Tasman was at the game, but I wouldn't have liked the tension of the really close score, it was bad enough watching it on TV!

I especially wouldn't have liked seeing Melbourne's last play live. Even on TV I pictured in my mind's eye, almost like it was happening, Melbourne crossing the line after the siren had gone. Cronulla just couldn't kill that play!

So now only the NZ Warriors and the Gold Coast Titans haven't won a premiership yet ??

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Is there a Jarryd Hayne or Shawn Johnson lurking here ? Don't be afraid to put your neck out and put a fearless prediction like me

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Warriors or titans will win it next year heard it here first!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    it will be very hard to pick the NRL winner next year, as any one of 10 teams could potentially win it!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
    it will be very hard to pick the NRL winner next year, as any one of 10 teams could potentially win it!!
    Miss your post here.
    Which uniforms should I wear now?

Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast