Page 32 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sports Thread, Aussie Sports, World Sports and All Sports, let's talk Sports !!

BTW, win loss or draw, don't lose faith with the horse breeding pedigree, they really stand the test of times:

Winner of the Melbourne Cup today: Rekindling: is by High Chaparral, out of Sadlers Wells by Northern Dancer

The second horse: Johannes Vermeer: is also by Galileo, out of Sadlers Wells by Northern Dancer

and the third horse: Max Dynamite: is by Great Journey, out of Sunday Silence by Halo, and Sunday Silence is the grand sire of Delta Blues (Melbourne Cup) and Espoir City (Japan Cup) and Admire Rakti (Caulfield Cup). Max Dynamite is out of a Monsun mare and Monsun is already the most successful sire of three Melbourne Cup winners in Protectionist, Fiorente and Almandin.

More homeworks to be done for 2018 I suppose ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Only got 1st and 2nd horse on my trifecta. No luck. Blew 270 all up. Should’ve spent it on girls instead.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Right at the last minute before they jump, I put $10 to win on no. 20, 22 and 24 so I got $150 back from that . And then I got a 10% Trifecta on all the overseas horses and got $302.51 back , that's based on superbet in Vic, NSW pays more. Damn ! So all up I got $450 back from the Cup, I think I was just about break even !

Ps. So it seems Humidor, Boom Time and Single Gazs all can't stay ! And I was wrong !
    Wow, you're lucky
    none of my clients won, I think. That's why only one who didn't bet showed up after the game finished

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Hard race to win on
    Fortunately I backed Fanatic In race 3. That's me a Fanatic he ha

Quote Originally Posted by croney View Post
    Hard race to win on
    Fortunately I backed Fanatic In race 3. That's me a Fanatic he ha
    Not when you are on Aloisia in the Oaks and she looked like a good thing until she lost a plate at the barrier and then stirred up and lost all chances .

But good to see Gai won a Group 1 at Flemington.

One day left in the carnival, only James Cummings had not got a big one ?

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Away leg of Socceroos v Honduras tomorrow morning 9:00 AM on Channel 9 GO.
    Massive game and we have to at the very least get one or two away goals.
    A 1-1 draw will be a good result a 2-2 draw even better, and a win would be awesome.
    Then we can finish the job in Sydney on Wednesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Away leg of Socceroos v Honduras tomorrow morning 9:00 AM on Channel 9 GO.
    Massive game and we have to at the very least get one or two away goals.
    A 1-1 draw will be a good result a 2-2 draw even better, and a win would be awesome.
    Then we can finish the job in Sydney on Wednesday night.
    Well, we got the nil all draw away, which is as good as a win , but we need to win it at home next week, as any scoring draw will be a lost !!

Well, we got the nil all draw away, which is as good as a win , but we need to win it at home next week, as any scoring draw will be a lost !!
    0-0 draw is not a good result.
    We needed to get an away goal.
    Now if Honduras score in Sydney we in trouble as we need at least 2 or 3 goals.
    The pitch in Honduras was a disgrace. It was a cow paddock.
    Anyway on a proper pitch in Sydney we should be able to put 3 goals through them easily - they are a crap team.
    We just need to fucking score! How many easy misses against Thailand Syria and Honduras?!.

Two sports: the Rugby World Cup and the Women's Ashes series.

Two matches: Tonga vs Samoa, the stadium was red, before the game , players from both teams locked in arms, formed in a big circle in the middle of the park, down on one knees praying together . Never seen anything on a footy field so pure and touching. Then the teams broke up, into their own formation for the war dance or their own version of harka as we know it then gave us a fast and exciting game , no one left anything on the field . After the match, instead of shaking hands, the players embraced one another like brothers and cousins ! That's is what this RLWC is all about !

Then we saw Tonga came back from 2-16 down at half time to beat the Kiwis 28-22! And the Stadium was also a sea of red in a NZ home game! They could now meet the Kangaroos in the final !

One Innings: Elyse Perry, 213 not out against England in the Ashes Test. And she took 3 wickets and 2 catches as well. What a player!

This is it, we can either go to Russia next year and feel good about it or join Italy staying at home and wondering what the fuck went wrong !!

Well, if the Socceroos can make it to Russia and the Azzurri is back home watching us on TV, it's moral victory for us since that deadly penalty in extra time over in Germany all those years ago !

Senior Member(無間使者)
    The Socceroos have dominated most games they've played in recent history. But, they can't convert this domination into goals. This is very frustrating and they really need to start and take their chances. I just hope that if they get an early goal, they still play their possession based style, and that they don't sit back and give Honduras any chances. Ryan needs to sharpen up too.��⚽️��

3-1, that will do, we are off to Russia !

Ange Postecoglou has failed again.
    He should never have been appointed and he should have been sacked ages ago.
    it has been failure after failure under Ange.
    Under his guidance we have struggled against Fourth World football nations like Thailand, Syria, and now Honduras - all of these nations are ranked well below Australia in FIFA rankings.
    His claim to fame is we won the Asian Cup - big fucken deal.
    The Asian Cup was on home soil which is a huge advantage.
    We lost to South Korea in the group stage.
    We only just managed to beat South Korea in the Final in extra time.
    We got lucky that Japan were eliminated in the Quarter Finals and so didn't have to face them.
    Who did we actually beat?; Kuwait, Oman, China and UAE - so fucking what,
    We should have easily qualified for the World Cup but under Ange we have struggled.
    We qualified for the 2006, 2010, and 2014 World Cups under Hidink, Verbeek, and Osiek. under Ange we just managed to qualify.

Ange coached us to 3 losses in the 2014 World Cup - our worst record ever in a World Cup.
    Ange is a failure and hopefully he will leave after this last game against Honduras.
    Yes we qualified against Honduras, simply because we are far superior, not because of Ange's incompetent coaching ... a chimpanzee could have coached the Socceroos to qualification.
    So what next?
    Graeme, no fucking clue Arnold? No way!
    We need to get an overseas coach.
    There is no Australian coach good enough to coach Australia.
    It will be at least another 30 years before we have an Australian coach fit for the job.
    Australia is the only Third World football nation arrogant enough to think we can have a local coach.
    Almost every Asian and African Country has a foreign coach.
    Even a coach from the Serbian 3rd Division would be better than an Australian A league coach.
    We need to start looking now and billionaire Frank Lowy needs to pull out the cheque book and start recruiting.
    The best thing Australian football ever did was sack Frank Farina and appoint Gus Hiddink.
    We need to do the same thing again.
    Then we will have 7 months to start building a team with a structure and a purpose and a strategy under an overseas coach.'The only way Australia will ever have any success is with a foreign coach.

Hi there Rooter,

Feels better now ? You really let go of all your footy frustrations there I can see ........ lol.

I think the team we got over at Germany three World Cups ago was probably the best team we have ever assembled , full of quality players playing in better football leagues overseas :

Harry Kewell, Viduka, Cahill, Lucas Neill, Marco Bresciano etc. just don't think the current crop have the same depth and talents . And considering we had almost beaten Italy if not for a diving penalty right at the end and Italy went on to win the Cup that year, so still wondering what could have been? what if.......

Congratulations to the Aussie boys regaining the Ashes in Perth with 3-0 victories over the Poms.

Captain Smith in awesome forms and the Marsh brothers, finally both delivered the promised they were meant to show
    for so long and in separate and equally important stages !

5-0 white wash again now seems imminent!

Cheers

Any one watched the BBL last night?

The Sydney derby which came down to the last over, the score were level at 19.5, one more ball, one run for the Thunder to win or else will be a Super Over !

What a great sight and a memorable moment for the Marsh brothers both to score a century in the same inning for an Ashes Test!

It’s the second Century for both batsmen and to do it together in the middle just magical - now they have joined the legendary Chappel and Waugh brothers in doing so!

Nice job to the selectors too !

What a great sight and a memorable moment for the Marsh brothers both to score a century in the same inning for an Ashes Test!

It’s the second Century for both batsmen and to do it together in the middle just magical - now they have joined the legendary Chappel and Waugh brothers in doing so!

Nice job to the selectors too !
    Bro, the Mitchell brothers are very average players.
    They are lucky to be playing against the weakest and most unmotivated English Test team to ever tour here.
    Everyone is scoring centuries; even the very average Khawaja.
    Comparing the Mitchell brothers to the Waughs and Chappells is ridiculous.
    This is a very average Australian Test team.
    The bowlers are very good; good pace attack and top spinner in Lyons.
    But our batting line up is weak.
    Smith is brilliant, and Warner is excellent, but all the rest are very average.
    They will be exposed for the very average batting team they are when they tour South Africa.

Banned
    Dustin Johnson has open up a final round two shot lead at the opening PGA event at
    Kapaluna .DJ season was interrupted by a back injury at Augusta and Justin Thomas came
    home win a flourish winning the PGA and Fed Ex Cup and PGA player of the year.
    Cross roads for Jason Day and Rory McCllroy and also a Ryder Cup Year.
    A all round exciting year with hoping a healthy Tiger contending at Augusta.

Anyone watching the Winter Olympics opening ceremony?

Isn’t that one of Sports’ greatest moment when the athletes from both the North and South Korea marching together under the one Korea flag ?

Sports triumph over politics!

Page 32 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast